Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Owen

If I remember correctly there was talk that Rumba was set for an overhaul for next year, so that may be way!
Bert

Owen wrote:If I remember correctly there was talk that Rumba was set for an overhaul for next year, so that may be way!
An Overhaul as in retheme like Dragon Falls is going under or overhaul as in refurb like Hex went under? I wouldn't think a retheme is too likely as Merlin wouldn't want it to clash wit Tiger Falls. However refurbs are nice when you have done to the standard of Hex and AT's Driving School. 

Also wasn't it mentioned in the Project 2020 thread that Thorpe was taking a year out for general improvements could 2018 be the year as we haven't seen any planning app or rumours of something new for Thorpe.
[Insert Signature Here]
Dom

It was mentioned at the SouthParks Summer Sizzler event. Some areas of TP are looking rather unloved so it would be really great if they could just refresh some areas. I think it will be more TLC style as opposed to Dragon Falls overhaul. I hope they really use the year out to their advantage.
Justin

It has been reported by TPWW that Rumba Rapids has now closed for the rest of the season.

With Rush down, along with the closure of Slammer and Loggers Leap, I believe this is a bad decision by Thorpe, especially with Frights Nights around the corner.

What is everyone else's thoughts?
Dom

I can see the logic behind the decision, but at the same time i'm like, "But Tidal Wave is still open". It does seem like the park is closing a ride early each year, with Flying Fish closing earlier the year before and although it isn't obvious, it could be they are planning to start its winter maintenance early. 
Luce

I can see both sides of the debate but perhaps the rapids will receive some TLC while it's closed :)
Justin

The thing I'm concerned about is the offering. We are approaching one of the busiest time of the year and we have attractions closed. This will no doubt increase queue times across the park. This is not taking in to consideration the closure of IAC either.
The argument could be given that we have mazes, but then again roll back a few years ago and we were in a better position. I think the effect of these closed attractions will be felt more so at Thorpe as the size of the park is against it, especially when comparing it to Alton and their closures. I do like tge Rapids, and the likes of Rush and Slammer don't appeal to me, but to others they may feel the effects of these closures more.
Ladyofthelake

If I'm honest I can't see the closure of Rumba having too much of an impact as with it being a water ride it was rare that it had a queue of any significant length during Fright Nights anyway. I'm also sure this isn't the first time the Resort have closed the Rapids at this time of year, if not closing them completely they've certainly closed them after dark before now. I think the fact Rumba Rapids is closed is maybe more noticeable given the complete loss of Slammer and the closure of Rush until 2018. Whilst Slammer was hit and miss anyway as to if it was open, Rush almost always held a significant queue of up to 50-60 minutes at the park's busiest times, 
Robert.W

Luce wrote:I can see both sides of the debate but perhaps the rapids will receive some TLC while it's closed :)
Perhaps they need to do a "Thorpe Loving Care"! 

Or maybe it could be the location for the 2020 development?

Justin

Out of all the years I've gone to Fright Nights, I can't recall them closing it. Hopefully TLC will be carried out on the ride. I don't think I'd be questioning their decision as much had they not lost 2 main rides this season.
Dom

Rumba always closed at about 5pm on Fright Nights, so for them to close it completely is a bit surprising, but hopefully it doesn't mean anything bad. #KeepRumba
Justin

It is strange to completely close it!
Hash tag campaign starts here! Well done, Dom! :)
Dungeon-X-Smile

I hope this catches on! #KeepRumba
I love rumba, and it's the only child-friendly water ride left. I hope they don't kill it and just restore it.
Stan.H

Does anybody know if the Kelloggs or Cadbury 2for1 vouchers are valid for use during fright nights? As I'm hoping to go on the 1st October, and don't want to turn up just to be turned away.
AltonOperator

All the Terms & Conditions say is that October 20th to 31st the vouchers cannot be used. You should be fine on the 1st as it doesn't say anything about fright nights at all.

(This is for cadbury)
Thanks Jack
Stan.H

AltonOperator wrote:All the Terms & Conditions say is that October 20th to 31st the vouchers cannot be used. You should be fine on the 1st as it doesn't say anything about fright nights at all.

(This is for cadbury)
Okay,  many thanks
hursty

The Fright Nights map doesn't feature Rumba Rapids, clearly closed for the rest of the season.

Other things to note;

3pm Closures
Angry Birds 4D (Becomes Walking Dead Advert Final Cut Cinema)
Rocky Express
Timber Tug Boat
Lumber Jump

Closed
Amity Beach & Wet Wet Wet
I'm a Celebrity
Rumba Rapids

Bizarrely Rush is shown on the map, perhaps an oversight, perhaps a last minute decision.
Nickolai

Yesterday Thorpe Park released a 2017 season video and I love the montage they have done. Is the music in the background used when they open the resort at 10:00am? I am pretty sure I have heard something very similar. I love also how the video clips are montaged to the bits of the music with the ride tunes.

[youtube]k37cig5v9tc[/youtube]
Formally Smiler313
Dom

It’s a mixture of different soundtracks around the park, so there is Fright Nights music, Colosuss music, The island song. The Island Song jungle version etc
Dom

2017 was the year the island was invaded with all sorts of monsters. From demon's rising to the dead awakening, the island saw it all. 

Did you visit the island like no other this year? Were you screaming in fear at the monsters? Than we'd love to hear from you!