Hansa Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
ponder

I like the look of the POV. Seems to be fairly quick, smooth and with nice sections of airtime and twistiness. However, the video really does expose how ugly those supports are.
Dom

SPOILER!

The following Video contains information about inside the tower, that some users may want to avoid. It starts of at about 1 minute 50
Last edited by Tom on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link fixed! :)
Morgan

The Kärnan has a 30 meter vertical reverse freefall drop during the vertical lift.

From RCDB
Owen

It seems Gerstlauer might have been taking some ideas from the forum :lol
Capt.Barnacles

A full HD POV of Karnan has been posted on YouTube by COASTERCREW Germany, showing in clear detail the extended halt before the reverse freefall drop, and the waits. Sadly the indoor roll is cut out but otherwise this shows most of the ride.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It's not as of good quality, but this video includes the interior section at the end of the ride.

This does look like a really solid ride, which I'm sure will be even better once it receives all its theming. Although I do wonder if there's any significant impact on throughput with the freefall drop on the lift taking quite a while.
Benji

Overall this ride looks amazing, however I can't help but feel that the freefall drop is absolutely pointless. It looks like a complete waste of time and money..
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Benji wrote:Overall this ride looks amazing, however I can't help but feel that the freefall drop is absolutely pointless. It looks like a complete waste of time and money..
I expect that there'll be a bit more to it once the theming and story is added next year.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Over the past few days, Hansa Park have started progress on adding all of Karnan's theming, as shown in these few images from the minisite.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's the latest progress on the theming, shown in photos from the minisite.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]

Hansa Park have today also uploaded Episode 1 of KÄRNAN - Museum TV, which will provide an insight into the ride's backstory, citing, I believe, on genuine history of the original tower.
With the launch of the family thrill ride “The Oath of KÄRNAN” in 2015 HANSA-PARK made roller coaster history: Emerging from a 79m-high tower after a 67m first drop this hypercoaster speeds up to127 km/h on the 1,235m-long track. The reverse free fall from over 60m in the KÄRNAN tower is unique worldwide. The story behind the tower, which will be staged in the course of the 2016 season, will reveal what the spell is all about.

But who or what is the story about? What of the story is true? And what is legend? Is there really a spell? KÄRNAN Museum TV will explore these questions and report back from time to time. Stay tuned...
Max

Here is a POV showing the indoor roll at the end of the ride.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The second episode of KÄRNAN - Museum TV is now online. There's also been some progress on the ride's theming, shown in these images from the minisite.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
Capt.Barnacles

There's currently a rumour circulating that Hansa Park have acknowledged that the theming will not be complete for the beginning of their season. Unfortunate if true but just means I can confidently wait a little longer to experience this awesome coaster myself :P
Capt.Barnacles

Hansa Park have recently confirmed on social media along with advertisements in the park that multiple things will make a feature this year:

1. The theming on Karnan's tower building will be complete for the start of the 2017 season.
2. The reverse freefall drop on the lift will get even more insane, dropping further!
3. A new Gerstlauer Sky Fly will be built under the name 'Karnapulten' for this season.

I'm excited about these developments! :)

MakoMania

Gerst Sky Fly is a terrible queue mover but a fun ride so I'm torn. Karnan is looking great though, will have to get out there one day!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Nickolai

The Karnan theming completion looks great! Looking from a distance, previously it looked like it would fit in at an American park, now it looks European standard!
Formally Smiler313
Dom

According to Parkerlebnis, Hansa Park are getting a new big addition to the park in 2019 with an announcement due on the 17th August. CSLKennyNI on Coasterforce has alsoo posted this image:

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Hansa Park have today revealed that they will open the world's tallest and fastest gyro-drop tower in 2019 - Highlander. It will be added to a newly-themed area which has a name that translates to 'Enchanting Britain' and will incorporate the existing Nessie rollercoaster.

The announcement video has been uploaded to YouTube, and there's an article on Parkerlebnis with a few more details and concept images.

[/center]
JC13

This looks absolutely insane. I’ve never done a gyro-drop so I don’t know if these are supposed to be forceful. It says “the seats tilt” at the end of the video, so looks like this could be very intimidating for the public
Chris
Admin
Admin

Wow, that's nearly 400ft. Only the Intamin towers attached to Kingda Ka and Superman top that.