Disneyland Resort Paris

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
doom+sons1988

This is the Tower of Terror at Disney Sea. It's actually not themed around The Twlight Zone but a different storyline altogether.

I know what your thinking "Why Tussauds Why Aren't you stinking rich like Disney".
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
ukool

thats strange, it looks like theres a big piece missing out of it. I cant wait till i go to DLP next year so i cn go on it
AstroDan

Well, construction is well under way for this new ride at Walt Disney Studio's Park. Along with Tower of Terror, this park looks like it's actually going to be worth the entrance fee from next year.

The Turtle Twister looks like a pretty average Maurer Sohne Spinner, bit like (dare i say it) Whirlwind at Camelot, but obviously it's going to be enclosed and, of course - well themed as Disney will do. I am sure it will be inetresting.

RCDB link here and you can see pictures of the circuit:

http://www.rcdb.com/id3306.htm
Last edited by AstroDan on Thu May 24, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CGM

Yep, I have also been watching both of these projects with great interest. I should think that Turtle Twister will turn out great and this with Tower of Terror should really give the Studios a boost. I'm wondering how the building will be themed that encloses Turtle Twister
AstroDan

Like Finding Nemo, i presume! I love Nemo so am excited to see how they theme it.
CGM

They might just go for a studio style building like pretty much the rest of the park. This is what I'm worried about
AstroDan

Hope not! I haven't been before, so don't know what it's like. Guess the studios is less about magic than the main park.
Coaster_Ed

hey everyone. I would just like to say how much i love Space Mountain Mission 2! Its wicked! If you ever go to DLRP its one you can't miss!

Thats why I have come up with a new and even better plan.

SPACE MOUNTAIN MISSION 3!

My ideas are :

New Mountain! Come on its getitng a bit old but i love it
Block Brakes so you can see scenes of aliens and meteors
A meteor that hits u and nocks u off course

Anyone think these ideas would be good?

Coaster_Ed

:lol:
Last edited by Coaster_Ed on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coaster_Ed
altontowerskid

Space mountain is a great coaster but has never shown me any signs of being remotly intense. It has no force and is quite boring. I love the station and the queue line but everything else seems tacky. H&S are soon going to be on their case because they have a huge lack of emergency stairs.

Your ideas are good but i couldn't see that any change will be untill about 5 years now.
Nathan

Tacky you say! What are your views on AT theming then? Disgraceful i suggest! AT could only hope for a coaster of SM:M2 quality. No force and boring! Have you been on the same SM:M2 as the rest of us?
Coaster_Ed

I know i don't really think they will change for a long time coz they only jst changed it but i think they have potential to make it really good theming. Coz its inclosed ther is so much more u can do

Coaster_Ed :W
Coaster_Ed
Mattmills

I like your ideas, i think the block brakes and meteor idea is extremely good, and would love to see your ideas in real life lol, however i am still to ride the 'new' Space Mountain, will be riding next week though!
Ketchup

[quote=""Mackem Lad""]Tacky you say! What are your views on AT theming then? Disgraceful i suggest! AT could only hope for a coaster of SM:M2 quality. No force and boring! Have you been on the same SM:M2 as the rest of us?[/quote]

I've been on the old Space Mountain at DLP various times and i've read many reviews saying that the original theme was better.

Now the ride is identical, and to be honest it's a crap Vekoma looper with a dull launch, especially compared with a good Vekoma Launched LIM, Rockin RollerCoaster in the park next door.

I agree with you that it's not boring, its quite entertaining finding a way to stop the headbanging!
Nathan

The original was good but Mission 2 looks better inside, neon tunnels, lava etc.

Rock n Rollercoaster was bit years later, you know technology does advance!

There is little headbanging on the ride, especially with the new trains. So i dont know what youre talking about there.
Coaster_Ed

Xactly. Now its quite smooth. But Rock n Rollercoaster can still be bumpy you know. IF you sit near the front too its crazy!
Coaster_Ed
Coaster_Ed

Buzz Lightyear is funny but Tower of Terror is going to be wicked. What actually happens in topwer of terror. How does the lift move. I swear it goes up forward back up drop forward and all over the place! its confusing!? is it a drop ride or a story!
Coaster_Ed
Coaster_Ed

has anyone got any reccent pics of this ride? coz i've looked everywhere and i guess ther actually starting the ride now but no one knows?! helP!
Coaster_Ed
TenZero

On the far right is Crush
Crush's Turtle Twister (below, right). Based on Finding Nemo, this will be a Disney first, combining elements of a classic dark ride with an indoor spinning wild mouse coaster. Riders will climb aboard a giant sea turtle, setting sail from a Sydney Harbor fishing jetty before plunging into black-lit coral caves, shoals of jellyfish, and an abandoned submarine, where Bruce, the Great White shark, lies in wait. This is followed by a high speed race along the East Australian Current, as the ride vehicles spin around. The special effects will be many and varied, with a variety of dry-for-wet techniques, and brand new holographic animation effects, to bring Nemo and friends to stunning 3-D life.

Crucially, the attraction exterior will form part of the ride itself, with the vehicles plunging out of a cave mouth in the facade and racing through a rockwork trench, a few feet from passing guests. There are even rumors that a Splash Mountain-style water burst will be featured at this point.

Far left is 'Cars'' Radiator Springs Spinout.
Directly opposite will stand the Radiator Springs Spinout (above, left). Based on the new Pixar movie Cars, this ride will be a richly detailed spinning teacups affair, with riders seated in scale reproductions of the film's principal characters. Rumors persist that these vehicles will talk, spouting various phrases as they career about the ride zone, but I've yet to get confirmation of this. The desert highway theme will extend beyond the ride itself, with a photo location featuring Lightning McQueen and Mater outside the entrance.

There will also be major changes to the Studio's areas, mainly Backlot (RnR area) and Production Courtyard (Cinemagic and Tram Tour area).

Image Here you can see a clearer view of Crush in the far background.
TenZero

[quote=""Coaster_Ed""]New Mountain! Come on its getitng a bit old but i love it[/quote]
The mountain will never change if you are on about the exterior of the ride, theres nothing needs changing thats SM's icon.
Block Brakes so you can see scenes of aliens and meteors
This already happens, you slow into the block brakes the the scene of a huge meteor starts the blow.
A meteor that hits u and nocks u off course
And as said before, this meteor hits you of course, you plugin down into a steep drop to the right.

However, yes SM 2 is crap, always will be. The effects are poor, you can see the screens the meteors etc. are projected on. The lighting is poor, alowing you to see many of the effects secrets. The track is bumpy, for suposedly the smoothest Disney ride. The music never seems to play on the paris version anymore, and when it does occasionaly play its extremely quiet. The queueline is very poor, a tin shelf painted black with posters of space on the walls, its also incredibly stuffy. The ride photo position is also incredibly stupid, this needs to be recified. The brake run is actually very well themed, however you seem to pass through this without any notice of the themeing. The ride needs a serious overhall, the only good point being the station, and exterior themeing.
Nathan

Well i think it kicks any UK attractions ass.