Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
DeadJack5

As reported by SouthParks News, Thorpe Park Resort celebrated a major milestone this weekend with the Island reaching its 40th birthday on Friday 24th May. To mark the occasion, the Island hosted a long weekend of celebrations including the launch of their newest attraction for the summer – BounceZilla! SouthParks visited the Island to experience the celebrations. Also celebrating a significant birthday in 2019 is Saw – The Ride which has seen Jigsaw play his twisted games at Thorpe Park Resort for 10 years.

Dom

Bouncezilla is everything you’d expect from it. It’s fun but my god is it exhausting! I got half way round and I was dead. It’s such a fun thing for the park to have and I recommend that people go and give it a go.

Jungle Escape is a weird one. It’s like two separate attractions merged together. The escape room puzzles are fun and some thought is required, but there are only 2 rooms of puzzles, so once you start getting into the escape room side, it’s over. The second part of the attraction is basically I’m A Celebrity with a really bad story that doesn’t quite make much sense. In its current form, it is not worth the price, both normal and MAP, but it’s nice to see the park trying to do something a bit different. I do wish there was more puzzles to solve and less of a story that’s a bit confused. They could easily add at least one more puzzle room and make that last room a big group puzzle to unlock the exit.
Morgan

Bit of a silly one but what's the deal with bags on Bouncezilla? Just thinking I'll be needing my water bottle throughout :lol
Swarm Chris

Morgan wrote:Bit of a silly one but what's the deal with bags on Bouncezilla? Just thinking I'll be needing my water bottle throughout :lol
Bags, shoes and anything else are left in boxes at the start of the attraction. There is no wristband scheme, and whilst this area is meant to be limited to just those currently on BounceZilla, there's probably not much to stop anyone accessing the area.

Dan

Swarm Chris wrote:Some news:

Source
Good :)
Wickerwoman

Anyone find it strange that the ride is still SBNO? They said there would be an auction in May yet there is still no sign of this
Robert.W

Lol, why am I not surprised.

Dan

Wickerwoman wrote:Anyone find it strange that the ride is still SBNO? They said there would be an auction in May yet there is still no sign of this
I don’t find it strange that the ride is still SBNO, neither do I find it strange that the auction hasn’t yet been held.

It’s Thorpe, they don’t seem to know from one day to the next what is going on :lol
Swarm Chris

Well it's definitely not re-opening. :P

It would be fairly amazing if the park now quietly forgets about the auction, given the way they made such a big thing about its definite removal and subsequent auction in the run-up to the season starting.

I guess the auction is expected to make a splash-back real soon. :sus:
abigsmurf

Delays in planning permission for a replacement? Surely whatever happens though, tearing it down has to happen so it's best to do it whilst they can still sell off bits of it rather than everything rusting, rotting and collapsing.
Justin

Apart from a few boats and perhaps some signs, I can't see what they will auction? It isn't like the Flume where they have ducks to sell.

One thing I've never understood is why theming elements from past attractions are not recycled, especially when rides such as Rumba could do with more. Of course they would have to fit in with the areas theme, but it would make more sense.
Swarm Chris

Jungle Escape has now dropped in price by £3 across all tickets to be: £7 on the day; £6 pre-booked; and £5 for annual pass.
Swarm Chris

That's a good question. There was a tiny amount of theming after what used to be the tunnel and in the station, but other than that perhaps not much other than boats.
Dan

Swarm Chris wrote:Jungle Escape has now dropped in price by £3 across all tickets to be: £7 on the day; £6 pre-booked; and £5 for annual pass.
Thorpe Park in “upcharge attraction not being as successful as we hoped so we’re having to drop the price” shocker.

Along with the AT Dungeon struggling to attract visitors too, will this show Merlin that upcharge attractions in the theme park environment don’t work?
DeadJack5

[/center]
As part of the Southern Screamer event at Thorpe Park, attendees took part in an hour long ride session of Nemesis Inferno. Take a look at the on-ride POV recorded at the event for the front and rear.
DeadJack5

Thorpe Park will be the venue for the 2019 Malibu Boats Wakeboarding Nationals on the 22nd-23rd of June, offering the garden area by Fin's as a viewing point for the event.

Swarm Chris

In a bid I suspect to try and make the station operate a little more efficiently, the gate on the baggage rack has been removed.

In theory it should have been moved by staff after each train, but in reality there was never enough time with all the rechecks that occur on Colossus, meaning only half the rack was only ever usable.

Seemed to make the process a little quicker. Next step I guess would be to replace the trains! :lol
Swarm Chris

After smelling like the water system has had a fairly significant clean, the water jets by the helicopter are back on! :)
Justin

It was good to see them back on last weekend. Hopefully, they will get the TV screens and audio sorted too as it certainly adds to the area!