Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Justin

It does look good, however, I do think they should have painted the pyramid, although I can understand why they haven't with Ghost Train.

Hopefully it will be an improvement as X isn't a great coaster. I'm just worried that we will have an X:/No Way Out style attraction with sudden stops and just a zombie animated figure placed on the platform.
ScottLann

Justin wrote:It does look good, however, I do think they should have painted the pyramid, although I can understand why they haven't with Ghost Train.

Hopefully it will be an improvement as X isn't a great coaster. I'm just worried that we will have an X:/No Way Out style attraction with sudden stops and just a zombie animated figure placed on the platform.
I agree with you on the colours there. I think they should have painted the blue stripe on the roof black just so that the pyramid doesn't look as bright and colourful. Hopefully, the experience itself will still be amazing!
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
Tom170499

This article shows some images from inside the unload bay in the station. 

It annoys me how Thorpe Park keep advertising this as a new rollercoaster. It’s just gonna cause guest to get there, realise it’s a rethemed X and complain. Either way, it looks to be good theming so far, and if the entrance stays true to the concept, this could be one of the best themed rides in the park. 
Dan

These are the photos of the interior of the building mentioned by Tom170499 above. They are actually of the unloading bay, and in the background you can see the “Don’t Open: Dead Inside” doors from the TV series. Could this hint to more than just an empty corridor as you are leaving the building?

Dan

Thorpe Park have updated their website with details of their 2018 Fastrack packages. There are now just three packages – Exhilarate, Adrenaline, and Island Unlimited – that each have an off-peak and peak price.

The new Exhilarate and Adrenaline packages also allow guests to “mix and match” the rides they Fastrack, with it being possible to choose how to distribute the five Fastrack rides between the five eligible attractions.

DeadJack5

I don't think this is a bad idea. It at least helps you if you want to split it with other members of your group. It's an extra which could work really well. I like the idea of using the fastracks just on ride or using it on more than 1 ride once, It helps if you want to avoid a ride you don't particularly like. Good idea from Thorpe!
Justin

I'm a little sceptical about this. While it is great to see a choice being offered, how will this impact Fastrack queues? Hopefully, not to much, especially if one shot tickets have been removed. I can just imagine large groups buying Fastrack for one or two of the big rides and then extending the queue times for others.

I'd still stick with the one FT for each, but it will be interesting to see if it has any impact on sales and timings.
Wagstaff04

Are those the same trains as when it was X, because the ones on the announcement art looked very different. 
Morgan

They are, in fact you can see the old lettering on the front of the trains.
Dom

I'm so excited for this. Now we've had a glimpse inside, I no longer feel worried for it. It looks like its very well themed. I am genuinely more excited about this than I am Wicker Man purely because we don't know much about what will be inside!
Justin

Wagstaff04 wrote:Are those the same trains as when it was X, because the ones on the announcement art looked very different. 
Yes!
It is a shame because the trains featured in the promo photo looked really good with the headlights. There still could be time to see adjustments made to the existing trains to bring them in line, however, after seeing today's photos, I don't think we will be seeing new trains for this attraction.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Jordan has said on her Twitter that they’re “not finished yet” in response to a comment about the trains.
Justin

That is good to hear. Hopefully they will receive an overhaul aesthetically!
Zach

Posted on the Merlin Annual Pass Facebook page this morning - Single dates specific for each attraction. 

Passholder Wizards!

Lookout for an EXCLUSIVE 20% DISCOUNT on your Annual DigiPass! 

The Annual DigiPass unlocks ride and walkabout* photos digitally for the whole year across all our Resort Theme Parks (excl. Warwick Castle), now from only £30pp**!

This offer is limited to the following locations when purchased on these dates***:
-        Official LEGOLAND Windsor on the 9th March 2018
-        THORPE PARK Official on the 18th March 2018
-        Chessington World of Adventures Resort on the 10th and 11th March 2018
-        Alton Towers on the 17th March 2018

For these days and locations only, a Family DigiPass is priced at £30pp, and an individual DigiPass is priced at £40pp.
Ben-

I think I might have changed my mind about this. I thought it would be boring and have a lack of theming, but now I've seen those photos, I think the ride will be good as long as the theming is just as good through out the whole ride.

The last picture got me thinking, in the unload bay could a zombie scare you before you get off the ride? Like the photo where there is one zombie on the side scaring you but all the rest are in the cart, which in the actual ride will be replaced by people.

But what do you think? I’m not a big fan of scares but it will make the ride more thrilling and memorable.
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
ThemeCrafter264

This already looks awful...

Robert.W

Erm... that's not completely finished is it? :-k

Chris
Admin
Admin

We should assume that is not finished - quite a while off opening day yet.

Where did the photo come from?
Capt.Barnacles

For something that is very clearly a work in progress, I think it looks fine.
streetmagix

Slightly unfair to use a dodgy photo of something that's not complete. 

Looks like they're building it properly though, the building looks like it's built from breeze block and not a metal frame with cladding as I expected. Hopefully they'll put some actors up there to entertain the queueline.