Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
DeadJack5

Unless Thorpe really do pull something unexpected and superb out of the bag, they have really ruined the chance to do something truly special for their 40th birthday.
GregH94

The sooner they get a new coaster and social media manager the better - otherwise their negative public reception will surpass even Nickelback!  :lol
Swarm Chris

Well, as if by magic... again...

Thorpe Park selects new consumer PR agency
Thorpe Park resort has chosen Popcorn as its retained consumer PR agency, following a three-way pitch, PRWeek can reveal.

"Thorpe Park Resort has been on our wish list for many years and we are thrilled to welcome such an iconic consumer attraction to the Popcorn portfolio," Popcorn founder Louise Lloyd said. "From brief to pitch we were genuinely engaged by the endless creative opportunities afforded to us with such a loved and established UK destination and are delighted to be their PR partner for what’s set to be an incredibly thrilling year ahead."

Becky Elkin, head of PR at Thorpe Park Resort, added: "As a business centred around fun, thrill and excitement, the success of 2019, which mark’s the Resort’s 40th Year, and our series of exciting new events is key, and we’re confident in Popcorn’s ability to support us in our plans."
Good timing perhaps?
Swarm Chris

And double post for the comedy.

The entertainers they were hiring for? As Metro puts it:
The event promises a ‘fully-immersive audience experience’ – with immersion only possibly broken by a Mario and Luigi combo fresh from Del Boy’s van.

These are all images supplied to Metro from Thorpe Park. Really. That's what Metro say.

Look like genuine licensed versions too...
Htjc_

It's worse than I thought... There are no words for this.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
jamesallgood

On the theme of awful sponsorship... at least the new Tidal Wave sponsorship isn't as bad as the old Fanta stuff at towers ;)  
https://themeparkguide.biz/news-page/Th ... on-Roundup
Adz
Admin
Admin

Those costumes are really something. I’m not sure how to describe them on here without violating the bad word filter. :/
Swarm Chris

Fairly sure no one sponsored these monstrosities :lol
Ladyofthelake

I don't even know what to say to those images published in Metro. Yes, you would expect the Resort to put out something to the press to annouce the gaming event, however these images don't create the best of impressions. I really, really hope the Resort have something else lined up for the summer and that there are plans to improve FRIGHT NIGHTS for this year, otherwise I fear that the Resort may see a very pooor year :(
Htjc_

I know this seems bad, and that's because it is. But Thorpe have done some great things this closed season. The winter work series has been amazing in my opinion and given a good insight into their work. Thorpe have said in their statement about events in the future, so there will hopefully be better to come.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
theparklifekid

Actual reaction to those pictures.

Its like they're aware of the awfulness that this past week has been, they're trying to be self aware, but its not working.

I saw a few facebook comments of non enthusiasts basically saying 'Why should I take my kids out to a theme park to get them away from video games, only for them to play video games whist there?' Which I think is a valid reason. HYPD don't even have much of an online presence. Not that many followers for them to be a big headlining act, you'd be better off to get one of the bigger theme park youtubers to host :lol They are saying don't judge the event until you see it but honestly I'm expecting it just to be a bunch of xboxes and some tvs in a extremely hot room where you can pay £7 for a game of beat saber.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
DeadJack5

Honestly, it looks tacky and very unprofessional. I'm really not impressed with Thorpe's pre-season marketing so far, it just doesn't look like they care about this being their 40th year.
PhNx Survivor

As someone who enjoys a bit of cosplay every now and again, I can say that the Fortnite characters are pretty good I guess.. Sonic could be a lot better.. but what in the world is that Mario and Luigi costumes..

Literally looks like they have gone to the party store 'LuvUBabes' and got a cheap outfit for £10..

If this is the "magic" that Thorpe/Merlin can give to the GP, then this in my eyes is an insult to the gaming community.. especially since they holding eSports! Enraged isn't even a good enough word for this.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
ProfBurp

This is very disappointing from Thorpe, it looks like they just tried to come up with some quick marketing to try cover bad press and bad reactions, so they shoved a few people in tacky costumes, someone got out their smartphone took a few photos and emailed them over to the metro! Like seriously, what are they doing, they need to get their act together pretty quickly or in a very quick timeframe there won’t be a park to promote....
DeadJack5

Thorpe seem to be dropping a lot of promotional material at the moment with this being tweeted just minutes ago

Hinting at work taking place around The Jungle area maybe?
ProfBurp

Yes just seen this one on twitter! Interesting how all of the stuff they’re dropping keeps using variations of their logo. I know that there was some things planned that way but they never went into exactly what that was.
Last edited by ProfBurp on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadJack5

That's a very good point. The use of this "infinity" symbol has been seen a lot, from the introduction of the gaming event, to the season pass and now this Jungle teaser.

But again saying that, it is part of the Thorpe Park logo itself so it might not be symbolic of anything new coming to the park but just their marketing logo/style for the year.
Swarm Chris

I suspect they're going for an "infinite possibilities" branding. This was the heading on one of the first uses.

One thing is for sure though, this is for 2019 and definitely not 2020. :lol
Dom

This is a wild shot in the dark, but with the first infinite logo relating to gaming, it got me thinking. Whats something that's game related but can work in a jungle theme and the only thing that comes to mind other than video games is a themed escape room. But I have just remembered Containment exists, so maybe not :lol 
Swarm Chris

Today we're bouncing

The hashtags so far have been: infinite jungle bounce. Sounds fun. :)