Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Morgan

The website has been redesigned, similiar to the new Towers website.
Dan

So, this happened today.

I’ve heard of it happening before but never seen picture or video evidence until now.
Swarm Chris

As posted by SouthParks News, Thorpe Park have announced that the launch party Saturday Night KISS has been postponed. On its website the park wrote:

"Following the latest Government advice as of 16th March, it was advised that where possible the public refrain from visiting cafes, bars and restaurants. The venue where we were due to hold this event falls within this category and therefore we have decided to postpone it. We will look to reschedule this event for a future date."

Refunds are available to guests who bought tickets or hotel packages. For more information see the Thorpe Park website linked.

https://www.thorpepark.com/explore/them ... ight-kiss/
Dan

Thorpe Park have updated their COVID-19 response, following similar information published by Alton Towers this afternoon.

Tickets dated upto 1st May can be used on any open day this season except for FRIGHT NIGHTS. Additionally, the park will operate social distancing policies, particularly in queue lines.

Full information can be found here.
Swarm Chris

As posted by SouthParks News, Thorpe Park Resort have updated their COVID-19 response to state a number of attractions will be closed this weekend for passholder preview.

Derren Brown’s Ghost Train, Jungle Escape and Angry Birds 4D will not be open on 21st March. A review will take place to determine if they open on the official opening day on 27th March.

Additionally a number of restaurants will be closed this weekend including The Cantina, Nitrogenie, Amity Doughnut Bites, Fish & Chips, Peckish, Amity Hot Dog Hut, Wilderness Waffles and Old Town Grill.

More information can be found in the link.

https://www.thorpepark.com/about-thorpe ... ronavirus/
Swarm Chris

Thorpe Park Resort has announced that the start of the 2020 theme park season will be postponed in light of the recent measures announced by the UK Government as a result of the COVID-19 virus. The Annual Pass Preview day scheduled for Saturday 21st March has also been cancelled.

The Resort have confirmed that the theme park will remain closed until further notice. Those with hotel bookings are advised they will be contacted if their stay falls before 25th April.

Further updates will be provided as and when the Resort is able to provide further information.
rainbowryder

Bert wrote:If anyone hasn't watched the show, you can watch it in any order and I highly recommend the episodes: "Shut up and Dance", "The National Anthem", "San Junipero", "The Waldo Moment", "Bandersnatch", "White Christmas", "Smithereens" and "USS Callister". They're all on Netflix and Season 1 - 4 can be brought as DVDs (Season 1 and 2 also originally aired on Channel 4).
Don't forget Nosedive! That's my favourite episode 
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Interesting (and not exactly reassuring) revelation from Charlie Brooker in an interview, that he’s not really had any involvement in this attraction:

Something that is very Black Mirror is the Black Mirror Labyrinth experience that was due to open at Thorpe Park in March – because the country went into quarantine and nobody has been through it. What’s it like?

“Well, I’m not really involved in any of that, so I’ll be as interested as anyone will be to find out what it is.”

Do you quite like the idea of it just sitting there unused?

“Especially because they’ve been setting up COVID-19 testing stations in theme park car parks. There, that’s the ultimate immersive Black Mirror experience.”
Coaster Chall

See that worries me because I am anxious that this experience won't be as good as I first thought. It could just be first reactions, but I'm not sure
Chris
Admin
Admin

We have redone the SouthParks Phantom Phantasia / Wicked Witches Haunt feature and added some new images.

Anyone have any fond memories of the attraction?
Dan

As reported on SouthParks social media; Thorpe Park Resort have this morning launched their online shop, allowing fans of the resort to buy merchandise and souvenirs online for the very first time.

Featuring a number of items that are New for 2020, as well as a selection of retro clothing and pin badges, there’s a wide range of products that allow you to bring a piece of the Island Like No Other into your home.

Will you be making a purchase?
Dan

As reported on SouthParks social media; Thorpe Park Resort and Chessington World of Adventures Resort have updated their websites to confirm that, in line with current government guidance, they expect to be able to reopen from 4th July 2020.

Thorpe Park Resort have also announced that the opening of Black Mirror Labyrinth will be postponed until Spring 2021.

Guests are advised to look out in the coming weeks for further information around opening times, as well as updated FAQ’s around the health, safety and operational measures that will be in place when the theme parks reopen.
Htjc_

Hi everyone,

Jack Silkstone recently uploaded a video on the new Thorpe Park merch available. At the end of the video there was a teaser for a new video that will be outlining some of the changes for the 2020 season.

This will likely be mainly specific changes Thorpe have made due to Covid-19, however there was a shot of Slammer for a second. I doubt this means anything in the way of a reopening but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Even if it's just about Covid-19 changes I still think it may have some useful information in there for anyone visiting soon.

The video is linked here: https://youtu.be/gvPmWjgukO8

Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
KaiPhillips

Htjc_ wrote:Hi everyone,

Jack Silkstone recently uploaded a video on the new Thorpe Park merch available. At the end of the video there was a teaser for a new video that will be outlining some of the changes for the 2020 season.

This will likely be mainly specific changes Thorpe have made due to Covid-19, however there was a shot of Slammer for a second. I doubt this means anything in the way of a reopening but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Even if it's just about Covid-19 changes I still think it may have some useful information in there for anyone visiting soon.

The video is linked here: https://youtu.be/gvPmWjgukO8

Did notice some interesting things at the end of that video!

The shot of Slammer is likely because this is where the entrance to Black Mirror Labyrinth will be :)
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA
Dan

KaiPhillips wrote: Did notice some interesting things at the end of that video!

The shot of Slammer is likely because this is where the entrance to Black Mirror Labyrinth will be :)
I don't think that clip of Slammer at the end of the video will have any relevance to the 2020 season.

Slammer is dead and Black Mirror Labyrinth has already been confirmed to be delayed until 2021.
KaiPhillips

Dan wrote:
KaiPhillips wrote: Did notice some interesting things at the end of that video!

I don't think that clip of Slammer at the end of the video will have any relevance to the 2020 season.

Slammer is dead and Black Mirror Labyrinth has already been confirmed to be delayed until 2021.
Yes Black Mirror Labyrinth is opening in 2021 however I think we can safely assume that work constructing the entrance and any kind of facade has already commenced or been completed.  
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA
Morgan

Thorpe Park have announced they will be hosting a new Oktoberfest event this Autumn.

Unlike the family friendly event scheduled at Alton Towers, Thorpe Park will be catering primarily for adults with a Germanic drinking festival that runs on the the 18th-20th, 25th–27th September, and 2nd–4th October.

Are you interested to discover more about this new event?
Dan says hi

These are the rides which have been taken off the app so presumably won’t be reopening on Saturday:
• Lumber Jump
• Rocky Express
• Timber Tug Boat
• DBGT: ROTD
• The Walking Dead: The Ride
• Rumba Rapids
• Depth Charge
• Tidal Wave
• Rush

From what I’ve seen, Rush has got other non-covid related issues, and won’t be open for quite some time!
NemeJaney

It would be interesting to compare the Thorpe and Towers events, and I think it's good that one is aimed at adults and one is more family-friendly.

It will also be interesting to see how many "guest illnesses" occur as a result!
cowolter

I wonder if Towers are carrying on with theirs? 

Oktoberfest is a blast. Most friendly beer drinking event I've ever been to. It's really a conglomeration of all travelers, which is completely fine.