Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
ScottLann

Hopefully this has attached now....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
Eternalyz

ScottLann wrote:Hopefully this has attached now....
Seems like a good layout, probably wouldn't be a hyper as it would probably be less that 200ft due to height restrictions. And Merlin probably plan to use the island behind Swarm for their next coaster
Justin

Hopefully we'll hear something soon. I still think Old Town is a potential site, especially with Loggers and Slammer SBNO.
Htjc_

The layout looks fun! But I think it's in the wrong place, I'd have thought it would be behind the Swarm and Stealth with the station at Slammer. Still a great image though!
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Htjc_

Could this be a subtle hint that Loggers opens back up finally in March?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justin

It could be Thorpe playing with us. They are well known of doing that!
Swarm Chris

Been burnt too many times by their social media. In my view they seem to think that continually suggesting things they know not to be happening, to get a response online, is good marketing. Bonus if they can then get people in the community to mock others for "falling" for it. Given they couldn't even get the basics correct like opening dates and parking charges, I think the social media is far disconnected from any actual management decisions and information. Personally I just ignore them now, unless it is a branded official announcement.

From the state of Loggers Leap, I would find it highly doubtful to be returning, especially in the new year. It would probably need 12 months of work to get the site back up and usable again.
DeadJack5

Just so you guys know. Thorpe have confirmed that's not actually from Logger's Leap. It's from Rock Express's queue line. It's just little hearted teasing
Swarm Chris

Yep, about to say, right on cue from Thorpe.

Htjc_

Well, I should have seen that coming... I'll have to try to be a bit more conscious next time!
Justin

They can't be trusted :lol In a way, it could devalue their social media channels if they post too many as wind ups as people will think their posts are unreliable.

They could have stated it was Rocky in their original post, but instead the lead people and got people again :lol Good going, Thorpe :lol
Swarm Chris

Justin wrote: They could have stated it was Rocky in their original post, but instead the lead people and got people again :lol Good going, Thorpe :lol
Mountain Construction? :P

But yep, I can see their social media following a The Boy Who Cried Wolf style fate, with no one believing them when they actually have something to say. I know I won't until I see the plans listed with the local council.

But on a positive side, their later post gave a little bit of insight into winter work at the park. Whilst this is completely unrelated to Loggers, I hope we see more of this style of content from them and a bit more behind the scenes of actual Thorpe Park things. As they're clearly wanting to talk to us all over the closed season. :D
Dan

As reported by SouthParks Facebook; Thorpe Park have added provisional 2019 opening dates to the Thorpe Breaks website, suggesting that the theme park will reopen for the 2019 season on Friday 29th March.

They also indicate that Fright Nights will run Thursday 3rd October – Sunday 6th October, Thursday 10th October – Sunday 13th October, and Thursday 17th October – Thursday 31st October.

The theme park is once again due to close on off-peak weekdays in May and September, although the number of closed days is reduced compared to 2018, and on non-Fright Nights dates during October.
Justin

Forgot to post this yesterday, but here is another insight into Thorpe's closed season.

Htjc_

Okay, the trolling is in full swing. Thorpe's Twitter quickly posted and deleted #loggersleap2019. Couldn't get a screenshot, all I got was the notification and when I checked it had gone.
Swarm Chris

I'm fairly sure there was a big Merlin staff celebratory event last night.

I'm guessing these events generate a reasonable amount of silliness between the staff, and may even include some alcoholic beverages to allow them to blow off steam and celebrate the year that has happened.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that some poor judgement, mixed with the celebratory environment, mixed with Thorpe's predisposition of causing drama and hyping things that aren't happening, may have occurred last night.

If so, then remember kids: don't drink and tweet.

I wonder when the new Thorpe Park PR manager starts?
Justin

Htjc_ wrote:Okay, the trolling is in full swing. Thorpe's Twitter quickly posted and deleted #loggersleap2019. Couldn't get a screenshot, all I got was the notification and when I checked it had gone.
Once again, fake news!
Justin

New story added...

Swarm Chris

After seeing the IAAPA Intamin presentations, I'm tempted to throw Intamin into the pot for potential next coasters wishlist. One of their new breed of launched coasters, with the crazy RMC style twists, turns and hanging inversions, could be really good. Plus if Merlin can get a multi-park deal with them again, that would be a bonus for Alton.

My only concern over 2020 though, is that there were a lot of announcements at IAAPA last week for the 2020 and mostly 2021 seasons. Yet, all is still quiet at Thorpe.
AltonOperator

Swarm Chris wrote:My only concern over 2020 though, is that there were a lot of announcements at IAAPA last week for the 2020 and mostly 2021 seasons. Yet, all is still quiet at Thorpe.
This did cross my mind but I'm not worried about this because it is the park's choice when an attraction is revealed and Thorpe has always been a park that like to build hype and market a ride before its opening. I imagine this next coaster will be the same so we won't see anything from the park till they're ready to start the campaign.
Thanks Jack