Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Mitch

Dingerbell wrote: #-o

Do you understand that this is what almost everyone has said about it? They're saying that it's pretty good compared to other coaster models, but to other B&M inverts, it is not very good.
For me, 3 of the 4 other B&M inverts I've ridden are in my top 10 coasters, and that's pretty much my favourite coaster model and make. However, Nemesis Inferno places well below all the others, and surely that means it is inferior ;) to all the others. Despite this, it is still ranked fairly high up, as B&M make quality coasters.

I'm not sure you've even read the posts people have spent time to write.
Urrm... narrow-minded much?

I don't think that's fair at all. Why should he change his opinion and (admittedly slightly-overwhelming) enthusiasm for the ride because a few of us on here don't like the ride? You seem to be increasingly frustrated RG100 enjoys Inferno, I think you need to realise he's not asking for advice but for opinions. And I'll think you'll find there are a few of us who do have some good things to say about the ride, maybe you need to do some reading here...
CoasterCrazyChris

It's a B&M Inverter - it is going to be good by default, and I think that it is.

It is dull in the middle rows, but then again so is Nemesis.

Judt because it isn't as good as the original doesn't make it a bad ride.

:)
Dingerbell

Mitch wrote:
Dingerbell wrote: #-o

Do you understand that this is what almost everyone has said about it? They're saying that it's pretty good compared to other coaster models, but to other B&M inverts, it is not very good.
For me, 3 of the 4 other B&M inverts I've ridden are in my top 10 coasters, and that's pretty much my favourite coaster model and make. However, Nemesis Inferno places well below all the others, and surely that means it is inferior ;) to all the others. Despite this, it is still ranked fairly high up, as B&M make quality coasters.

I'm not sure you've even read the posts people have spent time to write.
Urrm... narrow-minded much?

I don't think that's fair at all. Why should he change his opinion and (admittedly slightly-overwhelming) enthusiasm for the ride because a few of us on here don't like the ride? You seem to be increasingly frustrated RG100 enjoys Inferno, I think you need to realise he's not asking for advice but for opinions. And I'll think you'll find there are a few of us who do have some good things to say about the ride, maybe you need to do some reading here...
I never said it was bad once at all (unlike some others), I just said it was worse compared to other rides of the same design. Don't just ask me, ask other people who've experienced different B&M inverts, and I'm sure they would agree with me. Even RG100 said Katun was better. I don't want to deter his enthusiasm at all, I want to voice my opinions on the subject. As Bear very rightly said, if everyone agreed on everything then this would be a very boring forum.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Thanks for the support guys. I just wanted to see why people despise Nemmie Inferno.

Credit to NemesisRider
Rocket

Nemesis inferno needs to just be called inferno, or something similar, I understand the whole brand with the inverted coaster but it's just not as good as nemesis.
Don't get me wrong though, I love inverts, and being my first inverted coaster, I still find nemesis inferno fun and a good coaster.
mrbrightside

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:It is dull in the middle rows, but then again so is Nemesis.
Woah, woah, woah! Nemmy might not be as forceful in the middle as it is in other places (something true of nearly all coasters), it is by no means dull!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
iNemesis

mrbrightside wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote:It is dull in the middle rows, but then again so is Nemesis.
Woah, woah, woah! Nemmy might not be as forceful in the middle as it is in other places (something true of nearly all coasters), it is by no means dull!

Agreed. Nemesis is downright entertaining, not dull!

How can you say that?!
CoasterCrazyChris

iNemesis wrote:
mrbrightside wrote:

Agreed. Nemesis is downright entertaining, not dull!

How can you say that?!
Ok, what I really mean is that the middle rows are dull compared to the sheer awesomeness of the front row (on both Inferno and Nemesis).

Ritadz

Front Row?

