Lightwater Valley

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Nathan

They will be available from Saturday, not pre-releasing them so i've heard. However, the 2007 brochure is available and can be viewed at the link below...

http://www.valleymaniaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=309

The quality is abit poor though.
X

Thanks, i've got a park brochure already too.

Do you think there will be a new map, or just the same with 5 new coloured circles to show the new rides, etc?

I hope it's a brand new look!
Nathan

Personally, i can see a whole new style of map arriving. They usually just place blue circles and name them for new rides but they can't keep doing that - which would suggest a new style map.

Also, they have never kept the park map hidden this long so something must be happening. I would think it is, the park are striving to improve apperance this year.
X

[quote=""Mackem Lad""]Personally, i can see a whole new style of map arriving. They usually just place blue circles and name them for new rides but they can't keep doing that - which would suggest a new style map.

Also, they have never kept the park map hidden this long so something must be happening. I would think it is, the park are striving to improve apperance this year.
[/quote]

Hopefully that will happen :D
X

Anyone got any pics of the new rides or map? :?
Nathan

They will be up later tonight.
Nathan

Early reports and photos can be found below.....

Valley Mania Forums
X

[quote=""Mackem Lad""]They will be up later tonight.[/quote]

Is that on here or Valleymania?
evil cod

that link in the post above yours has pictures of the new rides, new map will be coming asap!
Shent

Cool pictures, look like my local fun fair though :lol:
......The one and only... :sus:
X

So is the map completely different this year, if so what is it like? Do you know when pics of it will be on the net?
Nathan

I can confirm the map is a whole new style of design, not the previous since around 2001.

I will post a link off it as soon as i get it sent and uploaded! :D

Also, quick note. I received word today that LWV has a great addition coming next year, hence the early signs, and it will surprise a lot of people. However, i don't know what the ride is but thats what i have been told by a very very realiable source. The park has numerous plans but of the same ride concept. The source said - 'it is as good if not better than the ultimate.'
Nathan

X

[quote=""Mackem Lad""]I can confirm the map is a whole new style of design, not the previous since around 2001.

I will post a link off it as soon as i get it sent and uploaded! :D

Also, quick note. I received word today that LWV has a great addition coming next year, hence the early signs, and it will surprise a lot of people. However, i don't know what the ride is but thats what i have been told by a very very realiable source. The park has numerous plans but of the same ride concept. The source said - 'it is as good if not better than the ultimate.'
[/quote]

Do you have an idea of what the new ride could be? Sounds good! :D
NemmyLover

Nice Map!
A big improvement, very nice indeed!
Could LWV be going for another record breaker? Longest or something. Ultimate ranks in my top 5 coasters in the uk! So what it may be a bit rough but its amazing with its roughness adds to the querky (sp?) ness of the ride
Johno

What is this park like for families?

I was looking on its website and it seemed to be very varied and a bit more family/young thrill seeker than Alton.

Cheers,

Johno
evil cod

If you want more information, I hear they have a very good unofficial site, ehm I think the address is www.valleymania.co.uk.

Which I also hear is undergoing a rehaul very soon.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :wink:
Coaster Neil

If you haven't been before you would probably like it, although the park seems to have been going down hill for a while. Rides from the nineties such as the Ultimate, Sewer Rat and the Wave are great, but I think it's lost it's way somewhat. The tragic accident on the Tree Tops Twister may have led to a decrease in attendance, but to be honest I think the main problem is poor management.

They do seem to have invested a reasonable ammount compared to that which American Adventure saw in its final years, however I do not believe money has always been spent particularly wisely.
amylovesaltontowers

[quote=""Neil""] The tragic accident on the Tree Tops Twister may have led to a decrease in attendance[/quote]

Can you give some details of this for me please?

Amy X
:D
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
Mankey

Two cars collided due to faulty wiring (correct me if im wrong) costing a young girl her life.

2001 i think it was

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!