Brighton Pier

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
mattcharles

Rode this over the weekend and have to say this is the worst coaster I have rode so far!

Its ok to look at - but it is just so rough you cannot enjoy it properly.

Normally when i look ahead and see a drop/turn in the track, i look forward to the rush it will bring, but on Turbo i just had to braice myself for the pain....

At £4 a shot its a dam shame, the super booster there was brilliant and the Wild Mouse was good but it needs a nice little B&M invention installing.... Oh i can dream!!
The thing that scares me the most about nemesis is.............One day it will close.
Anonymous

The wild mouse can be found on many a fairground these days. Reverchon make them..
Ash

Didnt know you could do that will bare it in mind :D

That Turbo is just a headache! Heard about it stalling so many times :D
iriderides101

Is this pinfari contraption the same as draytons klondike was. If it was god thats panifull!
Luce

Although Turbo's not the best coaster ever, I still think it's quite good for where it is.

With regard to Klondike, I think it and Turbo are the same:-

http://www.rcdb.com/id854.htm - Turbo

http://www.rcdb.com/id815.htm - Klondike
NemmyLover

Least Klondike was well themed, I used to love it, if a bit painful, Klondike is now at Hayling Island :)!
mattcharles

[quote=""marky.com""]Everyone loves a bit of Pinfari action. :D

It's no wonder that Turbo is nick-named the 'concussion coaster'. The worst thing you could try to do is ride it with your hands in the air -I tried it once and actually heard my own spine click on the first drop.

I quite like the Reverchon Wild Mouse though, even though they're common as mook. If you ask really nicely, you can occasionally get them to release the spinning mechanism at the very beginning of the ride, rather than the usual release mid-way through the ride. It pulls some serious Gs I tell thee...

:D[/quote]

Hehe i like the sound of that. Would be mega mega dizzy though. Probably not a good idea after a couple of bevvy's..
The thing that scares me the most about nemesis is.............One day it will close.
Smeck

I remember Klondike, it was originally called the Python and it was the first coaster I ever went on! I didn't think it was that uncomfortable, although when I went on Klondike before it closed it wasn't as comfy, probably due to my taller and bigger frame...
Mankey

Klondike has been relocated about 30 mins away from me, i rode it around may time, i thought it was alrite actually, good fun :) but yeah, everyone knows what im like with rough coasters :twisted:

Nice little loop which is quite enjoyable :D shame the exit from the loop is insanely rough!

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Power Of Ten

short,painfall,rip off,drop just hurts
nice loop though :D
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.
iriderides101

One of the pinfari death manchines are being installed in 'new pleasureland' with traumatizer colours. I think it was the one form Camelot which was removed for knightmare
jbailey93

sorry to go off topic but olly glynn where did you get that rubbish about stealth being the top ride in britain its a good ride but nemesis is clearly the best and how can you not include oblivion in that
my Longest que times
AIR:220 mins plus about 30 mins down time(opening day)
NEMMY:120mins(fireworks)
RITA:90mins(opening day)
OBLIVION:120mins(fireworks)
Mankey

When were we talking about that? :? PM him if u wanna ask about that...

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Power Of Ten

thanks for pointing that out i meant to say my favorite uk rides
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.
mattcharles

I never knew that in 2002 the train was despatched when a 16ft piece of track had been removed for maintenance.... god how can they let something like that happen !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sout ... 982939.stm
martynlfc

The Gauntlet at Camelot was just as bad, if not worse, I don't know if it was rougher than the Ultimate but it was serioulsy painful. The track was all rusty when I touched it in the Southport car park, it's the sort of thing were you expect to see sparks come flying of the train as it goes round. :lol:
Mankey

[quote=""mattcharles""]I never knew that in 2002 the train was despatched when a 16ft piece of track had been removed for maintenance.... god how can they let something like that happen !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sout ... 982939.stm[/quote]

I shouldnt laugh! but LMAO!!! seriously thats brilliant :lol: how dumb can you get seriously!!

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
SwEDEN

Ok, right.... So quite a few of you know that Brighton Pier has the tendency to move machines around and that they're not shy of occasionally getting something new! (example of this Air Race for last year) But that the main problem would have to do with space, or more like the lac of.... So here's a question, if you could have free range of Brighton Pier... what would you build, and just how different would it be??
Burniel

I'd build a family coaster and lower the prices considerably ...

One time when I was little, I remember they said it would be £12 for my family to ride the carousel!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Themeparksandy1981

Is the burned out pier still there? Only been to Brighton once and that was in 2005.