Holiday World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Can you tell what's changed?

[align=center]Image[/align]

That's right - the first section of the launch is in!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Two more sections of the launch track have been added today, although it's hard to tell from this screenshot.

Also, I believe they added the support circled below whilst I was watching the webcam earlier on.

Ryan.B

The full launch track visible on the webcam is now in! The first inversion should hopefully come soon!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

All the sections of the launch are now in, which also includes the entrance to the Immelmann. It looks as though they've also been preparing footers today, so I expect to see some more supports going in tomorrow.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Not much happened yesterday in the way of vertical construction, with just a large proportion of the launch receiving a catwalk.

Today a few trusses were added to the building on the right-hand side of the launch (from the webcam's perspective), more digging took place around the same building and what looks like where the station building will be, and of course another two sections of track were put in place.

Holiday World has said that construction is currently 2 weeks ahead of schedule, so it's certainly going well.

As you may notice the crane isn't on the main construction site at the moment, as it has gone down to most likely load supports and track onto the flat-bed trailer, ready for tomorrow.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Nothing particularly major happened today, so it doesn't really warrant a screenshot. A small support for the bottom of the Immelmann's exit was delivered to the construction site and more digging took place. A larger crane is due to arrive on Monday, in order to position the higher track elements.
Capt.Barnacles

The larger crane has just arrived on site with what appears to be two large supports, presumably for part of the Immelmann.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As expected, another section of Immelmann track has gone up and the next supports are laying ready on site. Also, the roof structure of the building next to the launch has been completed, although it is uncertain whether the flywheel has been put in place (if it was going to be lowered in) or if it will be added at a later date.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Next section of track along with its supports went in today, which now means we can't really see what's going on up there. Not too sure where the crane is, it left the site a few hours ago, presumably to load more track/supports, however I'm unsure whether it's still in the storage area or behind where the camera can see.

Also, earlier on the camera went a little crazy and started looking all over the park, although it looks as though they were seeing how best to position the camera when they move onto constructing the vertical loop. I took a couple of screenshorts that may be of interest.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

There are lots more supports on site and another section of track, although I don't think any more went up today. They seemed to work last Saturday, despite not working the Saturday before that, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Two cranes were on site today to lift the next supports and track section into position, although one of them has now left. I believe the next supports are those already waiting on site, so we'll probably see them up with the next bit of track tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm without a laptop for the next few days, so can't provide you with a screenshot of today's progress.
Ryan.B

Right, as Lewis can't update us today here is an iPad screenshot (I'm doing my rollercoaster research as well)

As you can see by the photo, what I believe is the tallest support is up.
Last edited by lewis97 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed link to photo
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It's not the tallest support, I believe there's another that goes around about the vertical part of the Immelmann and then the support which is at the top of the exit might even be taller than that.
Jack

Looking at B&M supports and where this is, this does seem to be the support for the vertical part :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I point you in the direction of the layout that was released when the ride was announced.

If you match up with the supports that are visible on the webcam with those shown in the image, you can see that there's one more to go.
Jack

It may be a very accurate representation of the ride, but it looks as if the supports for the immelman are off compared to the webcam, especially in terms of height and shape of supports :)
Jack

Sorry for double posting; I have just looked at the construction cam, and you may be right, I thought what I did because of the perspective webcam :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Indeed :P Although they're not quite finished for the day, I may as well bring you a roundup of today's progress.

The Thunderbird crew have had a very busy day. The next section of the Immelmann has been delivered to the site and its supports were assembled earlier on, but it's looking like it will be going up tomorrow now.

However, with a second crane on site earlier on, they have been able to get two more sections (currently erecting the second) of the Immelmann's exit up, along with their supports.

This image was uploaded to Holiday World's twitter, before yesterday's last piece of track went in.

Edit: Holiday World have uploaded a video to their Facebook of yesterday's last piece of track being put in place.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Three cranes were on site today in order to lift the next supports and track of the Immelmann into position. It has also been stated that a second webcam is being set-up so we'll still be able to follow construction once the Immelmann is finished.

Ryan.B

Liking the little touches on the building in the top right!