Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
SmilerLover

I agree. I think slammer is an excellent ride, and the only one I am even slightly scared on, but its time to go is soon
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
Dom

I would kinda be devastated if Slammer left. I rode it for the first time last year and i fell in love with this ride. Its such a unique ride experience and Thorpe Park has tried its hardest to get the ride back working. It had its best season last season as it was actually running quite a lot.
Jack

Thorpe have put too much money into slammer to just let it go now, give it at least another 3 years before removal is considered :)
Ryan.B

If the ride was a newer more reliable model, I wonder if thorpe could get a newer model, it is popular when it's open, just not reliable.
TheBeast

Surely Thorpe would want to maintain its name as having the world's only Sky Swat? it is literally the only place you can ride one, and I think that it is a waste of a good ride if it is removed
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

If Slammer gets too expensive to run, it will be removed. Whilst you may cite the fact that it is the only S&S Sky Swat remaining in the world, it's hardly something for Thorpe to shout about to its guests as it's almost certainly not the reason why the vast majority visit. What's more, with the amount of downtime it has suffered, it seems there's a reason why it's the 'last of its kind'.
Stan.H

What comes out of those shower cubicles? Slime or critters
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Going by the TV advert it looks like guests will be showered with sawdust and plastic bugs...
amberbarrett123

I don't think Thorpe will give it all away in their add through, I think they will have a trick or two up their sleeves :) I hope so anyway
Morgan

Haha I think it will be popular and many people are gonna wet themselves laughing!
Nathan_Fisher

A vlog was posted on youtube from a youtuber that got exclusive access to the maze, it shows some of the features that will be included in the maze, with them showing two of the bush tucker trials. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MerlinFan

Wow - how did they manage to get the park to themselves? They looked like fun to hang out with :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A few photos from today, posted on SouthParks Facebook.

Dom

Quick question as i don't actually know the answer. Is it only Shark guests that get the ERT or is it Merlin pass holders too?
Max

Not 100% but i believe Thorpe ERT is exclusive to hotel guests. Correct me if i'm wrong though.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Stan.H

lewis97 wrote:A few photos from today, posted on SouthParks Facebook.

Honestly, do you think they will get that queue full after opening week??
Nathan_Fisher

Emporium wrote:Honestly, do you think they will get that queue full after opening week??
I wouldn't judge this attraction before you have experienced it, this really could go either way 50:50. Some will like it some wont, but what i have seen from youtube videos from those who have already had small previews it's looking very promising.
Last edited by lewis97 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted images
Dom

It is a hard one to judge as to what the queue length will be. Of course, in the first few weeks of it being open, it is likely to be quite busy. After that it is too hard to tell if the queue length will be big or small. I would like to hope that this gets big queues and stays getting big queues just for the fact that i want this attraction to do very well as a lot of effort has been put into this new attraction. I am looking forward to Saturday when i get to experience this.
Stan.H

Dom wrote:It is a hard one to judge as to what the queue length will be. Of course, in the first few weeks of it being open, it is likely to be quite busy. After that it is too hard to tell if the queue length will be big or small. I would like to hope that this gets big queues and stays getting big queues just for the fact that i want this attraction to do very well as a lot of effort has been put into this new attraction. I am looking forward to Saturday when i get to experience this.
Hopefully this doesn't end up like Sae Live!
Morgan

I see it being popular this year, but next year... I doubt there shall be queues!