Your Top Ten Coasters

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Swarm Chris

belpertramp wrote:Nemesis.

End of list!
1. Nemesis, back row right.
2. Nemesis, back row left.
3. Nemesis, front row... :lol

Doesn't Stealth end up on your list too?
belpertramp

I fully accept that my Towers Times membership will now be revoked by saying this, but I'm REALLY not a fan of that coaster!
Swarm Chris

Ah, thought your expression of wow about Stealth was a good one, obviously not :lol
belpertramp

More like shock!
Dan

belpertramp wrote:I fully accept that my Towers Times membership will now be revoked by saying this, but I'm REALLY not a fan of that coaster!
:banh@m:
belpertramp

Membership card destroyed.
:tears:
Swarm Chris

I had an 11 year gap between my first and second ride of Stealth, because of a similar reaction!

Although the last time I was at Thorpe I rode it 4 times in a row, sat in the back row each time, and it's definitely now in my top 10! :lol

Speaking of which, from a fun perspective:

1. California Screamin'
2. The Swarm
3. Nemesis
4. Big Thunder Mountain (DLP)
5. Oblivion
6. Stealth
7. Nemesis Inferno
8. Big Thunder Mountain (Tokyo Disneyland)
9. Space Mountain (Disneyland/Tokyo Disneyland)
10. The Matterhorn
Wagstaff04

Just came back from Flamingo Land, so time to change my list:

1. Nemesis
2. Oblivion
3. Mumbo Jumbo
4. Galactica
5. The Smiler
6. Kumali
7. Shockwave (Drayton Manor)
8. Th13teen
9. Rita
10. Millennium (Fantasy Island)
jlm2002

1. The Swarm
2. Rock N Roller Coaster
3. Wicker Man
4. Colossus
5. Icon
6. Galactica
7. Saw
8. Oblivion
9. Infusion
10. Space Mountain
jackf1tz

I'm sorry but INFUSION??!!!!! SAW??!!!! Do you have a body made of steel?
ThemeParkEwan

There will be some spicy opinions below....

1. Shambhala (PortAventura)
2. Furius Baco (PortAventura)
3. Wicker Man (Alton Towers)
4. The Swarm (Thorpe Park)
5. Colossus (Thorpe Park)
6. Dragon Khan (PortAventura)
7. The Smiler (Alton Towers)
8. Rita (Alton Towers)
9. Stealth (Thorpe Park)
10. Red Force (Ferrari Land)

Yep, Nemesis doesn't make my list, Colossus is in my top 5 and I prefer Rita to Stealth and Red Force  :lol
JC13

I also have unpopular opinions

1: Shambhala (PortAventura)
2: Icon (BPB)
3: Stampida (PortAventura)
4: Wicker Man(Alton Towers)
5: Rita (Alton Towers)
6: The Swarm (Thorpe Park)
7: Furius Baco (PortAventura)
8: Red Force (PortAventura)
9: Sheikra (BGT)
10: Manta (Seaworld Orlando)

Nemesis isn’t even in my top 20, I love Rita, love Stampida and really enjoy Baco
Wagstaff04

After my trip to the Towers, it’s time to update it once more:

1. Nemesis
2. Wicker Man
3. Mumbo Jumbo
4. Galactica
5. Velocity
6. Oblivion
7. Smiler
8. Kumali
9. Th13teen
10. Rita
PhNx Survivor

Guess I outta sort my list out.. sorry in advance!

1. Icon (BPB)
2. The Smiler (AT)
3. Wicker Man (AT)
4. Sheikra (Busch Gardans Orlando)
5. The Mummy (Universal Orlando)
6. Stealth (Thorpe Park)
7. Stampida (PortAventura)
8. Nemesis (Alton Towers)
9. Manta (SeaWorld Orlando)
10. RIP Ride Rocket (Universal Orlando)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Swarm Chris

Post Phantasialand update, all based on how fun I find the ride.

1. Taron
2. The Swarm
3. Black Mamba
4. Nemesis
5. Big Thunder Mountain (DLP)
6. Oblivion
7. Stealth
8. Nemesis Inferno
9. Big Thunder Mountain (Tokyo Disneyland)
10. Winjas Fear

I've removed California Screamin' as a lot of what I loved about that ride is long gone now, replaced with Jack-Jack on a Stick.

Taron is now at the top of my most fun list. The big grin I had all Sunday night, I feel will make it hard for another ride to top it. I lost count of precisely how many times I rode it over the last couple of days, other than it was definitely more than 20 times and I believe less than 30. The twists and the turns, the air time and the course it takes through the village theming, meant that it never got stale, even after 6 goes around in a row without leaving my back row seat during an ERT. It's something I could happily ride all day long.

Black Mamba for me marginally beats Nemesis for being just slightly more fun. It's certainly not as intense and the pacing doesn't match Nemesis', but the overall theming and experience just make it feel more fun for me. The queue line in itself is a mini-adventure.

Winjas Fear surprised me, as I'm really not a fan of spinning coasters. But all of the different track features this ride has, just had me laughing. My suspicion is it won't stay on my list for long though.
Luca B

Not 100% sure on the list, and late this year I am going to Energylandia, Legendia and Phantasialand, so the list is likely to change.
1- Schwur Des Karnan: Really fun and really intense. Also it has incredible theming which ties really well into the ride.
2- Fury 325: Just the speed of this is incredible, and I love all the turn. Also the airtime is surprisingly good for a B&M
3- Wildfire: I think this ride is really overrated, it is basically the drop, the zero g stall and the 90 degree outward banked turn, but after that it really tones down.
4- Twisted Cyclone: Really underrated RMC, it is really intense and relentless, the only problem is the duration. I am actually considering ranking this above Wildfire.
5- Twisted Colossus: Really fun RMC, but it does not have the relentless intensity of Twisted Cyclone, but it is still incredible. 
6- Thunderhead: This thing is intense, just relentless lateral and sudden pops of airtime, definitely much better than Wicker Man, and people say this is rough, but it really is not.
7- GhostRider: It is so hard deciding between this and Thunderhead, while this ride has the insane first drop, the great first turn and the drop out of the MCBR, it is not as relentless as Thunderhead. Also don't get me started on the back row night ride.
8- X2: I really need to re ride this coaster, when I rode it I got a front row outer seat, which is said to be the worst seat on the coaster, but I still loved it. It is just a blur, it is insanely intense. Its hard to describe, just ride it.
9- Wodan Timbur Coaster: This ride has some intense moments, but the force is not sustained. Also this ride has weak airtime but a surprisingly good drop. I found it also to be quite rough, nothing unbearable, but after a few cycles it gave me a bit of a headache. And the theming on this ride is really good.
10- Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia): I'm not the biggest fan of B&M Hypers, Silver Star is good but nothing special, Nitro is extremely boring and Intimidator is similar to Silver Star in terms of quality, but I just loved this coaster. It had some strong floater, a great helix and a few fun pops of floater.
Max

1. Eejanaika
  2. Formula Rossa
  3. Flying Aces
  4. Do-Dodonpa
  5. Nemesis
  6. Kumba
  7. Megafobia
  8. Mine Blower
  9. Chinese Fireball
  10. Fujiyama
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Swarm Chris

Post Orlando update, all based on how fun I find the ride.

1. Taron
2. Mako
3. The Swarm
4. Black Mamba
5. Nemesis
6. Big Thunder Mountain (DLP)
7. Oblivion
8. Stealth
9. Kraken
10. Expedition Everest

Mako is such a fun ride and one that even after 10 or more rides on, I never truly felt like I wasn't going to fly out of the thing.

Kraken, with no VR in sight, has a good ride throughout.

Expedition Everest didn't quite live up to what I was expecting. Front row is really fun for the view out the top of the mountain and it pulls a surprisingly high amount of force when going backwards, which got me a few times. The theming and set pieces are great, but it just felt over and done a little too quick for me.

Manta would have made the list quite high up (maybe number 3), if I enjoyed flying coasters. The pretzel loop was amazing, along with the scenery, but not enough to undo the discomfort I get from the restraints.

Hulk, whilst a fun ride, I didn't find that special. The first half is brilliant, the second half forgettable and the whole thing felt smaller than I was expecting. Add to that the hassle of metal detectors to get onto the ride and it lost a lot of fun for me.

Then another list for most painful:

1. Hollywood Rip, Ride, Stopit
2. Saw (at temperatures above 10c)
3. Colossus (rows towards the back)
4. All flying coasters
ThemeCrafter264

1. Shambhala - PortAventura
2. Wicker Man - Alton Towers
3. Stealth - Thorpe Park
4. Th13teen - Alton Towers
5. Saw: the Ride - Thorpe Park
6. Furius Baco - PortAventura
7. Oblivion - Alton Towers
8. Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe Park
9. THE SWARM - Thorpe Park
10. Dragon's Fury - Chessington
(11. Nemesis - Alton Towers)
JC13

After scarefest, here is my list that will probably stay the same until the 2019 season

1: Shambhala
2: Stampida
3: Wicker Man
4: Icon
5: Furius Baco
6: Red Force
7: Rita
8: The Swarm
9: Manta
10: Cheetah Hunt