Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RollercoasterGEEK100

I prefer Infernos rawr

Credit to NemesisRider
Jack

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: I prefer Infernos rawr
I couldn't hear a roar from that on Saturday, find me a bit of footage with it's roar so I can hear...:)
TheBoyWithOneEye

I reckon what has happend here is that becuase of nemesis history, it has caught on to lots of people (not nesecerily from the ride its self). So then people have just wanted something call the best ride in the UK and agian, people have just followed this culture. Then when Nemesis Inferno was built, there must have been a bit eyebrow rasing and people put the coaster down for "stealing" its name and not really for its ride itself. This then made more people to go on and support Nemesis mabye becuase Thorpe was a rubbish theme park at the time and they think they can just take a name from a much more developed theme park. If Inferno was built first there would probley be a diffeent attitude towards it or like I said, if it had a diffrent name then again there would be a diffent attitude towards it. I think there are much better roller coasters out there then Nemesis, people are just yet to travle out of the UK and experience then for themselfs yet. I reckon most people supporting nemesis in here are like, "oh Ive only been to alton towers and i thought it was great! Ill go get an account on one of those forums and call myself a roller coaster enthusiast!" Honestly, I am one of those people who like smooth and not too intense ones such as The Swarm, Shambhala, and Air. Everyonejust needs tobe greatefull that we have 2 B&M inverts in the country! Or would we like a vekoma SLC to replace Inferno? I didnt think so! So just accept Inferno for what it is beuase i dont think you could do a much better job at designing a coaster for that amount of space and money they spent on it!
Sam198

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Nemesis... has an awful raw.
Call me blunt, but what are you on about? Alongside Montu, Nemesis is one of the best sounding coasters on the planet.
X/: no way out

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote: Honestly, I am one of those people who like smooth and not too intense ones such as The Swarm, Shambhala, and Air.
Wait did you just say the swarm isn't intense! :shock:

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
TheBoyWithOneEye

^ Not as intense as the likes of Nemesis.
Alex.D

Swarm is like air tbh. But Nemesis has got the best coaster noise on the planet, along with the swarm, that has a lovely "whoosh" to it, I like colossus noise too. Nemesis looks much better in terms of aesthetics all the hand painted rust effects, the pit, the actual ride, its just better overall. I do like inferos pre lift though.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
The Smiler

The roar of Nemesis is powerful however after being in a queue for about...10 minutes, it does become annoying and just a loud sound in my ears.
Smile even though your heart is breaking smile even though it's aching...
Jack

The Smiler wrote: The roar of Nemesis is powerful however after being in a queue for about...10 minutes, it does become annoying and just a loud sound in my ears.
Mate, I have spent one or two days in the past couple of years just in forbidden valley, and never got bored of her roar
NickiFan

So I went Thorpe Park and I went on Colossus, first and last time I go near that thing!

The layout was completely tame and the inline twists what look so innocent hurt far too much.
That coaster has not aged well..
I wouldn't even rate it, it looks good fun but it really isn't.

Anyway, enough complaining, let's look on the positives.. I like the music?

What do you think of Colossus?
Last edited by NickiFan on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaykeAT

If it didn't hurt as much as it did,it would be a great ride,the first 4 rows don't hurt to bad,so I would say it is a rather good ride,certainly not the best on park
NickiFan

JaykeAT wrote: If it didn't hurt as much as it did,it would be a great ride,the first 4 rows don't hurt to bad,so I would say it is a rather good ride,certainly not the best on park
It didn't feel like it was bashing my head around until I came off, I had a massive headache and my ears were ringing..
I mean, I did an SLC 10 times in a row and that was less painful than Colossus..
Danny

The layout is amazing. However if it wasn't a walk on I wouldn't even consider it. Come off with a headache everytime
NickiFan

After going on The Swarm and Nemesis Inferno and The Smiler a few weeks back, Colossus seemed boring and tame:( I queued about 45 mins too-.-
Sam198

X/: no way out wrote:
TheBoyWithOneEye wrote: Honestly, I am one of those people who like smooth and not too intense ones such as The Swarm, Shambhala, and Air.
Wait did you just say the swarm isn't intense! :shock:
It's not.
tallicay2k

I like colossus, surely if you find it painful ur not keeping your head back and sitting back properly.
I've never ever come off a ride in any sort of pain.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
NickiFan

I was, I just found it jolty and painful, my uncle and cousin (who came on with me) both said they wouldn't do it again and my cousin was crying in pain:( I must admit the airtime hills are amazing though, but I just didn't enjoy it one bit!
X/: no way out

I hate the saw noise and the th13teen noise

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
Danny

With colossus and saw I find even when your pushing your head right back there's no escaping the rattling of the trains.
Jamie

Good ride, bad trains.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"