Holiday World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As I was so hasty with my earlier update, some more supports have since arrived on site.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

New and controllable webcam is available here. Although it provides good views at the moment, it won't be great for following construction after the vertical loop.
Jack

that is awesome! :D
lewis97
Admin
Admin

They stayed later than usual yesterday, in order to get the next support and two track sections up, as you can sort of see in the screenshot below. I think this may be the first time it's been raining since I started following construction.

[align=center]Image[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Not much in the way of vertical construction today, however the next section of track and the secttions that make up the final support of the Immelmann have been moved to the site.

[align=center]Image[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Yesterday, the final Immelmann support was erected along with the next section of track. Holiday World have stated on twitter that they expect to top Thunderbird off at around 2/3pm GMT (if my conversion is correct).

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The final two pieces of the Immelmann are ready to go (shown in the following image from Twitter), but the weather has made a turn for the worse with a torrential downpour.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Although it was pretty much in position a couple of hours ago, they've only just detached it from the crane, so only now is the Immelmann truly topped off.

Below is a before and after (sort of) image of the Immelmann as well as the latest webcam screenshot. Here's a video of the milestone moment.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

As expected, the original webcam has now been turned to face where the vertical loop will be constructed. They've already got the next piece of track up today and the next support up too.

Also some supports have been craned into the area close to The Voyage, where you could see another crane earlier on. I'm not sure whether they're currrently putting those up, but I can see that the next section of track is on site.

The Will Power Building has also begun to receive its cladding today. It's hard to see if any of the other sides have started to have their façades applied.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Apparently, they managed to get another part of the vertical loop's entrance up later on yesterday, as you can see below. Today they've added the track at the bottom of the loop's exit.

Jack

seems to be progressing very well! :D Learn from this, merlin ;)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It's been a very productive day, with 3 sections of track going up for the exit and second half of the vertical loop. It looks as though one of the cranes might be on the move, we'll have to wait and see where it ends up. Also behind the exit of the Immelmann, a wooden structure is being erected, presumably for one of the plaza's buildings.

Holiday World also released another Hard Hat Chronicles episode a few days ago. It shows that the side of the Will Power Building facing the station has also received its cladding.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Although no track was placed today, both the first half and top of the vertical loop have been constructed on the ground. It's looking likely that the vertical loop will be completed tomorrow, with all four pieces of track being erected in the two sections.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The bad weather has delayed any further vertical construction today, but the last supports for the vertical loop have been assembled on the ground. They're hoping to complete it tomorrow, but it will all depend on the weather.

However, Holiday World have added a few photos to their Facebook.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

After putting the first half of the vertical loop up yesterday, the second inversion was topped off today. It does now mean, that it's not going to be as easy to following daily construction using the webcams, but I have faith in Holiday World to keep as updated with photos and HoliBlog posts.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

An additional section of track across The Voyage has been set into place.

Morgan

That bit looks really intense...
Could you imagine...
Voyage shoots underneath you...
Dom

It is looking like one amazing coaster. Wish it was in the UK :(
Jack

You can't post that lewis! this is a family friendly forum! :O ;)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

From what I can tell the entrance to the first overbanked turn has gone up. I believe the supports went up yesterday with, I think, 3 pieces of track being positioned today. As the webcams don't show it, I'm uncertain as to whether the track that is below the overbanked turn's entrance is also in place, as it may have gone in beforehand as it would be too difficult to position afterwards.