Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:I've just watched the POV as i don't think ill experience it any time soon and it looks quite a good addition but time will tell because with out the actors in a few years it will be very bland.

Anybody think they'll use IACGMOH as a maze at Halloween?
It does have the potential to be used as a horror maze, and would make a very good maze with the amount of themeing in it, but i highly doubt it will be used. Some parts of it would get in the way of it being used as a maze. The ending of IAC as well as the chamber of horrors would make it quite difficult to get the throughput to where it needs to be for a horror maze. I assume that the throughput on mazes is quite high.
thi3teenloverboy14

The Swarm is in a place that does not really have a name ( if it does please let me know :lol )could we see a name for the area if a new attraction comes in the next few years? We know that it wont be next year because of the dark ride but what about 2018-2020 it could do well with a new ride/attraction. We could defiantly see a flat ride come in but i personally think a spinning coaster would work because of the family market there going towards. They themed the Swarm well so i'm sure they could do it again with a family coaster.
What Flat Ride would work well in a apocalyptic area?
Nathan_Fisher

It's called The Swarm Island isn't it? As for the new ride and expansion of the area, i can't really see it happening. The whole idea of the swarm is unique and i doubt that will change, adding a new ride will change the story line of what 'apparently' happened (as seen in the queue line videos). Adding in a new ride would ruin the story in my opinion, because they would need to give a detailed story about how the ride got there and what it is. The Swarm island is a very unique area and we're very lucky to have extensive themeing like that in the UK, i honestly can't see that changing.
Air15

I think putting zodiac could be good
Mermalizer

I agree with Nathan_Fisher - it is 'The Swarm Island'. I think that keeping The Swarm on its' own and in its' own apocalyptic environment will preserve the theme of the ride.

It is in my opinion one of the best themed areas in the park - so The Swarm should be kept to itself.
Prepare to be mermalized!
thi3teenloverboy14

Mermalizer wrote:I agree with Nathan_Fisher - it is 'The Swarm Island'. I think that keeping The Swarm on its' own and in its' own apocalyptic environment will preserve the theme of the ride.

It is in my opinion one of the best themed areas in the park - so The Swarm should be kept to itself.
But they have a load of space around the back! A family ride might even encourage more people to ride The Swarm

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
itsoliver

I feel that a Flat ride would benefit the area. I agree with other comments saying that it would be cast in swarms show but over all I think it would enrich the area. Just look at saw alive and saw the ride they both Match in theme and both help realise the area. True saw alive is shut now but when it was open it gave that part of the park a more complete feel. So If they did build a flat ride on "Swarm Island" then I think it should resemble the destruction vibe in the area. E.g. A round about made out of broken car shrapnel or a top spin made out road signs. Regardless wether you think a flat ride would help the area or not, what type of flat ride should should there? And what should it be themed like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamesc

Or just extend the track, as that's the only problem with the ride is that its too short.

Has anyone heard of a rollercoaster anywhere in the world, to ever have had its track length extended.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Ladyofthelake

Thorpe Park have announced a series of live music acts which will feature at the resort during July and August as part of a new, music event in partnership with Universal Music.

So far, 4 acts have been announced - The Vamps, Ella Eyre, Rizzle Kicks and Conor Maynard, with the first concert being held on 11th July. From the info released so far, it seems that the main stage will be in Lost City, with a smaller stage for some other acts by Tidal Wave (in a similar position to the stage for last year's Thorpe Park Live! events). SouthParks news has the details known so far.

Tickets look to be going on sale soon, although as yet there is no indication on the cost of these.

It certainly seems that Thorpe are keen to build on the live music offering at the park, and I'm sure the acts lined up so far will certainly draw in the crowds. It's quite interesting that the dates announced for the concerts are when Summer Nights have been held in previous seasons - could this mean no more Summer Nights, or a reduced number of dates for Summer Nights?

Will be interesting to see how these concerts go.
Owen

This is interesting, particularly Ella Eyre and Connor Maynard seeing as they are now becoming bigger, with Ella releasing music very frequently, and Connor returning with a new single (although with a copied backing sound [Karen Harding - Say Something]). The Vamps and Rizzle kicks on the other hand seem to have slowed up and almost disappeared respectively - seeing as they were both acts at Alton Towers LiVE! In 2013 Merlin may have been able to get these back much easier. I look forward to more details!
Michelle

I wouldn't say it's entirely correct to say The Vamps have slowed up, they released 4 singles last year and appear to be touring currently, of the 4 acts they're the ones I'd be most interested in seeing if I'm honest.
I'm interested in seeing how much they charge for these events and whether they replace summer nights altogether, would be a shame if they do I think.
I'm really happy they're continuing to offer music events, there's just something I love about the mix of theme parks and live music.
Jack

I would probably just go for the extended ride close if I'm honest :P If you are into that kind of music this seems to be a bit of a step up from summer nights and will most definitely do the park some good :D
Dom

I reckon this could actually be quite a good event for the park. The Vamps were on park the other day and they got big crowds so i would imagine they will be popular events.
Nathan_Fisher

If this is replacing summer nights, it's a shame. Considering summer nights had little to no queues it was great for those who wanted a cheap night out with a high ride count. With well known bands and singers appearing, i would guess the whole park would be packed for the night. Although i guess it's a good move for those who enjoy these singers/bands. Summer nights probably weren't cost effective for the park with very few people in the park and a low admission price.
Jack

But just think how small the queues will be while they are performing! ;)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

From what I gather from this article, Summer Nights will be continuing at £15 per person, with tickets to the headline acts being sold separately. It also suggests that emerging artists will perform during the day on the Amity Cove Stage, as well as confirming Professor Green on the lineup.
Danny

So by the sounds if it, this will work like Alton Towers Live, but on a smaller scale. You pay extra for access to the viewing areas?
Either way I won't be wasting any money on this, Summer Nights are a must though!
Ryan.B

There is a small island behind the swarm which could hold a compact coaster or large flat ride in the space, not too sure about the possibility and. Planning for the area, although there is room for expansion, possibly a ride with a similar story to ripsaw ( piece of shrapnel thrown across forbidden valley by the nemesis creature).
Alex

Before the dark ride was announced the next investment was expected to be a coaster on that island and mock up plans showed that they could fit a decent sized coaster on the island plus two flat rides.

Morgan

I think Swarm's area is fine. If they had to expand, I'd retheme Flying Fish into a Swarm training ride [emoji38]