Fantasy Island

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
jackcullen

Theyve brought back the G Force Booster removed 12 years ago.
darrenhosker

That's great news if they have, where did you find this out from?

I loved that ride.
Liam.W

darrenhosker wrote:That's great news if they have, where did you find this out from?

I loved that ride.
From Fantasy Island's social media pages
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dan

Fantasy Island’s website has been updated with their two new attractions for this season, Frisbee and Magic.

Amazing Confusion has also been removed from the website, which suggests it won’t be at the park during 2018.

With it being my local park, I’m hoping to get over to Fantasy Island a few times over the course of the season. I haven’t visited for a few years and by all accounts, the park has improved considerably since Mellors took over so I’m looking forward to seeing the changes for myself.
Wagstaff04

I've heard that Millennium will be getting a new paint job and colour scheme this year, but since its not on the website, does that mean its not going ahead or being pushed back or what? Also, I’m pretty sad to see that Amazing Confusion wont be opening this year, as its one I was hoping to get on this year, but I guess Frisbee may be a replacement. 
ThemeCrafter264

The paint job has already happened (pictures are on the park's social media pages).
Dan

The repaint on Millennium is indeed happening, these photos were uploaded to the Fantasy Island Facebook page on 14th January, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s finished by now.

Dom

ScareTOUR have reported on FB that Fantasy Islands Halloween event Fear Island will be returning this year and will run for 19 nights. The event will kick off on Saturday 13th October
wakey1512

The new colours on Millennium look great I think, regardless of what people think with the choice of colour the original paint has looked tired for a very long time. The chain lift system with the brake fin anti roll back is very dirty and there was a lot of grease stains on the track. They had a go at the supports some years ago but now a full repaint will look the part. Let’s hope they are doing a proper job of it preparing the surfaces properly otherwise the original colours will be visible within a few months just like odyssey.
Wagstaff04

Pictures have been released of Millenium’s new LED trains. I think they look very nice, although a bit too white. 
Dan

Here are some photos of Millennium’s new trains, courtesy of the Fantasy Island Facebook page

If there’s one thing to be said about them, they are very colourful. Another thing to note is the white LED lights. Out of all the things I thought I’d see from Fantasy Island, I never thought I’d see lights on one of their coaster trains :lol
Ryan.B

I don't particularly like the trains, but lights could look cool. Mellors have done a lot of work over the time they've owned the place so hats off to them!
Dan

Fantasy Island have released the park map for the 2018 season this morning on their Facebook page.

Dan

Fantasy Island have released a promotional image on their Facebook page for their ‘Fear Island’ scare event which runs between 13th October - 4th November 2018
Are you ready for the return of Fear Island?!
Stay tuned for what’s in store this year…
jackf1tz

The top of that skull reminds me of a certain Merlin park's branding... ;)
Robert.W

Oh god.. another Thorpe Park "island like no other" imitation :lol

Nickolai

It's not the best marketing ever. Thorpe Park and Cedar Point are on islands, this park is on an old car park!
Formally Smiler313
Robert.W

In that case, shouldn't it be called "Fantasy Car Park"? :lol

jackf1tz

Yes, yes it should.
Dan

Fantasy Island have announced that the outdoor market section of the park will reopen on Wednesday 3rd June.