Weston Super Mare- Seafront Lawns.

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Eirdy

Hi, I was in Weston yesterday and next to the wheel they were nearly finishing putting up a Reverchon Mouse. They said they have been putting it up since Wednesday but ran into some trouble, I guess it is something to do with the un-level ground as there are a lot of the Funfair Famous wooden blocks! It looks newly refurbished. Does anyone know of the owner?
Sam198

Any chance of pictures (or just a description)? I haven't heard anything about this before now, but the only machine that I can really see it being is Anderton & Rowland's Zamperla model:

Eirdy

No, its not that one. It has blue track and white supports, the cars themselves don actually have eyes nose etc on. Don't know if this helps but it is called crazy mouse and is being run by event attractions (also run the wheel). Judging by the computer system by the lift motor it looks as if it could be up to 15 years old.
Sam198

Oh, then it can only be Mellors' :P

Presumably they're setting it up there for a couple of weeks before lugging it up the M5 for Funderworld.
Eirdy

Yeah, your likely to be right, guess we'll have to wait and see. I thought Mellor's was called Cyclone. Then I suppose they are always re-theming it!
Eirdy

Went on it earlier and I asked. It is James Rogers :lol
Sam198

Rogers doesn't own a Revvy mouse though... He may be presenting it, but it's not his machine :P

The Crazy Mouse name is the only thing that didn't add up about the Mellors theory. Theirs is either Magic Mouse, Cyclone or Alpine Coaster.

My new guess is that it's Matthews & White's with a new paint scheme (or still Mellors' with new/someone else's signage).
Eirdy

Yes, it is likely Matthews & White's because the track is yellow and supports are pink, I say that because their is on small support still pink and the first piece of track that pulls you on to the lift hill is still yellow. I have just watched an onride video of it before it was painted and I am still confused about the cars, they were themed as mice then but now they look like logs, with no mousey things on at all. Matthews and Whites didn't sell it did they?
Sam198

Nope :P

M&W's machine was the one used for the Ice Mountain Coaster at last year's Winter Wonderland (on loan to Mellors as theirs was in Dubai at the time), which is why the cars were rethemed:

At the time the track seen in the picture was the only piece to have been repainted. You can see the original pink and white colour scheme inside the opening to the building/binliner.

Case solved :P

*As a bit of a side note, this was the original Caddell's Mouse before being sold to M&W, so it's nice to see it back on this stretch of coast!

http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/forum/40-all ... -the-fair/
Eirdy

Ok thanks very much, I have been confused about this all weekend!
ThrillJunkie

Look's like I found this topic a little too late :-(

To my knowledge this coaster is staying in Weston all summer. Isn't this the Mouse that was at Paignton seafront last summer?
ThrillJunkieUK
Eirdy

Yes I am sure that its staying all summer as the parking permits in the staffs cars runs until 31st october. I think it will be more popular than the Waveswinger was last year. £3 a go is allright I suppose.

I still dont understand why I was told James Rogers owned it?

As I named this topic Weston-super-mare seafront lawns we dont just have to talk about the Mouse! So... Who owns the wheel and will there be a funfair there during the Weston airshow?
ThrillJunkie

In an odd way James Rogers are running it.

Back in 2010 James started a new company called "Event Attractions Ltd" which have since run several events in and around Weston including the 2012 Winter wonderland. Back in 2013 "Event Attractions" won a bid to lease part of the Beach Lawns for 25 years in which he hoped to construct a pirate themed adventure golf course but was turned down by North Somerset Council. He has since submitted a new plan for a pirate themed adventure golf course along with a high ropes course which was granted permission but is not due to start construction until this autumn and should open in 2015. James wanted something on the site during the summer months so leased these attractions.

The Wheel is owned by a company called "The Elegant Wheel Company" who have leased the attraction to "Event Attractions Ltd" who are running it on the Beach Lawns. The lease for the wheel ends on the 05/10/2014.
ThrillJunkieUK
Eirdy

Ahh thanks! We can allways rely on Thrilljunkie!

Personally I think this mouse is very voilent on the turns and I was being slid about alot!
ThrillJunkie

LOL, Thanks smilealways

To be honest I haven't ridden it (in it's current location) yet. Might pop along tomorrow lunch time depending on the weather and give it ago. Although the last time I rode it at Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland last Christmas I wasn't too impressed.
ThrillJunkieUK
Eirdy

I wouldn't make a special trip for it! its £3!!!

I am kinda dissapointed about the golf and highropes because that means no more rides :-(
Was the Weston Winter Wonderland a one off as it didn't happen last year.
ThrillJunkie

£3 isn't bad for a Crazy Mouse coaster. I paid £5 at the Hyde Park winter wonderland and Fun City's version will cost you 5 tokens (£2.50).

I know what you mean. It is nice for us enthusiasts to have some half decent rides in our local town. I liked it a few years back during the rebuilding of the pier when they had a few rides on the car park next to the new Brewers Fayre. I believe it was "Freak Out" (KMG Afterburner) a Miami ride and something else.

The Weston Winter Wonderland was "down sized" last year as it failed to attract enough people in 2012. The original website is still online here:
http://westonwinterwonderland.com/
ThrillJunkieUK
Eirdy

Oh yeah... I suppose its not that bad now I think about it.

Sam, do you own those pictures because the same ones are also on All The Fun Of The Fair.
kemperink

smilealways wrote:
Sam, do you own those pictures because the same ones are also on All The Fun Of The Fair.
no he's nicked them :roll:
Eirdy

Just got back from Weston to see a large poster on the side of Tropicana advertising a crazy golf and high ropes thing called Pirate Adventureland and is advertised to open spring 2015. Is this the one thrilljunkie mentioned earlier and will it be built on the old trop site