Pfft, it's all about the back row mate. ;)
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Most people only hate it due to a more thrilling brother over in Staffordshire. People prefer Nemesis for the themeing and experience. I have nothing against Inferno and many others, we are against the people who are "Nemesis Noobs" criticising and prefering Nemesis Inferno. It's textbook, you have to of rode Nemesis if you've rode Nemesis Inferno, the only think I don't like about Nemesis Inferno is the lazy late Tussauds themeing.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
AstroDan

What the heck is with this thread?

Nobody 'hates' Inferno. It's just generally not as highly rated as Nemesis.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
dominoes

I voted for theming. I quite like the ride, but I feel they really missed a trick with the volcano theme. They could have had so much fun with near misses and foot choppers.
Boz

i don't "hate" inferno, but it is extremely low on my list. i rate coasters by their re-ride-ability. i had fun on inferno the first time, yes it did have some good moments, but by my third ride on it it had already become dull for me. compare that to the Nemesis at AT, and well i'm still waiting for the time i get bored with it.
the actual volcano is good and has aged pretty well with all the vegetation now growing all over it, but that is where it ends. nothing else about the ride has any appeal to me.
and yes it SHOULD have just been called inferno. one of the most annoying things about it is it used the Nemesis name to promote itself, and had absolutely no justification for it.
and as for the fundamental ride experience, just based on track layout alone. if you took both rides out of their respective locations and plonked them in a car park, no themeing, no special effects. just the ride by itself, the origional Nemesis would still be better than it's little brother.

also can we have an option in the poll for "all of the above"
Last edited by Boz on Mon May 28, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poison Tom 96

Right i am going to compare with a coaster which has similar principles albeit it is a suspended coaster.

Vampire at CWOA is such a good ride IMO (I rate it above Inferno)  because the theming and atmosphere is amazing (well the station is). For thrill, Inferno may be more thrilling but much more dull in terms of the experience of the ride whilst you are on it.

Out of all inverted coasters I have ridden, Inferno rates the lowest but I will still ride is (5 times when I last went) because it is fun. People dislike Inferno as it is not the same quality product as something like Nemesis.
Last edited by Poison Tom 96 on Mon May 28, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dingerbell

Poison Tom 96 wrote: Right i am going to compare with an invert not even made by the same manufacturer.

Vampire at CWOA is such a good ride IMO (I rate it above Inferno)  because the theming and atmosphere is amazing (well the station is). For thrill, Inferno may be more thrilling but much more dull in terms of the experience of the ride whilst you are on it.

Out of all inverted coasters I have ridden, Inferno rates the lowest but I will still ride is (5 times when I last went) because it is fun. People dislike Inferno as it is not the same quality product as something like Nemesis.
Vampire is suspended  :P
dominoes

^He didn't say it wasn't. He said;
an invert not even made by the same manufacturer
EDIT----

Oops, sorry. Didn't get the joke...
Last edited by dominoes on Mon May 28, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dingerbell

dominoes wrote: ^He didn't say it wasn't. He said;
an invert not even made by the same manufacturer
Vampire is a suspended coaster, not a inverted coaster. It was meant as a joke, correcting him.
Islander

AstroDan wrote: What the heck is with this thread?

Nobody 'hates' Inferno. It's just generally not as highly rated as Nemesis.
^This. I mean, for people to say that Inferno is "bitterly despised" is just laughable, to be honest. While there may be one or two 'extremists' on this forum to which this applies (and I would seriously question their judgement), the majority simply do not rate it highly. I would hope that the majority see it as a good, or at least OK, coaster, just not one which is at any risk of beating others such as Nemesis.

Not highly rated ≠ hated, despised etc.

(Also, there really should be an option on the poll for "Eh? I don't hate it at all")
Dar

I think "bitterly despised" may be slightly hyperbolic, however that's not to say that I like the ride. It's a formula ride, designed by maths, and for that reason I really DO hate it.

From my non-fruit based phone.
RollercoasterGEEK100

OK, so now I know it's not hated. I really love the ride because it's fun and forceful on the back row. My cousin has ridden both and said both are good, just Nemesis is more intense that Inferno. So now I have everyones opinion I can relax. But carry on debating.
Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Mon May 28, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider