Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Tom170499

I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but is there MAP discount on the Coke Freestyle cups? 
Swarm Chris

Tom170499 wrote:I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but is there MAP discount on the Coke Freestyle cups? 
There sure is. I can't remember exactly the price of the cup (although off the top of my head it's about £2 cheaper than standard), then refills are £4 (£6 without MAP) per visit.
Tom170499

Swarm Chris wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but is there MAP discount on the Coke Freestyle cups? 
There sure is. I can't remember exactly the price of the cup (although off the top of my head it's about £2 cheaper than standard), then refills are £4 (£6 without MAP) per visit.
Thanks Chris! :)
Swarm Chris

I may have just never noticed it this year, but it appears that Proper Cornish have been relocated to Peckish rather than outright removed.

I didn't really see any sign of them at the counter this weekend, but it would be great if they are regularly available. Especially given the increased popularity of Sombrero's making the queue longer :lol.

Luce

I had a burger at Fins on the day of the Southern Screamer and whilst it was ok, I do think the reduced menu is a bit of a shame as they used to have a pretty good selection of dishes to choose from.  Having said that, the pasty place looks interesting so I may check it out next time I'm at Thorpe :)
Camerond

Me and my friend are staying in the Shark Hotel for a couple of nights. Having just turned 18, we are thinking of going for a night out in London. Is it easy enough to get there and back without the use of a car? Also, is it possible to get in and out of the Thorpe Park gates at - for example - 4am, the time we'd be back. Or is there any alternative places/ towns nearby that are good for 18 year olds? Thanks.
ProfBurp

Dan wrote:
Swarm Chris wrote:Jungle Escape has now dropped in price by £3 across all tickets to be: £7 on the day; £6 pre-booked; and £5 for annual pass.
Thorpe Park in “upcharge attraction not being as successful as we hoped so we’re having to drop the price” shocker.

Along with the AT Dungeon struggling to attract visitors too, will this show Merlin that upcharge attractions in the theme park environment don’t work?
Hopefully someone will realise that this is not the way to go! Yes nobody was keen on IAC but at least it was free!
ProfBurp

Swarm Chris wrote:Well it's definitely not re-opening.  :P

It would be fairly amazing if the park now quietly forgets about the auction, given the way they made such a big thing about its definite removal and subsequent auction in the run-up to the season starting.

I guess the auction is expected to make a splash-back real soon. :sus:
Love this comment! However lets hope that the auction will not be yet another addition to the TP 'Splash back soon' policy they seem to apply to many things!
Swarm Chris

ProfBurp wrote: Hopefully someone will realise that this is not the way to go! Yes nobody was keen on IAC but at least it was free!
Really hope so too. It's a great little attraction, with some fantastic characters that the actors portray and decent quality puzzles. But it sadly seems to have sat empty for the majority of its time, seemingly due to the cost. With the new lower cost this weekend, there were certainly more people going in, which I'm sure is a major boost for those working on the attraction.

The capacity of it will mean that it needs to be ticketed one way or the other. But I think it would have been better if operated similar to Zombie Hunt last year, rather than opening with what was a very high price of admission.
Dom

Food options at all the Merlin Parks are quite dull really. It’s basic, cheap food that they can make a profit on and doesn’t require any skill to make/reheat. It’s such a shame that the food options are so terrible. Theme parks are supposed to be fun places where even the food should be magical, but Merlin Parks are terrible.
KaiPhillips

This has been painted on a colossus support towards bouncezilla. I haven't noticed it on any supports other than this one.

#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA
KaiPhillips

Some screens were on today.
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA
Swarm Chris

Some new merchandise available today. Perhaps we could see a BounceZilla pillow in the future?

Swarm Chris

Camerond wrote:Me and my friend are staying in the Shark Hotel for a couple of nights. Having just turned 18, we are thinking of going for a night out in London. Is it easy enough to get there and back without the use of a car? Also, is it possible to get in and out of the Thorpe Park gates at - for example - 4am, the time we'd be back. Or is there any alternative places/ towns nearby that are good for 18 year olds? Thanks.
You would need to go via Staines station, but I have no idea of the frequency of trains, or how long they run, to Waterloo. Some people go into Staines itself.

