Disneyland Resort Paris

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
kris3012

Hi all

I'm off to DLP in 5 days time with my partner. It's our first time going to DLP. I've done Florida but have a few questions I hope people can help with.

I've seen a few vlogs online and ive ssen that some of the preshows are in French. Haunted mansion and Ratatouie come to mind. Do any of these rides have English pre shows ? as I'm gonna admit I don't have a clue with French. School as such a long time ago. I want to experience the full rides.

Also we have dining included does this include the day you arrive as we get off the Eurostar in Disney itself about 2:30pm French time?

Just really gutted that Hyperspace mountain opens just after we get back.

Many thanks
From what I remember they are in French
As for meals u get vouchers for the amount of nights you are there I.e 5 nights 5 lots of vouchers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
streetmagix

From memory Tower of Terror preshow (video) was in French with English subtitles and the ride attendants spoke both French and English. I'm fairly certain Ratatouille was the same too.
Chris
Admin
Admin

We saw both English and French pre shows on Tower yesterday. The staff can change them to suite the audience.
DavidRock

Baffles wrote:We saw both English and French pre shows on Tower yesterday. The staff can change them to suite the audience.
Cheers for the Info getting excited now as in london overnight ready to get the direct train to DLP from st Pancras in the morning.
Adam

You'll find most of the important story stuff will be in either language with subtitles for the other. Same goes for most shows across the resort also. There is very little French only stuff. If anything we found more in English when we went earlier this year.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
DavidRock

Been quickly to DLP studios a d the main DLP park. Just watched the fireworks from The hotel. Haunted Mansion was all in French and also had downtime while we were onboard. Came off that to see people being evacuated off the lifthill for Big Thunder Mountain ..... I think I've brought a little of Alton Towers downtime with us.

Still soooooo many Pin Badges to collect
kris3012

DavidRock wrote:Still soooooo many Pin Badges to collect
I spent a fortune on pins whilst I was there it got quite obsessive [emoji87]

DavidRock

More trouble...... Crushes coaster Down....Terror of Tower Down and Rock N Roller Coaster ALSO down.

Hopefully getting on a ride soon
TinkerGem

DavidRock wrote:Hi all

I'm off to DLP in 5 days time with my partner. It's our first time going to DLP. I've done Florida but have a few questions I hope people can help with.

I've seen a few vlogs online and ive ssen that some of the preshows are in French. Haunted mansion and Ratatouie come to mind. Do any of these rides have English pre shows ? as I'm gonna admit I don't have a clue with French. School as such a long time ago. I want to experience the full rides.

Also we have dining included does this include the day you arrive as we get off the Eurostar in Disney itself about 2:30pm French time?

Just really gutted that Hyperspace mountain opens just after we get back.

Many thanks
I seem to remember that on Ratatouille one character speaks French and one speaks English but the dialogue is done in a way that you only need one side of the conversation, I think a few of the rides/shows are like this.
Tom

TinkerGem wrote:I seem to remember that on Ratatouille one character speaks French and one speaks English but the dialogue is done in a way that you only need one side of the conversation, I think a few of the rides/shows are like this.
Yes this tends to be the way a lot of their attractions and shows work, it works quite well I think.

Sorry to hear that there has been so much down time on your visit David, think we got lucky last week. Do need to revisit for Hyperspace and Pirates after they reopen though.
DavidRock

Cheers Tom.

The rides did open back up so all coaster creds have been done. Got to say Indiana Jones is by far the roughest coaster I've been on in a long time
kris3012 wrote:
DavidRock wrote:Still soooooo many Pin Badges to collect
I spent a fortune on pins whilst I was there it got quite obsessive [emoji87]

I agree Kris we've seen a few but opted for the attraction only ones.

The Disney Dreams show was good but had French mixed In I'm gonna see if I can get the Disney Dreams soundtrack if it's in English. I've got Disney Wishes from Florida 2013. Still 3 days to go now so taking the park much slower now.
kris3012

I loved the illuminations it made me a bit emotional [emoji24] lol

Tom

I'd really recommend checking out the Mickey and the Magician show in Studios if you get the chance, it's amazing.
Michelle

Tom wrote:I'd really recommend checking out the Mickey and the Magician show in Studios if you get the chance, it's amazing.

I second this, definitely worth a watch :)
Glad you're having a good time David, although I really didn't find Indiana Jones that bad it certainly wasn't the most comfortable ride I've ever been on :P
kris3012

Yes Mickey and the magician is amazing my wife loved it and made us watch in 3 times

DavidRock

Last day on park and just wondered info Discoveryland and Hyper Space Mountain is open ..... was gutted all week as it's supposed to be open on the 5th May..... current queue time is 60 mins so I'm in the queue

EDIT: Change of plan ...... Got to the station and queued up was practically 2 cars away from getting the Coaster Cred and they have done a full ride evacuation as the ride was only in testing phase. I know Vekoma are still on site as I've seen there vans at the back of the ride.

Won't have enough time now if they do 're open later due to Eurostar....... Do close to the cred and so far away
Last edited by lewis97 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts
ThemeCrafter264

I thought it had reopened from seeing a Twitter page who were in the queue
Dom

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:I thought it had reopened from seeing a Twitter page who were in the queue
It would appear not, going by the post above your post :)
Ladyofthelake

Dom wrote:
ThemeParkCrafter wrote:I thought it had reopened from seeing a Twitter page who were in the queue
It would appear not, going by the post above your post :)
It has kind of soft opened for part of today, however it has run in total darkness with no effects or sound/music. It seems it was purely to test the trains going around the tracks - possibly something to do with Vekoma being on site as their vans were seen at the Resort.

Very frustrating that it soft opened just a week after I was there :(
DavidRock

Just about to get off the Eurostar. Gutted as I said earlier about Hyperspace Mountain but did get the other coaster creds at both parks and a haul of 17 pins. 2 of which were given free from Disney themselves so a bonus.

Cheers Lewis for merging my 2 posts much apreciated. My signal wasn't the best in the queue line sorry mate