Disneyland Resort Paris

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Who thinks this Park needs a New ride?
I mean they havent had a new ride in a long time.So what do u guys think the new ride should be?
nick_mcuk

Well i have been 2 years running (in the winter) and its still great...a new ride would be cool but bear in mind they have not long ago built the MGM studios 2nd park.

When I was there in Jan/Feb this year there was a lot of building work going on to the left of the MGM park...dunno what it was for but it was hooge area that had been cleared.
fontdude

ive heard that there will be a tower of terror built in the studios but nothing at teh mo in the main park. although space mountain is being revamped for its 10th.
maisy :(
2005 trips: 8th April (Best visit... ever!)
1st June (Even better...Nemesis 7 times!)

I really really like Disneyland, it is very expensive but I really like it, myself and my other half go there quite a lot.

I have also heard that they are building a Tower Of Terror at WDS. The thing I like about Disney, is the music and the parades. I have nearly all the park music cd's (sad yes I know, its my other halfs fault though, he makes me!)
[flicker]

I've got a feeling that Disneyland Paris is the only Disney park that will miss out on a tower of terror(at least for the moment...). Disneyland California's has just opened(or is shortly due to) and Tokyo Disneyland got one as well this year but i'm positive i read somewhere that DP missed out this year. I'm sure it will get one at some point though...
bigblade40

tower of terror is the best ride ever, although if paris gets one i doubt it ill be as good as the florida one because they'll do what they have done with the california one and make it just go up and down without the forward movement in the middle.
bigblade40
Doopy Dan

Yes a Tower Of Terror will open in the Walt Disney Studio park mid 2005 i belive.
bigblade40

that'll be the next time i visit then!
bigblade40
Andy

I never understand why they open rides mid-season. Anywhere. If you're gonna build it you might as well have ti fr the new season, not 1/2 way through! How off topic!
nick_mcuk

DLP is open all year...there is no season for it!

it does get some harsh weather inthe winter so that is probably the main reason
Doopy Dan

I never understand why they open rides mid-season. Anywhere. If you're gonna build it you might as well have ti fr the new season, not 1/2 way through! How off topic!
Most parks, if not all parks in florida are open 365 days of the year INCLUDING Christmas day, and that applys to Disney Land Paris, we have seasons because the winter is to harsh for our rides to operate and the parks would get no visitiors hense they would loose money, and the weather in paris is exactly perfect at christmand and winter, but as the park is Disney it is popular all year. But i have been told xmas day the parks usually reach there holding capacity and have to close their gates.
Babyshambled

[quote=""doopy dan""]Yes a Tower Of Terror will open in the Walt Disney Studio park mid 2005 i belive.[/quote]
haven't they been trying to open this for ages, i think the theming was started but then the ride was postponed. (correct me if i'm wrong)
nick_mcuk

[quote=""doopy dan""]
Most parks, if not all parks in florida are open 365 days of the year INCLUDING Christmas day, and that applys to Disney Land Paris, we have seasons because the winter is to harsh for our rides to operate and the parks would get no visitiors hense they would loose money, and the weather in paris is exactly perfect at christmand and winter, but as the park is Disney it is popular all year. But i have been told xmas day the parks usually reach there holding capacity and have to close their gates.[/quote]

Its nothing to do with the rides...people are more likely to got to disney cos of the name etc the weather is harsher than here in the uk but its the name that draws the crowds.

There isnt any tower of terror in the disneyland paris....never has and deffo no themeing for it.

As i said when i was there earlier this year...there was ahooge area being cleared n prepped for something....no hints to what it was though.
Doopy Dan

I will scan the construction pics of TERROR OF TOWER, no other ride but that one, in later
haydn!

There are plans to build a Tower Of Terror at Disney Studios Paris, but because of flagging gate figures it has been posponed. So the park can invest heavily in a large number of smaller but equally appealling attractions, before investing largely.

As for the main park, im sure i read somewhere they're considering installing a Buzz Lightyear ride, and there are also plans for a massive new holiday village development on the cards.
Alton Towers Mad

whats hapnin to space mountin font dude?
Babyshambled

Just a quick question, does space mountain at DLP do a vertical loop straight after the launch?
Alton Towers Mad

I cant remember. It might do but its dark sso its hard to tell where you are going
doom+sons1988

It defintely feels like it does but I guess it doesn't.

On the topic of DLP has anyone breakdown on Phantom Manor and had to walk back to the station with models still moving. It sounds dangerous but they inflicted it on us in May 2000. The Phantom digging the grave has no back just a metal pole, see you something new all the time.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
cookiee_munster

[quote=""doom+sons1988""]It defintely feels like it does but I guess it doesn't.

On the topic of DLP has anyone breakdown on Phantom Manor and had to walk back to the station with models still moving. It sounds dangerous but they inflicted it on us in May 2000. The Phantom digging the grave has no back just a metal pole, see you something new all the time.[/quote]

OMG phantom manor is spec-tac-ular... its amazing, its the only reason i want to go back, the best haunted house ride ive ever been on :)

i'm glad that tower of terror is finally getting built at disney studio's, ive heard its to be the same as the one in california, and so is the one at Disney sea, so at the moment the one in florida is the only tower to have backwards/forwards movement :) i was very impressed by the conceptual art of the tower at disney sea, the imagineers there were told just go wild and not worry about budget cuts... i think its because of the oriental land company paying for the ride or something... and this ride may possibly have the roumered 3D effects without wearing 3D glasses :)