Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
WickerBoy

It seems that Summer Lates will be returning for next year due to the restrictions on Thorpe’s annual pass page.
Season Passes are not valid for entry on special events, including Fridays, Saturdays & Sunday's in August
Justin

Possibly, but it could be guiding people to not visit during peak weekends. It would be nice if they did return though :)
nicky.borrill

Dan wrote:Image

As reported by SouthParks Facebook; Thorpe Park have added provisional 2019 opening dates to the Thorpe Breaks website, suggesting that the theme park will reopen for the 2019 season on Friday 29th March.

They also indicate that Fright Nights will run Thursday 3rd October – Sunday 6th October, Thursday 10th October – Sunday 13th October, and Thursday 17th October – Thursday 31st October.

The theme park is once again due to close on off-peak weekdays in May and September, although the number of closed days is reduced compared to 2018, and on non-Fright Nights dates during October.
Really hope this stays the same, and Alton follow suit with the Mondays... Monday is the only guarenteed day off we get.
Swarm Chris

Only thing to remember is that in September, Thorpe couldn't get the opening dates correct for the following couple of weeks. :roll:
ScottLann

Although theres still time left for an announcement of some sort, I feel like Project 2020 might not be announced at this year by TP.

I've just got my fingers crossed that they announce something soon but my hopes are getting lower and lower for any sort of big news from them :/
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
PhNx Survivor

I do believe that they are keeping this project under wraps.. this is the next coaster in 6 years.. so the secrecy will be there.. and I do believe when this ride unveils itself, the hype will be enormous!

Mark my words..
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Dan

As reported by SouthParks Facebook; Despite previously being stated as returning for 2019, Thorpe Park have removed the I'M A CELEBRITY... GET ME OUT OF HERE! Maze from the ride listing on their website.

Could this suggest that the attraction has departed the Resort?

Swarm Chris

Well, with all the work they did to the building for Vulcan Peak of Disappointment, did we really expect them to revert it all back for I'm a Celebrity usage? :sus:

A shame in terms of another capacity loss. When open, it generally always had a full queue. Unlike Living Nightmare Extreme, which on some days was walk-on, to the point of staff almost pleading people to come in. 
DeadJack5

Honestly not really surprised by this. After trying it last season after only doing it once in its first season, its gone massively down hill. The actors never really cared inside and just felt broken.

I do hope we see a new attraction inside or even a permanent maze being implimented in it's building. (as long as it isn't Vulcan Peak)
Dom

GUTTED

I absolutely adore this attraction because it’s so camp and cheesy and, well, a little bit crap. If they are going to put something in its place I have two requests:

A. Make sure it fits with The Jungle theme of the area that the space it is in!

B. Don’t put Vulcan Peak in!
Luce

Personally, I've never been a fan of IAC so I'm kind of glad but at the same time I hope Thorpe do something better with the space :D
ROYJESS

I did the IAC at Thorpe once, it was a good waste of 30+ minutes of my life that I will never get back
Chris
Admin
Admin

I did it once, which was on media night where it clearly was presented at its best.

No big loss, but just another attraction to add to the SBNO list..
Htjc_

This has been said before but I think there is further proof of this now. People have been speculating that the next rollercoaster to be installed at Thorpe would be around Loggers Leap and Slammer. However, with the apparent closure of IAC I think it's unlikely for it to be placed elsewhere. The closures are all next to each other so will kind of isolate that part of the park for redevelopment (It also happens to be my least favourite area of the park). Thorpe Park need something large to cover it all and a coaster would be perfect. However it's slowly becoming less likely to be a 2020 addition, but I have hope!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Ladyofthelake

I've only ever done the attraction three times, once on its media night, once later on in its debut season, and then a couple of years later. Whilst it did have very good interior theming, and there was a clear effort to keep the trials up to date and fresh, for me it never quite worked. It also just always seemed a little odd to have an attraction which used an IP that had its peak interest during the Resort's closed season! That being said, if nothing else opens at the Resort this year, I think it wil be missed, if purely for its ability to hold a good 30-60 minute queue at peak times and therefore help reduce the queue times elsewhere.

What does seem a little strange is that if indeed the attraction has left the Resort (remembering that at this stage its departure is pure speculation based on the ride page on the website being removed - nothing official has been announced), it seems as though the decision has been made relitively recently with a job posting for an Entertainments Host at Thorpe Park on the Merlin Jobs site, posted on 21st December 2018, including the following in the job advert text:
As an Entertainments Host you will need to be a lively individual who is not afraid to speak to crowds and interact with guests. You will facilitate the daily operation of the I’m A Celebrity attraction, Angry Birds 4D and scare attractions on selected dates, along with undertaking duties allocated to you which may include assisting guests, undertaking Health and Safety checks, venue cleaning and front of house duties.
Of course it is possible that the text used has simply been copied from a previous year, but could it also suggest that the Resort have only decided in the last couple of weeks to remove the attraction?
Swarm Chris

Well Sticky Sisters has also seemingly gone. It would appear there's a fair amount of stuff gone in this area, with the only new things added being extremely temporary looking.
Htjc_

I completely forgot about Sticky Sisters! Not that I'm mad, makes my argument more viable.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
PsychOXRat

Huh, I guess this coincides with when I was there and a couple staff members were taking pictures of buildings, foliage and interiors between Loggers and IAC, whilst referencing visual changes to the area. Only question is if the Burger King in that area is staying or going
Swarm Chris

That Burger King is no longer shown on the resort map...
Joel Allen

You’re right! It isnt....