Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
tallicay2k

So it's being dismantled but gonna be up n running in 2014, o my brain, I'm confused.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Chris
Admin
Admin

Spare parts for Rush me thinks..
X/: no way out

Yeah it is being dismantled temporarily while they fix it

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
SwEDEN

^ Merlin Approves :lol:
SuperWill

I don't want Slammer to go as I only got to ride it on the 3rd and 4th of May this year! I want Slammer to stay as it is the last of it's kind! Once Slammer goes that will be it! No more Sky Swats will ever be seen or built again! :( :(

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Danny

I've never been on it as it's always shut when I go
Kimberley

I personally really enjoy riding Colossus. Yes, it is rough, but if you sit nearer the front then this is reduced :) What I also love about it is how interactive the ride is with the public - it makes walking through Lost City much more interesting when you can watch it go past you at the same time :) I would, however, like to see a more prominent theme, as this is something that I have never really understood about it.
Thanks to Danny for the signature (:
jon18uk

There is a lot of empty space between Slammer, X and the BBQ tent so would be nice if they used it for something, could almost fit two flat rides in or maybe something bigger?
obliviongirl

I personally think it's going to be SBNO for the 2014 season, and we'll just see what happens from there. It's a shame that it is almost undoubtedly going to be leaving, as a lot of us, myself included, never got to ride it. I first visited Thorpe for the first time in years back in spring 2012, and every time I've visited since then, it's been closed. The only time I can remember it operating is when I visited in 2006, when it was still fairly new.
tallicay2k

I don't understand the theming around Thorpe at all. No where near as magical as AT. Ok you have colossus and swarm thay are pretty well themed but that's about it.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
sw7nutter

Reading all the comments am i the only person ever to ride slammer more than twice this season.
shame to see it go but if you think about a ride with that reliability has to go.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Danny

tallicay2k wrote: I don't understand the theming around Thorpe at all. No where near as magical as AT. Ok you have colossus and swarm thay are pretty well themed but that's about it.
Saw is better themed than colossus. Come to think of it what do you think colossus theme is?
Burniel

danny.g97 wrote:
tallicay2k wrote: I don't understand the theming around Thorpe at all. No where near as magical as AT. Ok you have colossus and swarm thay are pretty well themed but that's about it.
Saw is better themed than colossus. Come to think of it what do you think colossus theme is?
Once on an alton towers forum ...
Members complained about a rough coaster ...
Thorpe park listened in ...
And colossus was born! 

^story of colossus
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
themealgang

I will be gutted if Slammer has indeed slammed for the final time (awful pun, I know).

It's a brilliant ride. S&S flat rides seem to be plagued with downtime, anyway. The fact that it has gone from their ride catalogue is disappointing to see. They must be focusing more on their coasters (and obsession with compressed air) now rather than innovative flat rides.

The only ride of its kind in the world is no more by the looks of things. The Sky Swat is dead. S&S must be feeling so demoralised! As long as the space is used to Thorpe's advantage, then I will be happy. Maybe we are finally going to see one of the flat rides they promised in their development plan!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
SwEDEN

themealgang wrote: I will be gutted if Slammer has indeed slammed for the final time (awful pun, I know).

It's a brilliant ride. S&S flat rides seem to be plagued with downtime, anyway. The fact that it has gone from their ride catalogue is disappointing to see. They must be focusing more on their coasters (and obsession with compressed air) now rather than innovative flat rides.

The only ride of its kind in the world is no more by the looks of things. The Sky Swat is dead. S&S must be feeling so demoralised! As long as the space is used to Thorpe's advantage, then I will be happy. Maybe we are finally going to see one of the flat rides they promised in their development plan!
Gerstlauer Sky Fly please! :)
Danny

Gerstlauer sky roller looks nicer
SwEDEN

danny.g97 wrote: Gerstlauer sky roller looks nicer
I'm sorry, but in my opinion, this:

(sky fly)

looks nicer than this:

(sky roller)
TheOutpatient

I can't help but notice more jeers at Merlin but speaking from pure experience here, its always been better to be positive and creative towards them. I mean I appreciate blunt honesty sometimes, as will they but there's a difference between that and repeated jeering. I say this in a time where I'm seeing improvements and more money being spent. You have to think, if you wanna get rid of Merlin, changing hands is gonna cost a lot of money and time. I like to believe in Merlin as being a creative empire and therefor speak to/about them in the creative language rather than the language of marketing or criticism (though I am well capable!!).

Anyways, a lot of the rides suggested are low through put- but in a park with as many big rides as Thorpe, its probably better placed than in a small park where it would get huge queues.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Crafty

This should put a end to all the Slammer chat:
Hi Josh,

We had hoped to get Slammer back open for Fright Nights, but unfortunately this is looking unlikely, which is why we have removed it from our Fright Nights map.

We're not ruling anything out, but we don't want to build people's expectations that it will be running in time :)
http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/10332-slammer/
RollercoasterGEEK100

I think Thorpe Parks next 10 years looks so promising!

Credit to NemesisRider