Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Justin

If the latest image was connected with the decisions being made by Thorpe for their next coaster, which I doubt, I wouldn't be surprised if they have revealed the track layout! :lol
Dan

I highly doubt these latest social “teasers” by Thorpe are in any way related to any potential installations for 2020.
Dan

I’m not sure why people are thinking these latest social posts by Thorpe are anything to do with anything beyond this season?

It’s quite clear to me that, whatever they are in relation to, will be held this season. The fact that both of the posts reference 2019 (not 2020) pretty much confirm that ;)
Swarm Chris

On the one hand:
  • We have the same symbol used cryptically twice.
  • An out-of-the-blue big reveal that Loggers Leap was going. Perhaps to clear they way for a separate announcement about what the next development will be, so as to separate the two stories and manage the talking points - would be a good way of managing any new announcement.
  • The park looking to hire a new PR director at the end of last season. Whilst the position may have become vacant, the PR direction for the last couple of years suggests they didn't much care to have one when they had nothing big to sell anyway.
Whilst on the other:
  • Thorpe's social media is as reliable as Th13teen on a hot day.
Swarm Chris

Thorpe also said Loggers Leap would be making a splash-back real soon, so the reliability of anything they say is not very high to be fair. :lol

Thorpe's 2019 season could just be events slowly announcing the next development. Or you know, maybe they've added an ice-rink for 2019? Or maybe they just like drawing infinity symbols? :lol
Dan

Or maybe they just dont have a clue what they’re doing......

Swarm Chris

Ok, it would appear that any new found marketing competency was short lived :lol
Chris
Admin
Admin

It's so bloody unprofessional.

Won't be too long before someone takes a comment like that viral and leaves TP as a complete embarrassment.
Ben-

Wait, The Swarm have a number like 7706 when it was first teased?

Near a bathroom or something? Hmm.

LC12, wasnt it?
The downside is I can't find a way to connect 2020 to 7706.
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
Bert

They literally said there are no plans for anything major in the next couple of years yesterday.

Why on earth are people thinking about “teasers” for a 2020 coaster?
[Insert Signature Here]
PhNx Survivor

Where in that FAQ did it state they have no major plans in the next couple of years?

I can only see the Long Term Development Plan, if that is what you are referencing?
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Justin

COLOSSUS
Experience a massive ten exhilarating inversions including a vertical loop, cobra roll, double corkscrew and the UK’s only quadruple barrel roll!

With the closed season upon us, how would you review Colossus at the THORPE PARK Resort?
[/b][/center]
Swarm Chris

Come back later

A wonderous mix of unreliability and discomfort. But when the gods are in your favour, it's an alright and enjoyable ride. :)
Ben-

Bert wrote:They literally said there are no plans for anything major in the next couple of years yesterday.

Because this is a Project 2020 page, I'm just trying to find something, that could relate to it all, although they did say that - they have no reason not to put up a small tease, as the GP and most others, don't know what it could be. Thorpe have lied before. It makes a bit of sense that the two infinity signs are connected - maybe not with Project 2020, but I'm just stating it could be. 2020 is not as far away as we think.

Formally bendaboss
Justin

Check out Thorpe Park Official's exciting series documenting the 2018/2019 closed season.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Swarm Chris

These have been a great little series of videos. Bite-sized updates from the park showing things we wouldn't otherwise see.

Plus it also shines a positive spotlight on the teams we rarely (perhaps want to) see on a day out. I presume most technical staff only come into public contact when something has gone wrong with a ride.

Very nice Thorpe! :)
Justin

It is a very nice series and one which needs more discussion in my opinion. I love anything like this and it really interests me!

Although Thorpe has had slack for some of their recent decisions, and not much has been announced this year, I am wondering more and more if we will see improvements throughout the park. It is interesting to note that Inferno will be receiving some changes and Colossus is having work done too. Anything to reinforce or develop a rides theme is a positive in my eyes!
Dom

I remember being in absolute awe of this when it first opened. It looked so impressive for, what i think was 14/15 year old me. It hasn't aged that badly when you think of how old she actually is. Yes she needs a bit of TLC in the way she looks and runs, but its not bad for a coaster that turns 17 this year.
Dom

bendaboss wrote:
Bert wrote:They literally said there are no plans for anything major in the next couple of years yesterday.

Because this is a Project 2020 page, I'm just trying to find something, that could relate to it all, although they did say that - they have no reason not to put up a small tease, as the GP and most others, don't know what it could be. Thorpe have lied before. It makes a bit of sense that the two infinity signs are connected - maybe not with Project 2020, but I'm just stating it could be. 2020 is not as far away as we think.
No, its next year :lol
In all seriousness I am beginning to feel that Project 2020 isn't actually going to happen. Its getting awfully late for any plans to be submitted and approved and building of a new ride to happen in time for 2020, especially if it's one of the enthusiast wish list coasters. That being said, the Infinity warsymbol has now appeared twice and that can't just be conincidence can it.
Ben-

Dom wrote:
bendaboss wrote:

No, its next year :lol
In all seriousness I am beginning to feel that Project 2020 isn't actually going to happen. Its getting awfully late for any plans to be submitted and approved and building of a new ride to happen in time for 2020, especially if it's one of the enthusiast wish list coasters. That being said, the Infinity warsymbol has now appeared twice and that can't just be conincidence can it.
In my own Weird way Thats what i was trying to say. People think its ages away, because there is no planning. What i meant is that if we get planning, and more, then it is only 1 year away, and wont feel that long as I definatly agree that its getting late for plans, which is why i said 2020 isnt that much time - from a business standpoint, it is not as far as we think, as they need to submit plans soon, other-wise it will be delayed.
The infinity symbol is a common symbol, but as i said, its highly unlikely to be a coincidence, but might not be for 2020, could be an event.

Formally bendaboss