Funderworld

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
beskins123

rides sould be attending but not confirmed
vertical limits
frisbee
tango
big ben
remix
jump & smile
magic mouse
log flume
waltzer
suberbob/matterhorn
megaspin
dodgems
simulator
funhouse
speed flip
booster
move it wont be attending has gary evans is trying to buy it from ayers and top buzz 2 is at a fair up scotland
danny tranny
AdamJ

[quote=""Fun Fair Website""]Main Attractions:

Magic Mouse Spinning Coaster - James Mellors
Big Ben Drop Tower - James Mellors
Dodgems - James Rogers and Sons
High Roller - James Rogers and Sons
Jump and Smile Frogs - James Rogers and Sons
Super Waltzer - Bert Holland
Dragon Roller Coaster - Bert Holland
Chill Out Miami - Bert Holland
Frisbee - David Wallis Jrn.
Vertical Limits - John Wesseldine
Tango - Perrin Matthews
Remix Orbiter - John Gill
TriStar - Henry Wilson
Ghost Train - Spencer Hall

Supporting attractions included good range of juveniles including Hollands Disney Juvenile and a Pony Express, Crazy Golf, Big Boot Fun House, Radio Controlled Boats and the central Food Court and Bar with live entertainment.[/quote]

There we go, a full line-up, and to me, it sounds really good!
ThrillJunkie

Thanks for that Adzy line up for this year sounds good, much better than last year. Well I'm planning to head up to Bristol to visit the attraction Tuesday (weather permitting).

Looking forwards to riding Tango as I've seen it at a few fairs but wouldn't pay 6 quid ago so hopefully i will get my chance. I love the smaller KMG versions so this should be even better. Also looking forwards to High Roller, Frisbee and Vertical Limits. Shame about the lack of Move It 32 (amazing ride) and the rapids but you win some, you lose some.

Looking forwards to it will try to remember to grab some pictures and write a report about the visit.

---- Post Info Added ----

As promised Park Review here:
[url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 14#p452614" target="_blank]viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23635&p=452614#p452614[/url]
ThrillJunkieUK
DeanGaryCox

So after Funderworld setting up at Bristol every Easter half term for 2 weeks for the past years, to hear nothing this year, they've finally released that they will be at Birstol in the May Half term 23rd May - 1st June.

Funderworld is apparently the nations favourite travelling theme park, and admittedly does have lots of rides, especially a runaway mine train that's like 2 or 3 times the size of flying fish / scorpion express; I'm personally not sure where else Funderworld visits though?
lf2001

Looking on the website it looks like it's only in Bristol. I've never seen it anywhere before so it probably is just there.
DeanGaryCox

How can they class themselves as the nations favourite travelling theme park :P
lf2001

DeanGaryCox wrote:How can they class themselves as the nations favourite travelling theme park :P
And from what I've seen and heard of so far, it's only in Bristol. So much for travelling theme park.
ThrillJunkie

Amazing. Thanks for your post.

I've been keeping an eye on the FunderWorld website for the last few months and had thought that the event has been cancelled this year after no updates. I've been to every FunderWorld held on the Bristol Downs so will definitely be going to this event.

As for the traveling "Theme Park" when this event was first setup it visited a few major city's throughout the year including Bristol and Bournemouth but as far as I'm aware Bristol is the only one still going. I guess they can still call it a travelling theme park as technically all the rides do travel (just not together).

I guess if it's the ONLY travelling UK theme Park it has to be the nations favorite.
ThrillJunkieUK
DeanGaryCox

I LOVE funderworld, think I've been the last 4 years, and literally was gutted as there was no news, at least its coming back in a different half term, even if its only for a week! To be honest I don't know why I care about questioning where else it visits as, as long as if it's in Bristol, I'm happy :P

I just think, for a fairground, its great value for money and has a real decent set of rides... Just come home feeling so unbelievably sick after minimal queues and getting on so many spinning rides it's ridiculous haha!
Eirdy

To be honest i have never been to funderworld but will probably go this year. Am i right in saying these are mellors rides? If so will starflyer be there? Dont laugh at me because i have honestly forgotten: Do mellors still own the Space Roller topscan?! Regarding the travelling theme park stuff, you can usually find mellors rides at The Hoppings.
Sam198

The event is organised by Mellors, but is attended by various showmen.

Mellors' own starflyer has never attended, but Elliot Deakin's did last year (I think it was his first ground with it?). The Space Roller Topscan was sold off to Europe in 2009, but Crow's Top Buzz 2 has attended the event for years now. Other notable past (non-Mellors) attendees include Perrin Matthews Tango and White's Speed Buzz KMG bomber (last attended 2012).

Mellors always tend to bring their Mine Train and Reverchon Mouse (under various guises), both of which have spent the winter in the Middle East, hence the postponed event this year. :)
Eirdy

Sam, I like how you just put Reverchon Mouse! I would of done the same because they love retheming it and you never know its name!
Sam198

Completely overlooked this at first, but there's a site map featuring all attendees (as always subject to change) published on the website:

Notable machines:

Rogers' Freddy's Revenge Matterhorn
Joe White's Freak Out and Speed Buzz KMG Bomber
(Presumably) Crow's Waltzer and Top Buzz Top Scan (Yay)
Holland's Chill Out Miami
Mellors' Mine Train and Mouse
A bunch of other generic rides and attractions

Looks like more of a return to the Funderworld of previous years, losing Matthews' Tango and Deakin's Starflyer from last year, and seeing the return of Joe White with his two KMG machines :)
Sam198

Double post, but it's a tad relevant:

Really not sure what to expect now, but I'll be popping up to the Downs every now and then over the next couple of weeks for the pull-on, so I'll be sure to report back on what's attending. :P
ThrillJunkie

Thanks for posting Sam.

Sad News. I don't think I'll bother this year then (unless something really rare turns up). Do we know what rides went over to Dubai for this event?

I'll keep an eye out for your updates Sam.
ThrillJunkieUK
Eirdy

Oh, thats a tad rubbish!
But I am confused, can someone explain what happened as I am confused about what they mean by " Infastructere"
kemperink

its not worth shipping the rides back when they are open again in a few months in Dubai
jackcullen

Well no they were coming back however they've come accross some delays over there, from what I gather most rides are only just back on the boat home!
Sam198

Just had a quick nose around. Nothing whatsoever pulled on yet, but Holland's dodgems are parked up on Saville Road
Sam198

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get up there as much as I might have liked since Saturday, although a quick drive-by this afternoon revealed the following notable machines:

Mellors' Starflyer
Graham Sedgwick's Super Spin (KMG Experience)
Graham Sedgwick's Rock Rage (KMG Inversion)
Gary Evans' Extreme
Bertie Holland's Xtreme (KMG Booster)
Morris' Slingshot
Matthews' Tango

Naturally there's a bunch of other generic stuff that I didn't have time/bother to identify besides Holland's Miami.