Adventure Island

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
CGM

I did start a topic about this before but since the forum update, it seems to have been deleted.

Anyway- here's a 3D render of the coaster.
http://www.rcdb.com/ig3573.htm?picture=1

It is a production model but it still looks to be a good, compact coaster with both some new elements and a new triangular track style from Gerstlauer. It is to be called Rage and has 3 inversions. A very wierd looking loop, What Gerstlaur calls an Immelmann but looks more like a Premier Top Hat and a Zero G Roll.

For me, this is definately the most exiting development for 2007 in the UK so far which is kind of a sad thing considering it's a clone. But on the other hand this is a massive leap for Adventure Island and if marketed correctly could really bring in the crowds
Last edited by CGM on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TenZero

In my opinion, this ride will put Adv Isl on the map. The model is a Eurofighter 360+, which isnt the same as a standard Eurofighter (ala speed). The 360+ is designed for smaller parks, on a lower budget in my understanding. The layout looks very similar to Speed, and from the render, so does the actual station and area. The colour scheme is due to be yellow and purple (in keeping with the other brainless coloured coasters on park, purple and yellow paint must be on offer at B&Q lately.) The ride is also planned to have themeing (dont hold your breath), my sources say that the ride will have cartoon characters randomly placed around the ride :?
CGM

I've always thought that yellow and purple was one of the best colour combinations for a coaster
http://www.rcdb.com/ig1365.htm?picture=18
TenZero

Well I really like red and black as coaster colours, but its personal taste. Adv Island have no decent painted ride..Mighty Mega = Pink,YellowGreen. Barnstormer = Yellow, Pink, Blue, Red, Green. Green Scream = Green and Brown (not too bad).
Last edited by TenZero on Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caffeine_demon

[quote=""Matt_""]Well I really like red and black[/quote]

oo-err sounds a bit rude!!
TenZero

Urgh, theres always one.
Anonymous

It's great news and I really think it will be a huge boost for what is a great little park. It'll never really rival Thorpe or Chessington, but Philip Miller has put a good selection of mainly (but not only) kiddie rides - the majority of which are themed far beyond the quality you'd expect from such a small park. This new ride will really balance out the park and I'm sure it will go from strength to strength.

A knock-on effect could also benefit the Save Dreamland campaign, as Mr Miller has made it publically known that he would like to purchase Dreamland's almost dead site - but only at the 'amusement park' rate and not the 'retail/apartments development' rate.

Let's hope Thanet Council in Margate can see how Philip Miller has proved that it IS possible to create a popular, quality, busy theme/amusement park in this current climate - despite the deliberate demises of Dreamland over recent years and Pleasureland Southport.
Anonymous

Couldnt find a topic on this so here we are.

Track has arrived and parts are being built already, pictures of construction and a movie at www.adventureislandguide.com .
This is looking to be a great little coaster, and a big boost for the park even if it is pink and yellow :P
HAJiME

*just stares at the colour scheme...*

Why did i imagine it to be blue...?

Oh maybe because RAGE sounds somewhat less gay than pink and yellow.

Speed was crap. It was crap because it was rough, though. And this one has tri-track, i think? More support - with any luck less roughness. The trains are terrible though so it's quite likley it will be worse just because ..well, just to make me hate Eurofighters.

The layout is lacking the airtime hill, though. And the drop into the loop (am i right?) looks liek it's gunna hurt, bearing in mind how fast Speed shot over it's hill. Speed's loop was forceless and dull.
TenZero

[quote=""HAJiME""]Speed was crap. It was crap because it was rough, though. [/quote]

Correction, Speed is crap. It used to be smooth, but turned very rough recently.
Ash

Could be a change of wheels? Temperature?
Sazzle

Gonna say I rode Speed in August and it wasn't rough? As for forceless I had a pounding headache because of the G's it gave!

There are quite a few points in the ride too forceful for my liking and they weren't even particularly good parts - the helix being one thing I vaguely remember and the loop the other. I loved the bunny hop on the thing - aceness :D.

Rage looks quite good - lots of twists, curves and inversions on the way! I had no idea there was a coaster on the way but I shall now be following construction.

Well done for the pictures and videp!
Matt 125

Yup. When I rode Speed in August, the drop and hill were great. Loop was OK but the helixes were so forceful it hurt.

Is a bit rough aswell.

As for Rage. No airtime hill is a little disappointing and the colour scheme. . . well. . .

Matt :D
TenZero

The design of Rage is a 'off the shelf coaster', so the design Rage has comes as standard. I think the model is Eurofighter 360+ (correct me if I'm wrong) and theres already one out there somewhere?
HAJiME

I rode Speed in July. It was very rough, highlighted by the restraints.

The drop and hill is amazing - then it hits the turnaround and in flies the bad track work. The turn aroudn hurts, the loop is dull, the mcbr makes the barrel boring and then the helixes are too intense. All accumpanied by roughness. Extreme, roughness.
Hurri

Rage is a Eurofighter 320+ and will be the world's first of this model to open. I assume this is the case, at least, having seen nothing about Duinrell's recently, which is identical. Might have better colours though.

Glad you like the updates, I will be doing another video when testing starts.

As of 5pm today the station, brake run, helix, transfer track, and bottom half of the lift/drop tower are up, it's coming together so quickly...
TenZero

I just hope it doesn't turn as rough as Speed.
iriderides101

I rode speed in may/june time and i forund it very smooth if it has detereated then it could be poor maintenece as for rage looks very promising and im glad the park decided no to spend there money on a crap used vekoma/arrow/ coaster like a certain recently did
Hurri

TenZero

Great images there Hurri! The park looks so small compared to the top of Rage now, it makes Sky Drop look tiny. Have Adv Isl confirmed a opening date yet? Hopefully some time in the Febuary Half Term I'm hoping.