The London Dungeon

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
joelpagett

Here are a couple of photos of the exterior, was in London today and managed to bypass the new Dungeons

More Here
Krazycoaster

New advert!
Bullet Hell

Has anyone here actually been yet?
I'm planning on going Saturday 16th March (depending on queue times)
Ripsaw Raver

Im going Sunday April 7th
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Rollercoaster5000

I've been and loved it, but not all the effects were working at the time but apparently they are now.
Chaz

I went Sunday 3rd, was incredible! Didn't think they could improve on the old attraction but they have!

Amazing and only had a few glitches. Very impressed.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Lexie

I went two weeks ago and was very impressed. Really enjoyed myself despite the group from hell I found myself stuck with.
wually

Anyone got a full review and how they'd rate it overall?
Kirsty25

Right from the first minute it is brilliant, the effects, the rides, the actors/actresses, the theming. I never went to the old London Dungeons (before the move) but I did go to York Dungeons in 2011 and it is 100 times better than that I did mean to write a review but kinda forgot :| I am quite a jumpy person so there were some bits that frightened me to death but our group was made funnier by having a group of French students on a trip, so they acted up and the actors did a brilliant job at keeping them in line!

As a general attraction for spending approx 90 mins, I'd give it a 9/10 - really worth a visit, and worth a return visit.
roary01

Just returned from 4 days in london, and having previously done blackpool & warwick dungeons earlier this year, i was sadly very unimpressed with london.
The theming i can't fault, but from the entrance the staff weren't in character just chatting more to each other and not interacting. Then as we were batched the group was a ridiculous size meaning as we went through you'd miss parts been said. Some of the acting just wasn't up to the same standard as the previous two i had been before they seemed to be too over the top dramatic instead of keeping in character. I loved Sweeney (although it would of been good to actually see him) and the ripper was well done. But one thing that got me with the theming is everytime i looked up the ceilings looked like they had been forgotten. Paint it black and no-one will know... Then to top it off drop dead was unavailable which there was no mention off until we got through the doors after the final scene where we had been told to prepare for drop dead. Doors opened and a guy who couldn't really be bothered, just said without character "drop dead is unavailable, you survived, please exit..." so a bit of an anti-climax.. All in all i would've thought the groups should be smaller, theming more dense, characters keep in character, make it more intense it just feels too open.. Id much rather return to blackpool dungeon...
DeanGaryCox

I done the old london dungeons back in 2009, so can't remember an awful lot in detail about it... but visited the new one in county hall on monday.

Overall i really enjoyed it, but found it a lot more entertaining with some adult humour, rather than scary, although there were a few parts which did make everyone jump.T

The themeing was pretty top notch in my opinion with some good projected effects (although the castle section with the cannons which was fired didn't really give any effect at all).

The very first section which i thought was the lift made it dissapointing for myself as the actor just pulled on a crank, and i thought that was us going down into the dungeons - but then we went into the actual lift section so unsure what that was about!

The drop on the boat ride was a bit underwhelming, it also didn't use a traditional lift hill, and would be good to know if anyone knew what sort of lift hill it was, as it was so pitch black i couldn't really see what was going on... on the whole though the boat ride section is fine with some nice effects.

The drop dead ride at the end was a bit weird... obviously it was top loading, so the floor had to stay with the ride, but it had flaps which opened up to let the air blow through at you, which felt weird... what made this ride so different though is how, you had the initial drop which dind't go all the way down, and then you were lowered down the rest in pitch black which i would have rather the whole thing be the drop height, although i swear i could just make out some statues in front of me at the bottom, but nothing came of that so i'm guessing the effects weren't working, and then we were pretty much launched back up, and dropped again, and then brought back up for the end - so weird as it is, but definitely adds more of an experience to the straight forward up and down of extremis at the old dungeons.
Image 2014
nickhutson

roary01 wrote: Just returned from 4 days in london, and having previously done blackpool & warwick dungeons earlier this year, i was sadly very unimpressed with london.
The theming i can't fault, but from the entrance the staff weren't in character just chatting more to each other and not interacting. Then as we were batched the group was a ridiculous size meaning as we went through you'd miss parts been said. Some of the acting just wasn't up to the same standard as the previous two i had been before they seemed to be too over the top dramatic instead of keeping in character. I loved Sweeney (although it would of been good to actually see him) and the ripper was well done. But one thing that got me with the theming is everytime i looked up the ceilings looked like they had been forgotten. Paint it black and no-one will know... Then to top it off drop dead was unavailable which there was no mention off until we got through the doors after the final scene where we had been told to prepare for drop dead. Doors opened and a guy who couldn't really be bothered, just said without character "drop dead is unavailable, you survived, please exit..." so a bit of an anti-climax.. All in all i would've thought the groups should be smaller, theming more dense, characters keep in character, make it more intense it just feels too open.. Id much rather return to blackpool dungeon...
They decided to concentrate on the flooring rather than the ceiling, but the ceilings are being looked at, apparently.  That's a shame you didn't get to experience the drop ride!
Nick Hutson
Presenter - The Season Pass Podcast and Nick\'s Season Pass ERT
http://www.theseasonpasspodcast.com
Producer and Co-Presenter - MusicalTalk - The UK\'s Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
bensaund

I am hoping to try it out tomorrow :-)
If you go down to the woods today
newrider

So, in a bid to make the most of my Merlin Annual Pass, I dropped by the London Dungeon (which has recently moved to the south bank at Waterloo).

It was great fun - brilliantly themed - and a surprisingly intense dark, drop ride at the end too! But it left me in confusion.

I have a distinct memory of there being a mini ROLLER COASTER at the end of the tour (either instead of, or as well as, a drop ride). My first thought is it was abandoned in the move, but a bit of research didn't find any references to this at the old London Bridge location either!

Does anyone know if I have lost my marbles, or if there really was a little coaster ride at the end in the past (possibly about 12 or so years ago)?

Thanks!
Ripsaw Raver

The only rollercoaster I know of is Reaper which I think is in Amsterdam
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Vladimir Bobinski

There was an ABC drop tower, same as the one used in Nemesis Sub Terra.  It lifted you up and you were dropped at the gallows. In my groups case, being guilty for associating myself with an Australian.

I haven't visited the new location yet, but I thought it had been moved and still was the last scene, it might have been rebranded. Are you sure you didn't just skip it, it was optional.
Last edited by Vladimir Bobinski on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

I think that it is a new drop tower. Not 100% sure but I know that it does 2 or 3 drops this time :)
DeanGaryCox

I went back in 2009 to the old one, and there was a boat ride, and the drop tower at the end. Since I visited there, the old one added Vengance 4D an interactive laser shooter simulator.

Then I went to the new one in September, where they didn't bother having the Vengance 4D attraction, but still had a boat ride, and drop tower, albeit new ones.
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
Danny

Newrider might of thought that the boat ride was the roller coaster as it is part track as you went backwards. I could see how he would've got confused.
newrider

Thanks for the replies!! "Good" to hear there was definitely no London coaster. I think I either confused the boat ride, or went to the one in Amsterdam and mixed it up. (I go to Holland quite frequently, which makes it not inconceivable!)