Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Swarm Chris

Bad news for those hopeful for the removal or otherwise update of Colossus. Fairly sure these are a new range of hats for sale.

Good news for hat fans.

Swarm Chris

A couple of the effects aren't working today. Some of the smoke on the ride and one of the pre-show screens aren't working today.

And now for a possible Fright Night update:
Spoiler
It's possible the rear screen in the pre-show doesn't work because it's not there any more. There's a little room where the screen is, which appears to have been emptied out. Could we have actors being the zombies here during Fright Night? If so I wonder if they'll remove the window so they can reach through and grab at people?
Finally, pretty funny run through with another terrified group. No one would go through the double door at the end, then when they did they ran back out into the ride area, causing people to step back and edge ever closer to the train. Had to help the staff a little too get them out of the station and not end up falling into the train. Twice! :lol
Joel Allen

The longer Colossus stays the better. It’s so fun when it’s not too rough. If you get that perfect smooth run (which I’ve had) the ride is absolutely fantastic. I just think if they repaint it and get new trains it would be even better.
Swarm Chris

None of the queue line screens are working, except for the ones in the overflow line by the toilets, which of course isn't in use! :lol
J1SH

Yeah, I honestly can't really see anything in the form of refurb on Loggers at the moment just because of the lack of anything happening over the past 3 years. I would like to see a coaster weave through the forest as I think that it could create a really good atmosphere (I mean you could just keep the theming for the Loggers and just slap a coaster there and I'd still be happy). I know that Saw is part of Old Town but it just doesn't have the same vibe and so personally doesn't fit very well and now that Loggers has gone it has turned into a bit of a dead zone and is only really used to get around rather than be a destination for rides. Loggers helped fill that gap and so for the benefit of that area I believe that a coaster needs to replace Loggers or we just pray that Loggers gets its highly unlikely, much needed refurb.
H8223R

They could retheme Saw, when the licence expires, to a western mine coaster and update Samurai to fit into the area too.
Justin

That is a shame!
Come on Thorpe, repair them for Fright Nights :)
jotemo87

Swarm Chris wrote:
jotemo87 wrote: Ok, I will buy the ticket from Thorpe Website. About the transportation, NationalRail is the best choice?
Assuming the ticket they're offering doesn't say it's an Advance Ticket, then the price they quote will be the same as the price at the station on the day. Keep in mind that if you buy online, you will still need to collect your actual tickets at the station.

You may be able to find a cheaper rate at a site called The Train Line, but you will likely then be forced to use a specific train at a specific time.
I searched at The Train Line, and they offer the same rate (Off-Peak Day Return), and it also says that I can travel on any eligible train. Will I be able to buy this Off-Peak Day Return rate at the same station?
Swarm Chris

jotemo87 wrote: I searched at The Train Line, and they offer the same rate (Off-Peak Day Return), and it also says that I can travel on any eligible train. Will I be able to buy this Off-Peak Day Return rate at the same station?
Yes, off-peak day return is a standard ticket that will be offered at the station for the same price. The ticket will then allow you on any train for that route, during off-peak hours. The national rail website will be able to give you info on when the peak/off-peak times are.
DeadJack5

Oh boy, it appears that one of the foam padding signs to notify a seat being out of use has fallen off during operation on Saturday.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7273448/t ... 1537135360
Swarm Chris

I've been trying to figure out what exactly this thing was that flew off, along with what exactly they mean by foam padding. It looks pretty large and most padding on attractions is fairly dense, so I can't imagine it would do anyone any favours if they collided with it on the ride.

But then again, it can't have been that concerning to the park, seeing as how they must have got management authorisation to reopen it and in such a short space of time. But still far from ideal.
Bert

DeadJack5 wrote:Oh boy, it appears that one of the foam padding signs to notify a seat being out of use has fallen off during operation on Saturday.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7273448/t ... 1537135360
Could someone copy the article onto here for those who choose not to be bombarded with ads.
[Insert Signature Here]
Sozzy40

I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
Coastercore

H8223R wrote:They could retheme Saw, when the licence expires, to a western mine coaster and update Samurai to fit into the area too.
Any idea when the license for Saw expires? I can’t see Merlin giving up an IP in any rush. Especially with how much theming they’ve already put in for Saw.
nicky.borrill

DigiPass is available, you can buy either a daily one, or MAP one in the dome on entry, just as you enter smack bang in front of.

Now, my question, not a TP regular, living so close to towers, the last time I went was the summer holidays, the queues were horrendous, bad enough for me to buy a fast pass... Going again this Saturday, can any TP regulars advise on what the queue times might be like on a Saturday outside the holidays? 
Swarm Chris

nicky.borrill wrote:DigiPass is available, you can buy either a daily one, or MAP one in the dome on entry, just as you enter smack bang in front of.

Now, my question, not a TP regular, living so close to towers, the last time I went was the summer holidays, the queues were horrendous, bad enough for me to buy a fast pass... Going again this Saturday, can any TP regulars advise on what the queue times might be like on a Saturday outside the holidays? 
They've been reasonable. The Swarm was about a 30 minute queue last Saturday, with a stated queue time of 40-50 minutes. Inferno was listed as 50 but was only in the cattle pen, which really should have been 20-30 minutes with a slow crew. Stealth was 20-30 minutes, Saw around 35 minutes. Colossus was being broadcast over the speakers as a 50 minute queue, but was back to the tunnel. Derren Brown is always over an hour and they'll likely make you wait half the stated queue time if you get Fast Track for it.

If it's wet this weekend, you could see the park being quite empty. Biggest concern is the wind, with a yellow weather warning there is an increased chance of rides not being able operate.
nicky.borrill

Thanks Chris, the yellow warnings given at the minute are up to Friday, and again from Sunday, fingers crossed that holds. Out of interest which rides are succeptible to the wind? Never experienced anything at AT closed due to wind, but I’ve seen it plenty of times at BPB, Fantasy Island and the old American Adventure.

Not a big fan of DBGT, don’t think the (trying to avoid spoilers) bit in the vehicle was very good quality, enjoyed the surprise, but I think once you’ve done it, you’ve done it. That being said, can’t wait to take the missus on over halloween, she’s not done it yet, and is the perfect victim for something like that **EVIL LAUGH**
Swarm Chris

On a really bad day... all of them. :(

Strangely Inferno seems to get hit first, even though it's the most enclosed. Next is usually The Swarm and the rapids. Stealth can often last reasonably long as I think they just turn the power up :lol.
Ryan.B

If this is planned for a March 2020 opening, it's only 16 months away. If it is a major coaster wouldn't planning permission be due to be sent?
AltonOperator

Thorpe park have negotiated with the council and no longer have to make their planning permission public.
Thanks Jack