Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

I love the idea but there is part of 1 of the pictures I can’t take seriously. They are looking confused at a rock. I mean, it’s a rock!
ProfBurp

It sounds like a good idea, whether or not this will be as good in reality remains to be seen, but I am certainly keeping my fingers crossed! It sounds like a sort of Jumanji style of thing, with the ‘lost to the jungle forever’ keeping positive and hope it doesn’t disappoint. Pictures don’t do much to sell it, but hey best they could do with what they had I guess.
wamdue

£10 per person will very quickly add up, and its not something a single person does.
DeadJack5

Some light teasing on Thorpe Park's Twitter account.

Source: Thorpe Park's Twitter
Swarm Chris

Glitter? Stars? Fireworks?

:-k
ProfBurp

Possibly another event? I did think fireworks perhaps too. Maybe they’re doing some sort of retheme Whatever it is will be low budget no doubt so we shall have to see
Swarm Chris

My actual guess is Summer Lates.

The winter work videos showed the Stealth trains, whilst the GameFX media photos showed the ride area, which were both the same as previous years. :)
DeadJack5

I agree with Chris, a stary/night sky indicating late night riding? I guess we shall see since nothing about the Summer Lates were mentioned on the events poster.
Michelle

I'd love Summer Lates to return.
Luce

So would I, rides in the dark are always a winner especially if it's a nice summer evening :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

We seem to have the answer to what the teaser was for:

As posted on SouthParks social media, it’s been confirmed that The Luna Cinema will be coming to Thorpe Park during the May Bank Holiday weekend (25th and 26th), with showings of Back to the Future and Bohemian Rhapsody.

With doors opening at 7pm, there will be the opportunity for guests to enjoy rides on Stealth, Storm in a Teacup, Detonator: Bombs Away, and King Pig’s Wild Hog Dodgems, before the screening begins at 9pm.

General Admission tickets are priced at £27.50, but guests wanting a seat provided will need to purchase a Seated Admission ticket for £35. It seems backrests and blankets are also upcharge, at a price of £15 and £12 respectively.

More details and tickets are available here.
Swarm Chris

Sounds pretty awesome, hopefully the weather is good. Seems like it should be a nice relaxed evening event. :)
Michelle

I really wish I lived closer, if the weather is good this would be brilliant!
Dan says hi

Thorpe Park have announced that Stealth, Quantum and Wet Wet Wet will all be closed on the annual pass holders day. Obviously it’s not a surprise to see Wet Wet Wet closed but it’s disappointing that Stealth and Quantum are closed especially after Quantum received quite major maintenance last closed season as well which caused it too open late then as well!
Wagstaff04

Could anyone tell me the best seat for each major coaster?
Swarm Chris

Wagstaff04 wrote:Could anyone tell me the best seat for each major coaster?
Swarm: Back Right outside, or front row outside either side.

Inferno: Back

Stealth: Back

Colossus: Front - but not absolute front row, queue will be ridiculous.

Saw: Doesn't exist :sus:
DeadJack5

Swarm Chris wrote:Saw: Doesn't exist :sus:
Get out.

Saw: 2nd dispatched train front row in the middle is (in my opinion) the best way to experience the full ride.
Swarm Chris

Well the park have now confirmed themselves what we already knew. Brilliant marketing line for it:
UK's first Luna Cinema experience at Thorpe Park Resort!
Note, it's not the UK's first Luna Cinema experience, it's the UK's first Luna Cinema experience that happens at Thorpe Park. :roll:

Can't wait to celebrate other genuine and worthwhile mentioning UK firsts at Thorpe Park this year. Such as the UK's first 2019 Thorpe Park Annual Passholder Preview Event, next week.
Dom

DeadJack5 wrote:
Swarm Chris wrote:Saw: Doesn't exist :sus:
Get out.

Saw: 2nd dispatched train front row in the middle is (in my opinion) the best way to experience the full ride.
I have to agree with Jack on this. It really is the best way to fully experience everything this coaster has to offer :)  Colossus you really do need to be nearer the front end of the train. its so much smoother than the back half of the train. Swarm, I am partial to the left hand side, but the right hand side is a bit more intense. If you've never done front row than I do recommend doing it at least once. Stealth is back, without a doubt, Same with Nemesis Inferno. Walking Dead and Flying Fish it really don't matter.
Htjc_

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but on Thorpe's 2019 logo thingy the back two rows of The Swarm are reversed. Now it's possible (likely) that they just used previous promotional images and shoved them together but the track is shaped to fit the infinity logo. I did love brave it backwards and would love to see it return.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!