Lightwater Valley

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

I love the toad in the hole, the whole going down hill smacking the water in a skip is well funny!
X

The Toad Hole was my first water ride and I will miss the cheap theming and clattering of this ride! Has anybody noticed that the sticky green wall has faded and you can now see the old Devil's Drop scenery? :?: And the queue path fences for the Toad hole have been painted and also speakers for pop music in the park were inserted in the queue path last year. Why would they do this if they were to get rid of the ride? :?: But this would be easier for the train and the un-lucky worker with the stop and go sign! :lol: Would the site be abandoned in the 2006 season if the ride was to go? :cry:
Lightwater valley rules

I think the toadhole is well positioned and themed guess that because when lightwater valley put effort into there theming. But its a good ride to watch. I personaly dont think they would get rid of it i supose its a bit like the rat it will never leave. If they did god only knows what they would replace them with.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
Gax

Anonymous

I have to say looking at those pictures it looks pretty rubbish. But with so little investment this year could they be saving money for something big perhaps?
Lightwater valley rules

Well the ride itself is pretty rubbish but creates a good atmosphere in the enterance area. On your second point i would agree with you that they might be saving up for something big because there not built a good ride this year but instead improved there buildings, fencing, queue areas and so on. I still belive there is a huss toople tower coming 2005 but i cant be sure.
Lightwater valley rules

I still belive there is a huss toople tower coming 2005 but i cant be sure.[/quote]

Sorry i mean 2006.But i heard a rumor that a huss topple tower had being sold to the uk and i cant find out where to. Can some on help me?
Anonymous

The octopus looks strangely familiar to the drayton manor sombrero ride
Lightwater valley rules

I dont think so but its probuly similar sort of ride
Anonymous

When is the new website coming?
Air Resistance

[quote=""AngryDerbrain""]When is the new website coming?[/quote]If only we knew :-s

I think LWV should get rid of the following rides-

Grizzly Bear
The Octopus
The Ladybird (Or alternitivly move it to the 'baby' section of the park)
Buffalo Express
all the little naff fair ground stuff Image
Nintendo Revolution is gonna rule all!

Pic of Rev coming as soon as I figure out how
Lightwater valley rules

Well we know the Octopus will be leaving for the 2005 season as it is hired. It would be pointless moving the Ladybird to the the 'kids section' of the park so they mayswell get rid of it. Perhaps there will be enougth space to place a decent thrill ride in its place.

But i totally disagree with you on moving the grizzly bear. Like what would be the point in Demolishing a ride which has only just arived and is cheap to run. Sure its a crap ride but some people will like it.

I supose i would agree with you in removing the bufflo express and replace it with something like a rocking tug ride.

Dont see the point in moving the game stalls and so on as they charge extra to go on them so they must make a bit of money outa it.

But the bottem line is that lwv are replacing most of their old rides and replacing them but mostly with nothing special. The only exeption to this is the eagles claw which i think was an exellent move by lwv the best ive seen them make so far!! :D
But i personally they are getting in more big rides as they have worked out alot of teenagers use the park that are only intrested in big rides.

So overall i think that the park is improving margianary :)
buggy

[quote=""Jam JT""]does anyone know if the 'Orbiter' is the model thats going to Loudoun Castle in scotland, I know loudoun is getting one of those rides for this season. Loudoun is owned by Bembom Rides.[/quote]

i remember starting a topic about loudon not long ago, and someone said it was the one from light water valley, and it was somewhere before light water valley too?

edit: wooow, didnt notice those other 2 pages, maybe i should have read the whole thread first :p
Adam2

Im off to Lightwater valley on wednesday, I have never been before. I will look out for the ultimate and the eagle thing, they sound mint. What else is good to go on? :D
[Signature Removed by Admin - Too Big]
Renegade

Im not sure if this has been mentioned but didnt Alton Towers Have an Octopus ride

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/ol ... ctopus.htm
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/ol ... spider.htm

Spider and Octopus, both the same kind of ride at Alton Towers :)
Adam2

How old is that? I have never seen it!
Renegade

They were both there the around the same years from 1984-1992 i think it does actually tell you on the page to the left :)
Adam2

Oh yeah. When did the thunder looper close?
Lightwater valley rules

I went to the park today and it seemed to be trading very well. They were large queues to get into the place for most of the day. All the rides were fully fuctional but i cant help but wonder what they where thinking of when they decided to get the octopus.

But all i can say is that at least we know its going next year! :D

But the space around that area is pritty large and you can fit a large ride in there. It will most Likely a large capicity ride as the rides previously acupieing the space had large capacitys (around 36 for lightwater valley)

I also have heard a rumor that the toad hole is leaving so that might be another new ride.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be replacing the octopus?
Sir Coastalot

It is rumured that the Topple Tower was suposed to come this year but was delayed so they put in the Octopus. So next year it will probabaly be the Topple Tower.