Lightwater Valley

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Lightwater valley rules

A water ride would be cool. But i doubt it would happen. I can see 2 flats coming next year or maybe a rollercoaster. Only time will tell though.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
Air Resistance

Pff, Grizzly bear has got to be one of the worst things that happened to LWV this millenium. Get rid or move some were else.....
Last edited by Air Resistance on Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendo Revolution is gonna rule all!

Pic of Rev coming as soon as I figure out how
Lightwater valley rules

Yeah true but we did get the Twister rollercoaster and depite it having a tragic diaster just after opening its a great ride.Yeah the 2003 season was a complete failer if you ask me. The batflyer and beaver left the park to of the main attractions of that time. But 2004 things were looking up again as the Eagles claw entered the parks ride range. 2005 nothing much has really happened the orbitor was replaced by an equally good attraction. We can only wait to see how the 2006 season unfolds. I personally think it will be a good season as they had little expendese in 2005. They might be getting some thing big. Probuly a high capacity flat in the enterance area? any ideas?
Air Resistance

More Flat rides and getting rid of GB and/or Ladybird is what im hoping for.

Lightwater valley rules

Yeah but if they got rid of any of them rides theyw ould replace them with a coaster. Thwy shouldnt be removing rides and putting rides in there place. They should build them else where.
ukool

i liked that grizzly bear ride, its more of a kiddie coaster and my brother loved it
Anonymous

I never went on the grizzly bear because when I went on it last summer it was just one cart with a massive que! Have not been this year as their is no real incentive hope next year is better though!
Lightwater valley rules

Well at lightwater valley there is no telling if they get anything really good new. As they dont realse the news until the last min. I can see a good ride coming next year well i hope.
ukool

has any one been on that octopus ride that was new for this year, that is allright but not amazing
Lightwater valley rules

Yeah i have been on it and i supose it was ok. I have some new infomation though. I was discussing with Stu over on www.urbanmonsters.com and aparently the octopus was lent to LWV because the atraction they planned to build wasnt ready at the time of opening.

Plus the toad hole will be suposidly leaving the park after over 20 years of service. Im off to ride it on the last day of opening (30th october) It will be sad to see this old favorite to leave the park. So with the toad hole leaving that will mean another ride coming to the valley.

Does anyone know what will be coming for 2006 where the octopus is??? I think its something big.
evil cod

Im still putting my bets on the rumoured topple tower for the enterence plaza
Air Resistance

I highly doubt thats coming. It wouldn't be big enough space. I want a decent Twizler there.

Lightwater valley rules

A topple tower would fit Easily. It would be so cool if it was built. I can just imagine walking into the gates and that been there. Amazing... I bet its themed as a bird and called the wood pecker or something like that.

Any chances of a drop tower there anyone think???? Plus what is a twizler air resistance???
Lightwater valley rules

Went to lightwater valley on the 29th of october, which was lightwater valleys 10th anual firework display. The parks was extreamly busy! The main carpark was full and two overflow carparks were in operation. There must have been 15,000 + visitors to the park.

Overall the park looked very good. Most the park was strung up with lights and most the rides were opearting in the dark. Cant wait to see what happens in 2006. Hopefully we will see this topple tower in 2006!
Dee4leeds

Right I have doing this for abit, its not great, and things are out of proportion, anyway besides that here it is

towersdude

in the year 'trauma' tower opened we went on and asked to be dropped from the top - the ride op said that they couldn't since they used to but a woman complained that it was too scary for its height restrictions.

she then said that this was only a temporary ride which was to be replaced with a launched freefall tower with a higher height restricion named the same thing

i hope that happens - it would be good to see a new decent integrated ride at LWV as most of the rides are travelling ones which look a little shabby
Lightwater valley rules

Yeah ive heard that rumor before. Its been circulating for quite some time now. I think that this launched freefall will be coming some time soon. No one actually knows what is coming for 2006. Or what is happening. For all we know the free fall and a topple tower will turn up next season. It is possible! They didnt spend much on attractions for 2005 so they should have a bit of money saved up!

If this is the case the only way is up. The 2006 is looking up for lightwater now.
Air Resistance

[quote=""Lightwater valley rules""]Yeah ive heard that rumor before. Its been circulating for quite some time now. I think that this launched freefall will be coming some time soon. No one actually knows what is coming for 2006. Or what is happening. For all we know the free fall and a topple tower will turn up next season. It is possible! They didnt spend much on attractions for 2005 so they should have a bit of money saved up!

If this is the case the only way is up. The 2006 is looking up for lightwater now.[/quote]Eagles Claw?

Lightwater valley rules

Well eagles claw was 2 years ago nearly. I think next year will be a multi ride building season. I can see two Jaw Droppers joining the rides line up next year and maybe a whipper snapper.

The two jaw droppers im putting my money on (literally air resistance :wink: ) are a topple tower in place of the octopus. And a large freefall tower in place of Trauma tower. And i think a rocking tug or some ride of similar size will apear at the park next year.

If this does happen i think lightwaters popularity will go sky high. And it might even be able to compete with flamingo land.
Air Resistance

[quote=""Lightwater valley rules""]Well eagles claw was 2 years ago nearly. I think next year will be a multi ride building season. I can see two Jaw Droppers joining the rides line up next year and maybe a whipper snapper.

The two jaw droppers im putting my money on (literally air resistance :wink: ) are a topple tower in place of the octopus. And a large freefall tower in place of Trauma tower. And i think a rocking tug or some ride of similar size will apear at the park next year.

If this does happen i think lightwaters popularity will go sky high. And it might even be able to compete with flamingo land.[/quote]They must be doing something with the profit. Hopefully something on a major scale :)