Hansa Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Capt.Barnacles

There is an update on the coaster's homepage, it reads:

'KÄRNAN’s tower is up! Theming still has to wait, though, as the concrete must dry out for several months.

79m - that’s how high the tower is. It’s visible from afar and even more impressive from close up. It is hard to believe that a tower that high went up in just 13 ½ days. “Sliding formwork” made it possible.

Our tip: if you are somewhere in the vicinity, pay us a visit (we are open until October 26th) and have a look at KÄRNAN’s tower from up close. But beware: hold on tight to something or someone. If you look up into the sky and clouds are moving above, you may feel dizzy.

What will happen next? The engineers are busy calculating, and the next steps are being prepared. We will keep you posted. Promised!

Look forward to the official opening of KÄRNAN in the 2015 season. Theming will follow in 2016.'

They seem to be hinting that we may see footers prepared soon, but also extinguishing any worries that the tower will be an eyesore.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

They're currently in the process of constructing some stairs inside the tower.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Danny

I'm really hating the idea of this opening themeless for one year! Seems such a waste and a very strange tactic indeed, unless there's more behind it...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A selection of images from the past few days that have been added to the minisite.
Gerstlauer are now on site

The stairs that will sit adjacent to the lift hill are complete.

Supports have begun to arrive - they differ in colour to the concept images, but it may be that the track and supports inside will be black to suit the darker environment.

Lift hill motor has been delivered.

Tom

They're speeding along nicely with this, they've done an incredibly quick job of getting those stairs up!

I take it that it's getting a near vertical/vertical lift?
Alex

If it is going to be a vertical lift hill, which looks likely due to the space in the tower, wouldn't this be the highest vertical lift hill in the world?
Capt.Barnacles

It's confirmed the lift hill will be vertical yes, and I believe it will be the tallest. As for the drop, there are rumours that part of it may consist of a freefall drop similar to Th13teen or Tower of Terror, but one of the facts on the minisite states it will feature a 67 metre first drop, so I can imagine this will be a typical Gerst vertical lift hill with beyond vertical drop. If so, it'll be a first for the Infinity Coaster model.
Danny

It is confirmed that it will have a vertical drop. It also states that there will be an inversion element in the dark, so either before the lift hill or just before you return back to the station. So can't be a 'true hyper coaster' as previously mentioned.

What u don't understand is that it will be a family thrill ride. How on earth can a ride with a vertical drop be family friendly?!

EDIT: Latest update looking up the tower, they are working so quick! Slightly worried that if the tower isn't topped off and dark inside, the stairs may ruin the atmosphere for riders if they can see them beside the lift.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The tower will be topped off, but not until the lift hill is fully constructed otherwise the crane won't have access.
Danny

Also, in all concept art it shows the drop being inside the tower and exiting at the bottom, I know concepts aren't much to go by, but surely that tower isn't wide enough to fit the drop as well?
Capt.Barnacles

The tower interior is actually divided into two segments. The lift hill is in one side, and the vertical drop is housed in the other. Look at one of the photos looking up the tower from inside, there's a hole in the wall at the top for a train to pass through at the top, but instead of daylight on the other side there's more concrete. It's essentially two very tall rooms.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dan beat me to the explanation, but I'll add that it looks as though the track will twist 90 degrees during the drop to come out of the tower in the right direction.

Also, here's a a diagram of what I think the layout of the lift hill and drop will be. Red is track contained within the building (the entrance will be contained within a building not yet built), orange is the track that emerges from outside, blue show supports which I assume is what the holes are for, the yellow is where the steps are (on the closest wall to the photo) and black shows the divider wall.

[align=center]Image[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The first pieces of track have arrived, these being for the interior section, and some of the exterior supports are now on site. Some sort of support structure is also going up next to the stairs in the tower, possibly for the evacuation lift.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's a few of the latest construction photos that have been added to the minisite.

daveclarkedaveclarke

This looks to be a very interesting coaster, i'll keep an eye on this one.

Thanks for all the updates lewis!
Capt.Barnacles

Tri-rail track is now on site in the latest photos on the mini-site. I believe Gerst have started using more bolts to connect each track segment, as the connector points next to the running rails have two more holes on each connection. This may be a development in light of the bolt troubles The Smiler had, with both being 16 person capacity Infinity Coasters. The photos also reveal the final colour of the outdoor track to be green.
Alex

Post the photos across Dan!
Capt.Barnacles

Always had trouble posting photos but I can link to the page:
http://www.xn--krnan-gra.de/en/building-blog/images/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NemesisRider

It's becoming more common and I can't decide if I like the whole "Ride in (insert year), theming a year later. I mean, it seems like you will get only half a ride in one year, why not wait a little longer and have the full experience all the time...
Capt.Barnacles

Again I won't be able to post the images (I'll leave that to Lewis :P ) but I can confirm the lift hill supports are complete with the first few segments of track in place! :D