The London Dungeon

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
nickhutson

Yes. It's about time they added a new permanent scene - after they ruined the ticket hall and replaced with a green screen photo booth. I'll never forgive them for that.
Rita Fan

I'm going to very safely assume that the alcohol will not be served to children
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Justin

Agreed. The green screen is awful! Not part of the Dungeons experience and it must go!

Plans sound interesting but I think we will still see a shop somewhere along the line!
Fiyero

I wasn't aware of this change and was caught by (nice) surprise. I did notice the awful changes mentioned regarding the ticket office and green screen.
Seems very odd to me to replace a money making shop with giving away a drink. Shame they can't make it like ride exits and have a combined shrek/dungeon/sealife/eye shop in the area used by cafe and fish and chips at the front
N_B

Fiyero wrote:I wasn't aware of this change and was caught by (nice) surprise. I did notice the awful changes mentioned regarding the ticket office and green screen.
Seems very odd to me to replace a money making shop with giving away a drink. Shame they can't make it like ride exits and have a combined shrek/dungeon/sealife/eye shop in the area used by cafe and fish and chips at the front
That's similar to what they have at Blackpool, you go through the pub first then exit that through the gift shop. I can do without the shops though, my house is swimming in dungeons tat!
mark_h

N_B wrote:at Blackpool, you go through the pub first then exit that through the gift shop.
That must increase sales, a few drinks makes the tat seem more worthwhile.
N_B

mark_h wrote:
N_B wrote:at Blackpool, you go through the pub first then exit that through the gift shop.
That must increase sales, a few drinks makes the tat seem more worthwhile.
Haha, true! It's the only reason I can see for anyone buying a mini "chappie chopper" :lol
Dom

Having experienced the Tavern i think its quite a nice little feature that has been added. You get given a coin just as you enter it and can exchange it for a drink. I will say the website is a bit misleading as to what happened in this room, as on the London Dungeons website it says depending on where you sit, you get a different story. This isn't the case. When i went on Sunday, they just had one actor occasionally shouting over to no one random things.
The pub itself is well themed and makes for a rather unique drink.
Michelle

I still struggle to place how this works, is it the final 'scene' now? Can you exit straight away if you don't want to sit around, or can you linger for as long as you like?
Dom

Michelle wrote:I still struggle to place how this works, is it the final 'scene' now? Can you exit straight away if you don't want to sit around, or can you linger for as long as you like?
You have the choice of staying or going. They don't force you to stay, but i would recommend having a drink, just so you can say you have done it. They also give you the option of keeping the coin as a memento, if you don't want the drink, which is a nice touch. I wouldn't really call it a scene, when compared to other areas within the Dungeons.
Luce

I like the tavern ending to the dungeons and feel it fits in nicely as a conclusion to your visit and good to have a free drink. It was strange not having the shop at the end but the tavern is really well themed and a bit different :)
Michelle

So is there no shop at all now?
Dom

Michelle wrote:So is there no shop at all now?
Nope. No shop. Its vanished into the history books
Michelle

This makes me sad, I did enjoy a bit of dungeon tat shopping while waiting for people to get through the actual attraction :lol I do feel like I need to brave it again now though to experience the tavern at least. I'm Glad they've continued to update the attraction.
Luce

It's certainly worth braving it to see the tavern at the end as I think it's a nice addition but still strange not having the shop there. I did wonder whether Merlin would have squeezed one in somewhere but unusually they didn't.
Justin

I do like a shop!

At least I won't spend anything there though!
Owen

Good god!

Now how am I going to get my £10 London Dungeons syringe pen!
Morgan

The London Dungeon have announced a new scene, Escape the Great Fire of London.
The London Dungeon wrote:It’s the 2nd September 1666 and the sparks from Thomas Farriner’s bakery in Pudding Lane have set the packed timber houses of London alight and the city has become a raging inferno.

The flames are so hot cooked pigeons are dropping out of the sky, the streets are running with molten lead and St Paul’s is burning to the ground.

Londoners are fleeing the Capital, piling into boats on the river to escape the destruction as panic sweeps the city.

Will you ‘Escape the Great Fire’?

Dom

Yay! I remember this scene from Tooley Street. I hope its as good as that one. Will have to go and try it.
Luce

Interesting that they're bringing back the great fire scene but like Dom, I remember it from the dungeons old site so will be curious to see how they do it this time round.