BlackGang Chine

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
mattiepearce

BlackGang Chine is reportedly the oldest theme park in the UK. Maybe the world. When I was there recently there was a new 'world' opening (Area 5). And I thought it'd be interesting to hear everyones opinion of the park.
Themeparksandy1981

I went here in 2008 and thought it was ok. Didn't go on any of the rides near the main entrance but was a good day out for a free return within 7 days.
ThrillJunkie

The new attraction is simply a forest walk with added model dinosaurs and sound effects.

I looked into this a few weeks back when I was on the IoW but didn't go to the park as it seems very expensive for adults. You can however get a good view of the park from the public viewing point and picnic area which is at the top of the cliff looking down over the park.

There is a walk through of this new attraction here:
ThrillJunkieUK
JustWill

I've been twice this year: a great place!
Full of imagination, many parks could take a leaf out of their book!

They could do with a couple more rides though, to please the older generation...

But it is a cool place to take your kids because of with lower height restrictions and so much stuff to do :) :) :)

Check it out: www.blackgangchine.com/
ThrillJunkie

When I was at IoW a live comedian described BlackGang Chine as

"Disneyland when all the rides are shut"

Which I think is a pretty good description
ThrillJunkieUK
Burniel

I went a few years ago, and enjoyed myself, despite the coaster being closed. Having said this, I wasn't an enthusiast back then, and so don't know what I'd think of it now.

I'd say go if you happen to have a spare day and live close to Portsmouth (as the park's small, you can do the boat crossings, the park and go for dinner in a day easily), but don't expect thrills or even many rides at all.

I personally prefer Robin Hill.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
JustWill

Dan.B wrote:I personally prefer Robin Hill.
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 13&t=39362
There's a topic on Robin Hill :D