Access to the hotel is 24 hours, but it is the other side of the park entrance. You should be given access information, however there is an information board by the hotel car park (to the left of the park entrance) that has a contact mobile number of the on duty person if you arrive late at night.
Swarm Chris

As reported on SouthParks News, this weekend saw the 2019 Malibu Boats UK Wakeboard Nationals take place at Thorpe Park Resort.

Hosted by LDB Wakeschool, who operate throughout the year providing wakeboarding instruction and experiences inside the Resort, the event provided lively entertainment for spectators whilst being of national importance for the competitors. With music and commentary, the waterside area had a continual crowd of spectators.

This happened on a perfect weekend at the Resort. It was perhaps the busiest day of the season so far, with crowd levels similar to that of peak Fright Nights, with the overflow car park starting to be used around 11am, and it being almost full across the entire length of the car park by the end of the day. The atmosphere from the event, along with music and commentary across a PA, was fantastic and I spent a good couple of hours watching what was going on.
Camerond

Swarm Chris wrote:
Camerond wrote:Me and my friend are staying in the Shark Hotel for a couple of nights. Having just turned 18, we are thinking of going for a night out in London. Is it easy enough to get there and back without the use of a car? Also, is it possible to get in and out of the Thorpe Park gates at - for example - 4am, the time we'd be back. Or is there any alternative places/ towns nearby that are good for 18 year olds? Thanks.
You would need to go via Staines station, but I have no idea of the frequency of trains, or how long they run, to Waterloo. Some people go into Staines itself.

Access to the hotel is 24 hours, but it is the other side of the park entrance. You should be given access information, however there is an information board by the hotel car park (to the left of the park entrance) that has a contact mobile number of the on duty person if you arrive late at night.
Thanks mate :)
Dom

The trains run about every 20 minutes to London and last train back is just before midnight I believe.
Swarm Chris

Guest feedback from the park doesn't make pretty reading tonight. Complaints of long traffic traffic jams getting into the car park, long queues for security, drinks running out (unclear what drinks), then the usual stand still getting out of the car park.

I experienced the long queue to get in last week, and queued for about 40 minutes from the M25 Heathrow side, although that appeared to be a mix of issues with Ascot races until I was the otherside of Staines when it was all Thorpe traffic. This weekend Google Maps suggested it was queued from Staines. Two issues seem to cause this, sheer volume of traffic, but also everyone trying to force themselves into a single lane on entry and poor traffic management / site design. On the positive side though, it does appear a lot more people are visiting the park than last year.

I've managed to avoid the getting out disaster by luck so far this year on some days, especially last weekend when only 2 barriers were operational when I left (cone infront of one, bag over the reader of another) and the car park and overflow were at near capacity.

For all the work done improving other aspects of the park, with the improved operations noticeably reducing queue times last weekend with respect to the number of guests in the park, it's a real shame that access to the site is yet again causing problems. Seemingly nothing has been done to improve this, despite public statements a new parking system would be in place. Only the second weekend of summer, I fear for what is to come.
nemmyrules

Help, nervous coaster enthusiast!

Hello everyone, my name is George and I am terrified of riding Colossus. I have ridden every other coaster in the park multiple times and have not found an issue, but I'm terrified of being sick on Colossus. I am severely emetophobic, which means I am essentially terrified of vomit. I have ridden all of the rollercoasters except for the Smiler at Alton Towers for the same reason. My favourite ride is Nemesis, and that is intense as hell so I just want to know if Colossus makes you feel as sick as other rides on the park. Obviously as an aging Intamin it isn't going to be smooth but I'm just worried about how sick them quadruple heartline rolls and the reverse one at the end will make me feel. Thank you!
Justin

It is hard to say exactly how you will feel as we will all react differently, however, if you've conquered all of the other rides at Thorpe Park and Alton Towers (obviously not counting The Smiler) then I am confident that you'll be absolutely fine.

The heart line rolls are fun. They don't make you feel sick or dizzy, so you'll be fine. Yes, it is rougher than some coasters but in reality it is not that bad!