Funderworld

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Gashead

Funderworld is back in Bristol this week :D

3 new rides, "A beautiful Carousel ride, a high flying chair-o-plane and The High Roller" £10.99 to get in, thats for 4 hours though, which is'nt too bad conisidering the ques arnt that bad and it was £1.50/£2 in bath fair yesterday so really you only need about 7 rides to get you money back which is fairly easy. Should be heading in on Friday for the 6-10 session so fingers crossed it wont be that packed.

Other Dates
Bristol - 5th to 18th April
Bournemouth - 10th August - 2nd September
Colchester - 7th September to 23rd September
Matt 125

Yay, it's coming back for the summer near me again! Funny how they now call themselves 'Funderworld Theme Park'. I don't see any themes :P .

Oh and I'm sure the price keeps creeping up and up! But have fun Craig!

Matt :D
Gashead

Aprently their the same as last years. I hope i have fun :lol:
Shent

Looks wank
......The one and only... :sus:
Kaycee

It was really good two years ago, I think they've lost a couple of rides since... but I shall be there also if I don't go to Thorpe Park, so shall be interesting!
Gashead

Nope all the main ones are still there 8)
Gashead

Well i went last night and it was a fairly good night. Was absolutly packed and was basically a chav magnet :lol:

Some great rides there and the view over Bristol at dusk from the top of Big Ben was brilliant. They closed the Big Roller (Samuri) que line just as we were going to walk in and we were gutted as we saved the best till last, but the bloke in the control booth let us through. Had the most intense ride on it, being last ride of the day the bloke was taking the piss and it was going rather mental, got a thumping headache when i got off :lol:

Got on about 11 rides overall which was'nt bad for the £11 entry.
Chris-TT

I went on the bank hol Monday morning (the only 10-2 session) and it was absolutely dead! Defiantly the right time to go! Didn’t have to queue for anything and most rides were less than half full. Only downside was there was no entertainment in the morning session. Impressed, but still nowhere near as good as some of the German/Belgium fairs.
xtraterrestrial

Funderworld, the only travelling theme park in the UK, is in Bournemouth over the summer and is holding a special 'Pink Day' in association with Gay Guide Bournemouth on Sunday 2nd September.

Kings Park will be home to the UK’s biggest mobile thrill rides including the Space Roller, the massive Magic Mouse roller coaster, the Wild River Rapids and the breathtaking Big Ben drop tower.

The day starts at 2pm and goes on into the night featuring an amazing live show from Culture Dub headed by the awesome Silvio. Funderworld is fully licensed and will be serving alcohol throughout the day and night in the large beer marquee. The Zone said of Culture Dub "transcends the ‘Tribute’ genre in an astonishing tour de force proving that the inspired parody of Silvio’s glittering depiction actually adds layers of outrageous camp cabaret to what Boy George & Culture Club might have become had they managed to defy the ravages of time, egos, garbage collection and the well-documented excesses of the last century.

Entry is £19.99 (less for young people and children - size dependant) and includes:

- Entry from 2pm-10pm - that's 8 hours of partying
- Unlimited access to all rides in Funderworld (height restrictions apply)
- 2 live shows from Silvio and other top acts
- A glass of Pink Bubbly on the house
- A chance to end the summer in style

The competition to win FREE tickets is now closed, good luck to everyone that took part, all the winners will be contacted today!

If you're not a winner but would still like to go, tickets can be purchased here, for a 10% discount enter the promotional code Bournemouth

I will be at the event taking photos for Gay Guide Bournemouth and ThemeParks-UK so see you all there!
www.ThemeParks-UK.com - your guide to the top 5!
jordi20012002

What rides do they have
xtraterrestrial

[quote=""jordi20012002""]What rides do they have[/quote]

Take look at www.funderworld.com

There's a spinning coaster, river rapids, tower drop, various flats, dark rides etc
www.ThemeParks-UK.com - your guide to the top 5!
Matt 125

I went there two years ago and it was very good. It has been running since the 10th August till the 1st September in Kings Park, Bournemouth and me and my friends were gonna go but we didn't find the time for it in the end.

They have a Top Scan there now which is apparently very good.

:D
ThrillJunkie

As mentioned in another topic Funderworld will return to Bristol this easter (which seems to be Funderworlds only date this year :cry:)

Can anybody confirm the attractions it will feature this year as it has been mentioned that a lot of the normal attractions will be unavailable to return to Funderworld this year.
ThrillJunkieUK
evil cod

From the poster I would say expect at a minimum:

Big Ben tower ride
Space Roller topscan
Jump and Smile
Magic Mouse coaster
Portable Log Flume
KMG move it

I would NOT expect there to be a travelling rapids like last year.
ThrillJunkie

Portable Log Flume?

That has not been travelling with FunderWorld before has it? I know the rapids are on loan for the season so that won't be returning but Log Flume?

Would this be the same make/model as the one in West Midland Safari park?

So which rides were sold off then?
ThrillJunkieUK
Anonymous

Log flume wont be there. There has always been a rivalry between Wilsons (logflume) and Mellors.

River Rapids are are lightwater valley for the season.

Space Roller is long gone. Sold to Switzerland earlier this year. There will be the return of Frisbee though which Mellors used to own.
AdamJ

I highly doubt the original Move It (32 seat version) will be there, as Ayers hardly bother traveling it! It could be Elliot Bibby's 24 seat version though...

Rumours are the Top Scan will more or less be the long awaited return of Top Buzz 2
Adz
Admin
Admin

From my understanding there will be no Topscan at Funderland this year.

I might be wrong, but I think that Topbuzz 2 has other commitments...

Funderland itself is said to be winding down now anyway.
ThrillJunkie

This could be a very poor year for FunderWorld then. Could this be there last?

Possible Attractions:
Big Ben
Jump and Smile
Magic Mouse
Remix
Vertical Limits

Missing attractions:
River Rapids
Move it 32
Space Roller

If this is there line up for this year i may think twice about visiting this year :shock:
ThrillJunkieUK
AdamJ

[quote=""ThrillJunkie""]Possible Attractions:
Big Ben
Jump and Smile
Magic Mouse
Remix
Vertical Limits[/quote]

You can add Wallis's Frisbee to that list. I think, also, the "Remix" attending could well be Parrish's, but I could be wrong..