Lightwater Valley

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Lightwater valley rules

Or the missile could have being sold to them from AA. Could happen... :lol:

But i think its most propbuly topple tower and i belive it will be a uk first.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
Lord_of_Oblivion

What is going on with the Lightwater Valley website right now?

For the past few months at least its said "New site coming soon!"#
How long does it take to create a new site?

Anyone know what "The Octopus" is?

I think selling the orbiter to M&Ds was probably the best thing Lightwater Valley has done since building The Ultimate- it was the worst chairoplane ride thingy ever! Even the Ug Swinger has it beaten!

I've not been in a few years, in general, is the park improving or what?
When i was there it looked like a young park in need of much investment.
Go on!- Visit www.hoticearena.piczo.com for all you Hot Ice enquiries and curiosities. I need to keep the numbers up. Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on.... GO ON!

buggy

depends how big the site is, my site took 6 months :)

and they sold it to loudon castle, not M&Ds... would look better in loudon castle anyway :P
Lightwater valley rules

Cant help you with the site thing. The park is improving slightly but not much. The best thing they had built recently was the eagles claw. And the next thing coming is suposed to be a topple tower. If they did get that it would improve there popularity considadabuly.
Air Resistance

A have big hope for the site :)

As for the park, there has been a few ups and downs over the last couple of years.

Got rid of...
-Beaver Rapids
-Orbitor
-Viper
-Batflyer

Got...
-Octopus
-Eagles Claw
-Trauma Tower
-Catapilla
-The Grizzly Bear
Nintendo Revolution is gonna rule all!

Pic of Rev coming as soon as I figure out how
Lightwater valley rules

Eagles claw is far best the best ride in recent years to the park. And not forgetting the Twister. I recon the next ride to go will be Mexican hat and The octopus.
Air Resistance

I doubt it will. I don't thinks its LWV's style. :)

Nemesis8ofRita

Does anyone here know if the Vortex at TP is bigger than The Eagles Claw at LWV? Or are they just the same?
Lightwater valley rules

I think that thorpes is bigger but the Eagles claw can swing higher because it has a lower capacity.

And Air Restistance hows it not there style?
Its a family ride their a family theme park. The ride would fit in nicely i think.
Anonymous

Lightwater Valley topic merged with...Lightwater Valley topic (existing). :D Tarrr.

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

Lightwater Valley site back up and running!

Looked at the rates of pay, do they comply with minimum wage?
Anonymous

Depends what they are...£3 is MW for 16/17 year olds, £4:10 once you're 18 and once you're 21, it's £4:85 I think.

EDIT: Errr, just checked and as £3:30 for 16/17year olds, that is above minimum wage...however, £3:90 and £4:50 for 18-21year olds and 21+ respectively...that's not. Therefore, the latter two rates of pay are illegal...:-?

:twisted: :P
Lightwater valley rules

I went to the park last friday with my school. At the park when i went they were aprox 1000 people. We had aparently got off easy as there was 10,000 people at the park on Thursday.

Even though the park had not improved much in ride terms i had noticed a large number of changes around the park. They had removed all there tatty signs saying where the rides are. And replaced them with blue and gold sign posts.

A large number of rides had been refurbished or repainted. The Black Widows Web had been redone and all the lights where working as well. Mexican hat has been painted bright yellow. And the wave inner carrage had been totally refurbished with new seats and a repaint. Parts of the Ultimate had also been redone such as the track comming towards the end of the station.

The only problem that the rides have at the moment is that The Eagles Claw is experiancing serious down time. I talked to the mechanic and he said that they bought it brand new last year and it is already experiancing teething problems.

Overall i think the park is improving but it despretly needs a new ride to boast the parks popularity.

Lol i was wondering about that pay on the website too.
Anonymous

Thats what i thought about minimum wage. Can they get prosecuted?
Lightwater valley rules

I dont think they can be prosacuted or the wages wouldnt be so low.
Lightwater valley rules

This is a plan me and air resistance have made. We want the retheming of the eagles claw. And generally more theming arond the park.

The folling rides we have removed from the map:- Ladybird and The octopus.

We have put in the folling rides:- yellow= A double inverter made by Chance rides. We need more rides like this in the park. We decided to call it "The Juggler" themed with cards and so on.

Black= A disk'o ride. We think it goes well with the park because it is a family thriller. We decidied to call it "Blade" have it themed as a circular blade. And have haunted themeing just like the old days of lwv.

Big blue circle = topple tower go well with the park again beacause of its family ride propertys. Called the "Plelican" and not really themed as such just alot of brick work leading up to a raised platform.

Thats our plan so tell us what you think!!!
:D
Lightwater valley rules

Just heard a whole new lot of rumors about LWV 2006 season.

The toad hole will be removed

The wave is to relocated

A new rollercoaster

Well the rumor of the toad hole removal night be true but would create a ugly space where it once stood. The wave removal i think is true as it does attract little atension where it is stood. Plus i hope when they relocate it they theme it properly! They have lots of space to put it but i cant think of a suitable one. Maybe where the ladybird is but i dont know. But then you loose its exellent location above the waterfall. The rollercoaster rumor i think is untrue but would be cool (hopefully they remove the grizzly bear in its construction).

Plus the octopus is only meant to be a non-pernament attraction so we can see a new ride there. Im going to keep my eye on this park during the closed season to see whats going on.
Air Resistance

There would be no-were to put the Wave.

The toad hole is about the only think worth putting it that space.

And this new RC better not be another crappy coaster like most of theres.

Lightwater valley rules

No where to put the wave thts a gd one. I could think of million places to put the wave. They could even have it where the toad hole is. And i wouldnt call all there coaster crappy. Only there crappy Pifiris.
Anonymous

yeh i agree wiv Lightwater valley rules not all there coaster r crappy, But i would really like them 2 add a new water ride wt really gets u wet