Disneyland Resort Paris

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
abigsmurf

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/ ... atest.html

An analysis of some apparently credible leaks from Disney Central Plaza.

Big things to note: Each land looks initially to only contain a single ride with two big e-tickets (Frozen and Star Wars battle escape) alongside some flat rides and what's hopefully a better retheme than the Incredicoaster for the Rock n Rollercoaster. Looks like there's a large amount of expansion space and they've drawn up a bunch of potential plans for adding rides to the new lands or expanding them based on popularity.

It's good to know that this expansion looks to be a long term deal and not the "build and forget" approach that caused the park to get into the mess of a ~2 years ago.
Robert.W

New Chaparral Theatre Plans Released

Plans for a new theatre which will be built on the location of the former Chaparral Theatre in the Frontierland area of the park have been released. The new theatre will be more enclosed than it's predecessor, and the new plans give a glimpse of what the new exterior of the theatre will look like once completed. The theatre should be completed for the summer of 2019 when it will host a production of The Lion King.

Source
Last edited by Dan on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Heading size reduced

Ladyofthelake

Disneyland Paris have released a new concept image for the upcoming Marvel area due to be constructed within the Disney Studios Park. The image and accompanying press release confirms a number of new details about the new area, including a new Spiderman attraction which will replace the Armegeddon attraction. Also confirmed to feature in the new area are Dr Strange, and Pym Technologies - which Marvel fans will recognise as being from Ant Man and The Wasp. These will join the already announced 're-imagining' of Rock 'n' roller Coaster to Iron Man.

The Marvel area will be the first part of a 2 billion Euro expansion plan which will also see Frozen and Star Wars areas added to the Studios park.
abigsmurf

Weird how vague they are for everything except for the Rock and Rollercoaster. That does extremely similar to the Spiderman ride being built in California Adventure with the Spiderman Symbol being oddly disguised, not sure why they're seemingly avoiding announcing rides. Trying to trickle out a stream of news or will the Marvel Land be multiple phases?

Guessing Ant Man and Doctor Strange are going to be two separate shows, one in the stunt show theatre and the other where the previous Marvel show is (hopefully they put a bit more work than with that one). Neither of those properties seem to lend themselves to an outdoor stunt show so it'll be interesting to see what they are.
abigsmurf

Planning documents have been found for the Spider-man ride.

https://twitter.com/OutsidEarsDLP/status/1125076149560803329

As the rumours suggested it's a shooter ride, disappointingly it's a basic Midway Mania clone spent entirely in front of screens. You can't help be disappointed that a major new ride at  both Disney Studios and California Adventure using one of the best Marvel IPs doesn't appear to be having a huge amount of effort being put into it.
Swarm Chris

Whilst I love Midway Mania and Phantasialand's Maus Au Chocolat, it's a bit of a shame that's what they're doing with it.

I think it'll be good for Disneyland Paris, but I suspect it won't be a patch on Universal's Spiderman ride.
Robert.W

I think, in the case of Walt Disney Studios Paris, it is a filler attraction replacing another filler attraction. So it does make sense. I suspect one of the issues could have been lack of space for anything more elaborate. Over at California Adventure though, if this does turn out to be the same ride as in Paris, that means you have essentially two of the same (or very similar) ride experiences in the same park, which is a bit strange. But we all know what Disney’s attitude to new additions at DCA has been like in recent years so perhaps it’s not that surprising.

abigsmurf

Yeah, in California Adventure it's literally around the corner from Midway Mania, could easily be a The Fast and the Furious level flop there.

DLP doesn't have Midway Mania so it's not as bad there. It's just a shame when you see stuff like Popcorns Revenge done at parks with a fraction of the budget but done so much more creatively.
Swarm Chris

I hadn't fully appreciated the exact same ride was also going into California Adventure. :O

The only thing I can think is that with Midway Mania being very popular at California Adventure, but without the space to expand it like in Hollywood Studios, they've essentially done the expansion by putting it elsewhere in the park with a different theme. Still not particularly great use of the space at that park though. It's possible the interaction system may be different to Midway Mania as it's only saving grace, perhaps more like that of Ninjago.

