Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Bert

Of course Thorpe announce a Fortnite tournament as soon as the game dies due to the competition from Apex Legends...
[Insert Signature Here]
Nickolai

Honestly what is the Thorpe management and marketing right now??
Formally Smiler313
ProfBurp

Nickolai wrote:Honestly what is the Thorpe management and marketing right now??
That is a very very good question!
Chris
Admin
Admin

*Roll eyes emoji*

Wish I had something positive to say.
Justin

Not even worth a comment!
Htjc_

I am not even mad I'm just disappointed. Thorpe are slowly losing my respect and hopefully they will see that we don't find this a good idea. Whatever is happening at Thorpe Park, Merlin need to nip it in the bud soon. There is usually a reason to defend their decisions but with this there just isn't.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Swarm Chris

I took another look at who Thorpe have partnered with. They've held one event, in November last year and it looked terrible to me. Beyond that, it seems they spend a lot of time trying to get people (or maybe just kids) to pay to enter their contests to win cash prizes. Then there's the occasional 'crazy prank' video.

The more this settles, the worse it seems. Not only do we have another shoe horned IP being thrown at the park, we have an event that is likely going to be live streamed by a group of fairly obnoxious people that are trying to make a name for themselves and turn their 500 view videos into 5 million views. Depending on where they put the event, that could be hassle to avoid, far worse than Love Island Late's. The Dome seems likely a candidate, with its big screen and audience space: so if it's used, hopefully the side gate will be open so people can avoid this farce. But could you imagine them walking around the park with cameras all day long?

Thorpe's ability to make consecutively worse decisions is just impressive. At this rate Project 2020 will just to still be in business.
theparklifekid

I’m on a discord group where for the past few months we’ve been joking that “Fortnite: Flight of the Battlebus” new Quantum retheme coming to Thorpe Park in 2019.

Little did I know we were quite close. So now some laughter.

Hahahahahaahahahaha
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Swarm Chris

The Merlin marketing team have gone into damage limitation mode. Or not... :lol

Source
ProfBurp

Swarm Chris wrote:The Merlin marketing team have gone into damage limitation mode. Or not... :lol

Source
Well that's really bad isn't it! Yes it's true, but even if they were trying to make a joke out of it, that creates a seriously bad image of TP and also if ATR are happy to damage another of the Merlin brands, then what does they say to people considering going!
Justin

Ha. That is a classic! To be honest, they are only saying what we are all thinking!

Whilst I love visiting, it is a shame that there is nothing new to shout about this year. I was really hoping that we would have a new coaster to watch being constucted too. This would have created some hype for the park in their 40th year.
ProfBurp

Found this searching through Apple Music, some absolute classics! Don’t know if t was mentioned before but made my day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dom

Thorpe Park have announced that Loggers Leap won’t be returning and that parts from the ride will be auctioned off!
Htjc_

Guys, it's happened...

EDIT:
Dom wrote:Thorpe Park have announced that Loggers Leap won’t be returning and that parts from the ride will be auctioned off!
Damn, you beat me to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dan on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Swarm Chris

So, Merlin only typically auction things off when they're intending on putting something else in it's place very soon.

Just saying...
GLZ

Swarm Chris wrote:So, Merlin only typically auction things off when they're intending on putting something else in it's place very soon.

Just saying...
The new 2021/2022 coaster will be going in place of Loggers Leap, spanning some distance of the park with a huge turnaround/new element behind Im A Celeb. 
Dan

GLZ wrote: The new 2021/2022 coaster will be going in place of Loggers Leap, spanning some distance of the park with a huge turnaround/new element behind Im A Celeb. 
Do you have a source for this information?
Bert

Let me guess is it an RMC T-Rex giga coaster?
[Insert Signature Here]
coasterprints

Well I mean reportedly DBGT cost up to £31,000,000 overall and the time difference between The Swarm and DBGT is 4 years so if they can make that money in that time then 2016-2020 is just the right time frame to be able to afford something big like a B&M hyper/ giga coaster! Maybe a B&M giga like Fury 325 or Millenium Force would go nicely in the Old Town area if they cleared it properly.
Dom

I won’t lie, it’s sad, but not at all surprising. I think I’m more surprised by the fact that it’s been actually announced. I think it’s time that it actually went. Parks have to move on. It was a fun ride but here’s hoping we can get something even better. It will be interesting to see what items they put on Ebay!