Nurburgring

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

Kaz - obviously there are exceptions, but the facts are that a lot of people would die in such a situation.

Stop indirectly putting people down! I'd like to see you survive 40 od G for a couple of minutes ;)
Kaycee

There's a reason why you've found that case to highlight, Kaz - because it's an exception and worth reporting for public interest.

They've obviously got to be careful with Gs on roller-coaster for health and safety reasons, that's why you barely see them break 6Gs. Isn't there a roller-coaster in Australia that has a 'kerazzzy' amount of Gs though (well... like, 7?) :P The force is a stress on the body, and like Green.Wing said, perhaps going quickly from positive to negative Gs isn't too healthy.
Kaz

Stop indirectly putting people down!
What by providing evidence to back my theory? Sorry.

Is there even any evidence this thing will go off the ground, it may just be a flat out acceleration followed by a stop – dragster like.
Green.Wing

I think your missing the point Kaz.

F1 drivers head is very much supported in the seat. Where as a child in a seat going at 135mph spining around and around with only a lap bar keeping them in the seat.
The statement was made in humour. And yes it would propely kill someone.

People in F1 cars and pilots experince High G force all the time and so therefore can take more then the average person. but pilots can blackout. And going from Postive to Negative g-forces quickly can cause major health and safelty risks
Sir John Talbot

I find the idea of traveling over 130mph on a Maurer Sohne quite frightening in all honesty :shock:.

It would be fantastic to see or even ride such an attraction though! I like their ambition in any case.
iriderides101

I have much more of a worse reason why.
Those restraints. They squeeze you to death!
This is exciting news. The plans looks like a tophat anyone know any layout ideas?
Nick

Looking at that layout, I wouldn't really expect it to just be a launch into some breaks. It would take quite a long time for the cars to return back to the station if that was the case
Kaycee

[quote=""iriderides101""]I have much more of a worse reason why.
Those restraints. They squeeze you to death!
[/quote]

[quote=""duckman, on Page 1""]As for the restraints, I think they have been modified since g-force so that they now lock in position and cannot close further when out of the station, so total crushing shouldn't be too much of a problem anymore.[/quote]

;)
Nick

That doesn't mean its actually happened
Guideline Point 12
Threads or Posts that contain only one word, link or emoticon will, at the team's discretion, be deleted.

Guideline Point 13
Please do not reply to a post just for the sake of it, please add to the discussion effectively.
Magical Ryan

Theres always one, :D
Will be pretty cool to see if they can pull this off, I shall be watching this contruction throughly,
Power Of Ten

Wow a Maurer launch to that sort of speed, id have thought it be Intamin but it will be interesting, i presume the acceleration wont be all that, but well have to wait and see.

And more importantly, the Fastest coaster in the World might being made at a race track. :o

Ill be watching this construction throughly too, looks interesting.

Oh and I cant understand the layout too well, :oops: can someone tell me roughly what it will be like.
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.
Green.Wing

http://www.screamscape.com/html/industr ... urer-Sohne

Looks like the Nurburging will not be the only to get this launch package.
John

http://www.screamscape.com/html/world_news.htm#Germany

The manufacturer now appears to be S&S, so expect a much more powerful launch.

The layout is also apparently confirmed as a low level oval without a hop hat.
Power Of Ten

Hmm S&S that sounds much better if it really will be able to do 135MPH in
2.5 seconds that will be amazing hammering kingda Ka's record in (in acceleration and "top" speed)

A rather boring/uninspiring layout just launched up one way, and loosing speed down the other side until you hit the breaks, and then you have to get to the station which looks a long task.

Brilliant idea putting the launch straight parallel to the racetrack though what brilliant opportunies for Top Gear and other car programs also a brilliant opportunity for a very "public grabbing" opening to

"come see the worlds fastest coaster against the worlds fastest car which one can get down our track the quickest?"
or something like that :P
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.
Mankey

135mph in 2.5 seconds?! god it gets worse for me :lol:

i'm not touching that with a barge pole!!

Man... does that beat Dodonpa's acceleration record? (106.9 mph in 1.8 seconds) sorry... i'm bad at maths... i dont even wanna bother trying to work it out

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Vanessa Feltz

hmmm this is 'impressive' most impressive, does anyone feel like burning it? no, no nah didnt think so either, itll probably burn itself, i being 17 then WOOO!!!!!! will be going as will some of you lot i guess :?
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Dunny#1

Just stumbled upon this on RCDB holy c**p!!!! My two passions in life, Rolercoaster, and Formula 1, in harmoney, in the same place, and huge speeds and death defying accelearation, awesome!!!!
Power Of Ten

[quote=""Dunny#1""]Just stumbled upon this on RCDB holy c**p!!!! My two passions in life, Rolercoaster, and Formula 1, in harmoney, in the same place, and huge speeds and death defying accelearation, awesome!!!![/quote]

Perfect isn't it :P

im not even joking
popTART

well it looks like it might be better than drayton manor's G-Force ride because that ride is really rubbish.
Dunny#1

[quote=""Power Of Ten""][quote=""Dunny#1""]Just stumbled upon this on RCDB holy c**p!!!! My two passions in life, Rolercoaster, and Formula 1, in harmoney, in the same place, and huge speeds and death defying accelearation, awesome!!!![/quote]

Perfect isn't it :P

im not even joking
[/quote]
Um yeah! I wonder when it will be open, i would of thought they will try and get it open for the Formula 1 there next year, because it should be at the Ring next year, unless ADAC (The german motorsport people) are still cross with the FIA (I won't go into it!) Then i will defo head over there and ride it, mind you queues maybe sevral hours lol