Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Swarm Chris

Thorpe Park have released a teaser puzzle for Jungle Escape. Can you decode it?

Your map of The Island will guide you through, use the numbers and symbols to uncover this clue!

Hint: You will need a copy of the park map. See this SouthParks Facebook post for a digital version.
Swarm Chris

A second puzzle has appeared for the build up to Friday's launch of Jungle Escape.

Going back in time is the key to this one. Take a look at our tweets to see what we’ve done

DeadJack5

Thorpe Park have announced the Club MTV event for the summer which will take place across 3 nights. More details including artists coming soon.

Source: Thorpe Park Facebook

Dom

I'm thinking its this years version of Ministry of Sound nights. 
Swarm Chris

I'm intrigued to see if this is 3 nights spread out over summer, or a single weekend where Friday-Sunday are late night openings.

If it's over a single weekend, could we see different events taking place each weekend during summer?
DeadJack5

Another teaser puzzle for Jungle Escape has been released by Thorpe Park

Source: Thorpe Park's Facebook

Swarm Chris

Fin's has reopened for lunch today, running the same reduced menu that was seen at preview day.

Weirdly, the Fin's House Burger has had a slight change with a brioche bun now used. I'm not sure I overly like the combination. The chips were good though.

Swarm Chris

As reported on SouthParks social media, a new range of 40th anniversary items have been released, including a mug, hoody and pin badge.

It appeared that the items were extremely popular, with the hoody in particular running low of stock on the shelf. Myself, I got a couple of mugs and a pin badge. :)
Swarm Chris

As reported on SouthParks social media the screens around Jungle Escape have been taken down, in preparation for the attraction's opening in a couple of weeks.

It's a shame that the opening has been delayed, but I'm looking forward to seeing just what they have turned this attraction into.
Daswagone

Sorry, I know I'm very late to the conversation, but I always thought the MMXX=? represented the parks uncertainty to whether the project would even happen in 2020 (as suggested by the question mark). I believe this was placed by the park to show they aren't considering a large 2020 addition anymore, and are maybe going with something smaller, like a flat maybe on the Slammer site, and then getting a coaster in 2021?

This would also fit in with Merlin's development pattern of Medium (retheme of X to Walking Dead) and Large (Fright Nights), Small (the pretty much nothing we are getting this year), Medium again (a new flat for 2020) and finally Large (a coaster for 2021).
DeadJack5

The first 2 nights of the ClubMTV event have been announced via Thorpe Park's Facebook

Justin

Never heard of any of the featured!

Good to see that they are continuing the MOS style events!
GregH94

Justin wrote:Never heard of any of the featured!

Good to see that they are continuing the MOS style events!
Neither have I, because I generally try to avoid bad music  :lol
DeadJack5

The third and final night of the ClubMTV event has been announced via Thorpe Park's Facebook

Robert.W

It’s a bit embarrassing that they can’t get even one fairly well known name to headline this. 

RobertMaina

See, thats what I don't understand. If last year was a medium/ large year why didn't they listen to the people and bring in a coaster. How does the money get sucked into FN if 2018's wasn't the best year on park? A new flat for 2020 is possible in my opinion however, they need to start before the turn of closed season. Similar to you, I can see a 2021 coaster. That's the year I'm thinking we shall see a ride. 
theparklifekid

RobertMaina wrote:See, thats what I don't understand. If last year was a medium/ large year why didn't they listen to the people and bring in a coaster. How does the money get sucked into FN if 2018's wasn't the best year on park? A new flat for 2020 is possible in my opinion however, they need to start before the turn of closed season. Similar to you, I can see a 2021 coaster. That's the year I'm thinking we shall see a ride. 
The issue with flats are that they just aren't as marketable as a coaster. Plus after a while flat ride popularity does down quite a margin and when you put in maintenance costs, they just ain't a worthwhile investment.
I also think Merlin just doen't trust Thorpe with their new attraction money. The Swarm while a great ride diddn't help attendance. Ghost Train was an incredible failure that cost a lot. Most of Walking Dead was spent on IP rights and reception to it wasn't great. So why would they give them a bunch of money?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Swarm Chris

I think the 4 yearly cycle has gone from Thorpe, definitely in the short term. I can't help but think the park went through a period of management pulling it in every direction and perhaps throwing more and more money into trying to fix Ghost Train. My suspicion is that once any management issues have been fully resolved and any knock on effects repaired, then they'll produce their next attraction.

I'm not sure there's a concept of Merlin not trusting Thorpe with development funds. I suspect Thorpe have to pitch an idea to get funds, rather than going to Merlin and asking for money for projects that they'll figure out later. So for any attraction spending mistakes Thorpe may have made, I would suspect someone at Merlin also signed off on them before they occurred.
DeadJack5

As reported on SouthParks Facebook, Jungle Escape is a really fun experience with a good mix of humour and interaction.

The puzzles are pitched just right with them being the right level of difficulty so they're not too easy but still pose a decent challenge. Whilst we can't spoil exactly what the puzzles are, they are very much in the style of some of the challenges seen in The Crystal Maze.

Are you planning to try and escape from the jungle when Jungle Escape opens?

DeadJack5

As report on SouthParks News, this weekend (12th May), Thorpe Park Resort opened the doors to their newest escape room experience, Jungle Escape, for an invited group to preview the Island’s newest addition. SouthParks were amongst those invited to try and escape the Jungle Arena, the following link does contain spoilers from the attraction