Maybe this should have just been a Paris exclusive...
abigsmurf

The press releases about the ride hint you're testing webslingers so it could definitely have some unique shooting motion/mechanism. Probably won't revolve around the classic webshooting gesture as that's likely too tricky to perform for guests and hard to detect.
Owen

The Marvel Avengers themed area coming to Disney Studios Park will officially be named AVENGERS CAMPUS!

More details expected Sunday.
Harry347

I would love to know when the area is supposed to be finished by, 2021 maybe? Hotel New York's marvel re-theme will be done by next Summer.
Owen

Currently it’s expected that Avengers Campus Paris will be opening in 2021 yes, that being said I’d expect to get a solid opening year on Sunday!

Here’s a new piece of concept art for Avengers Campus Paris!

Owen

D-23 Disneyland Resort Paris

The parks and resorts panel at D23 has taken place! Below are all the announcements made for Disneyland Resort Paris.

Walt Disney Studios

With only on major announcement for Paris, there wasn't much information besides...

Avengers Campus | 2021

Attractions

Avengers Campus
Avengers Campus will feature different 'adresses' for certain areas of the campus. Fans can meet Spider-Man, Ant-Man & The Wasp, Iron Man, Black Widow, Black Panther and Iron Man.

Spider-Man
Guests will be able to sling webs like Spider-Man on this family friendly attraction. "During an open house at WEB, the aspiring inventors are excited to invite you for a test drive of their latest invention: the “Web Slinger” vehicle, which allows you to sling webs just like Spider-Man! The attraction gives you a taste of what it’s like to have actual super powers as you help Spider-Man collect Spider-Bots that have run amok.".

Dining

Pym Test Kitchen
Just as Ant-Man and The Wasp use “Pym Particles” to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies is using the latest innovations to grow and shrink food at this eatery!".

Hotels

Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel | Summer 2021
"The hotel will celebrate 80 years of Marvel art and artists, with more than 300 curated works of art on display. Rooms will include one-of-a-kind themed suites featuring favorite Super Heroes like Spider-Man, and you can even meet these legends in a dedicated space.".

Last edited by Owen on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
abigsmurf

Why do Disney like putting bugbots in their attractions...

Seems the Doctor Strange attraction is just a character Meet and Greet based on what they said. Seems like all it's getting in terms of rides is Spider-man and the Rock and Rollercoaster retheme.

No new news on the big expansion which I'm guessing means it's at least 2 years away.
Ladyofthelake

ED92 has tweeted that "Cars Route 66" is to be the new name of "Studio Tram Tour". Currently due to open in "summer 2020", the re-themed attraction has the description:
“Buckle up and join Cars stars Lightning McQueen and Mater for a fun filled family road trip where you’ll discover natural and mechanical wonders along the legendary Route 66”.
Original tweet

I'm a little disappointed that the Studio Tram Tour is being re-themed to Cars. To me, Cars has never really conjured up that Disney magic. Whilst the Studio Tram Tour did undoubtedly need an update, for me, it would have been better to have a new studio tour type attraction as that, in my opinion, would have fit better with the movie studio theme of that park. However, it will hopefully be another step towards dragging Studios up to the standard it needs to be as a Disney park.
Swarm Chris

An even better use would have been a fully fledged Radiator Springs installation.

But yeah, good that the tram tour is finally becoming a bit more consistently themed. I'm surprised they're keeping it though, given pretty much all tram tours except the one at Universal Hollywood have been torn out across the world.
abigsmurf

Seeing Jeremy Irons with his huge brick of a phone talking about the 'amazing'  Reign of Fire and Dinotopia was amusing.

Neat that DLP is getting a unique ride (although I'd probably rather have the California Adventure ride). Interestingly this confirms the leak which also included a third park in 2030.