Liseberg

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Justin

That was my initial thought too, Chris. Having some kind of lighting effect would add a feature to the ride, especially in a park located in a city.
Dan

Another update from Andreas Andersen via Twitter, showing that the trains for Valkyria will have the softer, vest style OTSR’s that are now commonplace on B&M coasters.

I do like the “Liseberg” detail on the restraint, it’s a nice touch.

Dan

Apologies for the double post, but we have another Valkyria update courtesy of Andreas Andersen.

This thing is looking seriously impressive. I can’t wait for the day I finally get out to Liseberg.
Justin

Liseberg has some very attractive coasters. This is looking stunning!
Michelle

Dan wrote:Liseberg is very near the top of my list of the parks I want to visit, along with Europa Park. Valkyria is just making me want to visit even more.

“TTSP does Liseberg” anyone? :lol

A bit delayed, but YES.
Ryan.B

For anyone wanting to do Liseberg, do it, even if you do go, it's not just the coasters which make it, the lighting and whole atmosphere around the park is beautiful, and also, if you can, try the restaurant underneath lisebergbanan. It's absolutely gorgeous but then again, the whole park is.
Michelle

Ryan.B wrote:For anyone wanting to do Liseberg, do it, even if you do go, it's not just the coasters which make it, the lighting and whole atmosphere around the park is beautiful, and also, if you can, try the restaurant underneath lisebergbanan. It's absolutely gorgeous but then again, the whole park is.
Absolutely, in fact the food is one of the reasons I've been wanting to go back for years :lol . Everything we had there was delicious and fresh, the whole park is just a winner from rides to food to atmosphere to staff.
Dan

It’s been a few weeks, but Andreas Andersen has posted another photo update on Valkyria, with a ground level shot of the overbanked turn.

Justin

Need to go. Need to go!
The ride is looking fantastic!
Dan

Another Valkyria update, courtesy of Andreas Andersen on Twitter. The caption to the image is “soon” although I’m not sure what he’s explicitly referring to, as you can see from the picture that the lift hill chain has yet to be installed.

Robert.W

Perhaps the chain lift will be installed soon.. ;)

Dan

Robert.W wrote:Perhaps the chain lift will be installed soon.. ;)
Amongst many other things, that’s certainly a possibility ;)
ponder

This does look really good. I'm unsurprised but disappointed that they use the modern vest-style restraints though. While they work well on wingriders, I found them to be too restrictive on Valravn.
paige

ponder wrote:This does look really good. I'm unsurprised but disappointed that they use the modern vest-style restraints though. While they work well on wingriders, I found them to be too restrictive on Valravn.
I have always hated vest-style restraints as someone with fairly long hair and claustrophobia it’s a pain to say the least! Admittedly it’s more comfortable on Galactica than Swarm though, so I think it would definitely be uncomfortable on this.
Chris
Admin
Admin

The Swarm is one of the only wing coasters where the vests lock and tighten throughout the ride. This was changed on future models and is a lot more comfortable.

I think Raptor and X Flight are the same.
ponder

I'm fine with the vests on Swarm, and didn't notice any difference on Gatekeeper (I can't say I've noticed the tightening thing anyway). Just thought they took all the fun out of Valravn, personally.
Dan

Theme Park Worldwide have posted some photos of Valkyria on their Facebook page.

Ryan.B

Someone posted an article over on Towers Street, sounds like they're having a bit of problem with the hole they're digging. It's at 5m, but needs to be 8m. There's small canals running through that part of the park which could factor in.
Dan

#backontrack #tunnel #valkyria @Liseberg

Andreas Andersen on Twitter
Robert.W

Andreas Andersen tweeted this picture of Valkyria's track being assembled. Good to see things are progressing well again! :)

Last edited by Justin on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link added.