PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
DeadJack5

Hi, I'm going soon and having a 3 day pass (2 day at park, 1 day aqua) I wanna know if I'll be able to ride the ride, I've said it before but I'm so eager to go this ride, it looks amazing. I'm a medium sized lad I guess, dou recon I'll be able to get on
hawkeye

Deadjack5 wrote: Hi, I'm going soon and having a 3 day pass (2 day at park, 1 day aqua) I wanna know if I'll be able to ride the ride, I've said it before but I'm so eager to go this ride, it looks amazing. I'm a medium sized lad I guess, dou recon I'll be able to get on
Hi deadjack5 im not the smallest person but i get on all the rides at PortAvetura including Shambhala all i would say is that if you have fat legs the ride hosts will have to push the harness down. On a side note Shambhala is the best ride i have ever been on did it about 70 times the week i was there  :lol:
DeadJack5

im back and i did get on the ride :D i thought it was good and enjoyed it.

disappointed in the park though, not what i expected.

4 rides in 6 hours

2 hours for shambhala.

waterpark in my opinion was better :)

thorpe park is the best :D
Starry14

Went here last week. Shambhala looked amazing but the two and a half hour queue did not.. ended up giving it a miss!

To anyone who's planning on going soon, we stayed at the Salauris Palace. Really nice hotel and it's certainly walkable to Portaventura... or there's the small train that stops right outside of the hotel (good for taking when leaving the park).
Starlight expresser

hey, going here in october, hope the que's arnt as bad when i go :( x
Rollercoasters4Life

Deadjack5 wrote: im back and i did get on the ride :D i thought it was good and enjoyed it.

disappointed in the park though, not what i expected.

4 rides in 6 hours

2 hours for shambhala.

waterpark in my opinion was better :)

thorpe park is the best :D
The queues in summer are horrific but that cannot really be helped. It's obviously going to be a little worse in a country that is guaranteed sun, like Salou as its the tourist season along with school break ups. I wouldn't let the queues get you down to much, just go back at a time that is less quiet - It's a fantastic park, and I went this last May (been three times previous) and this was a great time to go. Either that or October is great with the Halloween event.
Starlight expresser wrote: hey, going here in october, hope the que's arnt as bad when i go :( x
The queues will be about 45 minutes to and hour and half somedays in October I would of thought. Last time I went in October was in 2009 and the queues weren't all that bad. Some days it was hardly any queues and other days (like weekends) the times were anywhere between 20 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes depending on the ride. Hope you have a great time.  :D
Starlight expresser

hey, i got a major problem but not sure how major it is? My mate has booked our portaventura break, but he has booked to go from stanstead to Girona (Barcelona), i heard the better airports are actual Barcelona itself and reus? Apparrently though its not as bad as we thought as theres a train station at this aiport that takes us to portaventura, please if anyone has any warnings or tips i would like to know cheers.
Also does Portaventura produce a planning/promotional dvd with a brochure like disney do?

cheers guys

Andy
jackgcse

Midweek October queues are less than 30 minutes for everything! Weekends of October you are looking at anything from an hour to 3 hours!!
Although it is busy in summer, I do like it then, the shows, the atmosphere and weather make it lovely! Although yeah the queues can be insane, but it is Port Aventura, one of the best theme parks in Europe, if not the best!
Although in Summer you really do need the 14 day ticket, it gives you a chance to go in some days and some days only go in for the evening, last time I did summer, we did a few days in the park and then on a few days we wanted to watch some half good entertainment and not the hotels, so we just went down to Port Aventura and did a load of the shows! It was fantastic! 
SwEDEN

Don't know if this has been covered yet, my apologies if it has but I love the Shambhala theme by PA.

Was just listening to it now, and thought I would post it here assuming it hasn't been covered yet! The only thing is I think PA should try a partly instrumental version with only the music and the guy saying 'Shambhala', that would complete it.

Anyway here is the link:
jackgcse

Its not Port Aventura's finest of Music pieces, although I am rating them very highly, because of there previous ventures! to go off topic, I love Music Generation for there new 2012 show!
But yeah, they could have done better with the music for such a beast of a ride! ;)
mike.dutton

Visited PA on Sat 11th August, arriving at 3pm. Having been previously in July & August I was expecting horrendous queues and therefore purchased the Express Premium Ticket at €46 as soon as I entered. I was amazed when I got in the park to discover most of the attractions had only 15-30 minute queues – including Shambhala and Dragon Khan! I stayed until around 10.30pm and when I left Dragon Khan was walk on. The only mega queue was the flume, peaking around 90mins at one point. Still can’t understand why the queues were as quiet as the park itself was fairly busy.
jackgcse

This is the making of the Furius Baco Pre Show! Its alright! Have a look!! ;) Sorry its not in the right area!
It also has almost the exact perfect queue line audio too!
Chaz

^I never quite realise how much effort goes into the smallest of things!

Also, less than one month 'til my trip to PortAventura :)
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Deleted

Seems like the Intamin ride is now closed due to restraint snapping. Maybe this could cause rides with a similar restraint like Rita and Stealth to be closed for further checks?

Source: Screamscape
The Moon

Heck, those restraints are safe even without the silly rubber flaps. I wouldn't worry.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
jackgcse

Wow that's an extreme fault! Those restraints obviously have not been replaced in a while!!! God, that's a nasty fault!
MattsDesigns

Is that not just the foam covering?
You would always have a certain amount of this to make restraints comfortable.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
JaykeAT

Hey guys,just wondering,as portaventura is open in winter from 22nd December (my birthday!) to January what rides are open as I might be around there for Christmas. Thanks in advance
owenrita121

I know that Navidad event is on this year and the dates are from the 17th of December to the 6th of January.
Rides open will be, all the rides in Sesamo Adventura, Tomahawk, maybe Stampidia, Khan, Shambhala and Baco, some random rides in Mexico, China and far west and I would think that there would be some shows on.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
SamSimkin

Ok, so I'm going to Barcelona with school, do you think that I should go on this? Is it a good experince? Scary? Thanks
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION