The London Dungeon

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Justin

A nice little advert for The Dungeons 2016...
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dom

Got to experience the new scene, The Great Fire of London. Its a good attraction to the Dungeons, but at the same time I also felt a bit let down. Not a huge amount happens and they just use a lot of smoke.
mark_h

Dom wrote:they just use a lot of smoke.
Did it smell of smoke or just the standard theatrical fake (glycol) smoke?
Dom

mark_h wrote:
Dom wrote:they just use a lot of smoke.
Did it smell of smoke or just the standard theatrical fake (glycol) smoke?
The fake stuff. It's a good addition, don't get me wrong, but it won't win the popularity vote of which part is best unfortunately.
Danny

Visisted The Dungeons yesterday to try out the new Great Fire show, and also my first trip to Traitor's Gate on the boat ride :)

The new show was a very impressive room, I liked all the effects they used and the attention to detail was high. As with most new shows the script could do with a bit of tweaking, and the actor seemed to struggle in places, but other than that it was a welcome addition. As Dom said it's not going to be a favourite, but I enjoyed it.

I have visited several times before but this is the first time I was able to experience the boat ride, and I was rather disappointed. It heavily relied on darkness and black walls, and I expected more than the one drop. The boat ride at the old dungeons was brilliant and definitely the better of the two, however I was glad I got to experience it.

However I'm still sticking to my point that the whole experience feels a lot more disjointed compared to Tooley Street. There's lots of 'fillers' and some of the walks between scenes take a fair few minutes which does kill the atmosphere slightly. I had a great time, but it'll always be difficult when you've experienced the old Dungeons :)
Justin

Tooley Street was a very good attraction as it felt old, but the arched roofs helped with that.
I do agree that County Hall feels more disjointed, but hopefully over time it will age. It is a little over 3 years old, so only time will tell.
The Traitor's Gate boat ride is ok, but as you say Danny, it is a little too dark. Unfortunately the times I've been, some of the effects have not been working - the barrels being one.

One thing I don't like it the green screen at the entrance. I do feel the stocks were better placed and act as a trademark of The Dungeons. I did however think Drop Dead was better than Extremis.
Owen

UNDER 18's STAY AWAY

So, it seem there's a special event going on at the London Dungeon.

Spoiler
On Valentines Day only you can book the "Fifty Shades of The London Dungeon" (in partnership with Ann Summers) for you and a special someone for £25pp.

The package includes entry to "The London Dungeons Darker" themed tour, a certain Ann Summers set that I will not name (but you are more than welcome to find on the booking page) worth £35 and a free drink at the Tavern. The experience will last approximately 1 hour between 19:45 and 20:45.

You can check the full details and wording here.
Last edited by Owen on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liam.W

Well that's different :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dom

It has been announced that Seance will be returning to The London Dungeons for February half term. It last appeared in 2015.
Face your fears as you place your hands on the Ouija board in our latest show. This half term get ready to make contact with the spirit world, as our most fearless visitors will join our sinister Victorian medium as she attempts to contact the afterlife in this spine tingling experience.
Visitors brave enough to visit the dungeon this February will step back to the 1870s. As they make their way through the streets of Victorian London they will meet the legendary psychic Agnes Guppy, who has become well known for her levitations and transportation during séances. Guests will be there to witness if Guppy’s actions and her extraordinary psychic abilities are fake? Or does she possess an unearthly gift to perpetuate paranormal activity?
Visitors should be prepared for a hair-raising experience, as strange goings-on begin in the psychic parlour… will they be able to hold their nerve and leave with their souls intact?
Dom

The London Dungeons are hosting Summer Frights, a special 18+ summery lates on selected dates in the evenings. I went to this last night and can honestly say its really good. It is scarier than the normal run to the point I made some noises and jumped a few times, the script is quite adult and it has Seance which is literally THE best show they have added in recent memory. Seance is genuinely scary. Its very clever in the way that it works, but its done in such a way that everything happens for a reason and it really builds the atmosphere of this particular show and jesus christ it will make you jump. Plus shots in The Ten Bells and a drink before you start helps build a more relaxed atmosphere and the smaller groups make it feel more intimate. Its £29 which is worth it, even if it does skip a couple of the scenes and the boat road for obvious reasons :lol
Justin

Do they use additional scenes or do they use the spaces for a different show?
Dom

I think its an additional scene as its in between Jack the Ripper and The Courtroom, which in normal mode, Jack the Ripper is before The Courtroom
Swarm Chris

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, The London Dungeon has temporarily closed from today.

Source

Similarly the York and Edinburgh Dungeons are also temporarily closed.