Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dungeon-X-Smile

Wow... that's so blunt... 
Dungeon-X-Smile

Woah that's amazing!! I love that scheme, it looks sooo good in the onride photos. If I had a zombie next to me, I would so buy the photo of it. 
Swarm Chris

saw-x-smile wrote:Woah that's amazing!! I love that scheme, it looks sooo good in the onride photos. If I had a zombie next to me, I would so buy the photo of it. 
We had one on our train yesterday. Hursty had the honour of sitting at the back, being stared at for most of the ride by the walker.
Robert.W

Haha, I can just imagine they make for really good on-ride photos! Nice idea to fill empty seats, even if they could have used other single riders instead. I doubt it has much impact on overall throughput anyway.

Swarm Chris

Robert.W wrote:Haha, I can just imagine they make for really good on-ride photos! Nice idea to fill empty seats, even if they could have used other single riders instead. I doubt it has much impact on overall throughput anyway.
Typically they do get the exact numbers they need, but occasionally an odd numbered group gets batched by accident, which this covers. Before this you either had to wait for the next group, which wasn't ideal as that would just knock the problem on, or they stuck a random staff member in there.
Swarm Chris

The same language is being used in another Tweet. Sadly it's looking like this is the official line about Loggers Leap now.
thats-twice.png
Edit: Forgot to add the source link: https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/1006096235638525952
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Swarm Chris on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abigsmurf

That's some extremely specific wording there, suspiciously so.  Fingers crossed for a Tiger Rock makeover...

If it is gone for good they absolutely need to replace it with a good family ride. 
Robert.W

Swarm Chris

Robert.W wrote:Just gonna leave this here... https://mobile.twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/1006268332859953152 

:sus:
Thorpe Park Love Island

The shoutbox prophecy came true... :(
Swarm Chris

Thorpe Park Love Island has now been confirmed.

https://www.swnsdigital.com/2018/06/vis ... xperience/

Whilst the concept sounds scarier to me than any fright night attraction, it will include some elements that have been discussed here about having a more summer and chilled out theme to the park:

"The takeover will also include themed cocktails, beach food, a specially-themed chill out zone and a chance to hire VIP beach huts."

Looks like it will be the long-weekend event throughout the summer holidays:

"Thorpe Park is celebrating its partnership with the hit ITV2 series with late night opening on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays nights from Thursday 26th July to Saturday 1st September 2018."
Dan

And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse.

I have no words.
SmileAlways

So a small update from when we were on Park last week, on the Thursday when discussing Vortex with members of staff, we were unfortunately told that Vortex would remain closed for the foreseeable future.
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Thorpe Park have now added details to their website, with 'Summer Lates' seemingly re-branded to 'Love Island Lates'.

Robert.W

That logo though... lol looks like something I'd have drawn using Textease Studio when I was six... 

Swarm Chris

I hope that they have some decent themed food/drink for the event and not just a burnt sausage and a chiller of stella. 

I fear that I'll be entering and leaving the park via the downstairs dome entrance by Quantum all summer.
Dan says hi

Would this be available for annual pass holders or would we have to pay extra for that?
Swarm Chris

Dan says hi wrote:Would this be available for annual pass holders or would we have to pay extra for that?
£10 for Thorpe Park Annual and Merlin Standard Passes on Fridays and Saturdays during August and first weekend in September. Included for Premium and VIP passes on all days.
Dan says hi

OK Thanks. I presume that’s for Thursdays as well. That’s annoying. I’d planned a Thursday in August a few months ago as I just saw a 10pm close and thought it would be a nice day and I have no interest in Love Island whatsoever.
Swarm Chris

Dan says hi wrote:OK Thanks. I presume that’s for Thursdays as well. That’s annoying. I’d planned a Thursday in August a few months ago as I just saw a 10pm close and thought it would be a nice day and I have no interest in Love Island whatsoever.
The store page says just Fridays and Saturdays. So your Thursday plan would still be covered on any pass. :)
Dan says hi

Ah ok that’s good thanks.