Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
JonDoesTT

SAW Alive?  :-k

Credit to NemesisRider
ThemeCrafter264

For those of you wondering about DBGT not being a failure, in its' third season it is already going to open 2 hours after the rest of the park does.
Morgan

"The future of theme park rides"... is that why it opens later?
Bert

Isn't DBGT's budget still from MMM since it's only in it's 3rd year? 

And also it seems strange bringing back an attraction from seasonal operations after 5+ years of being scrapped, It gives me a bit of hope for Sub Terra.

I think the budget cuts are actually pretty sensible since it's attractions that aren't the most popular with the only execption being I'm a Celeb there nowhere near as bad as Towers budget cuts for sure.
[Insert Signature Here]
Dan

JonDoesTT wrote:SAW Alive?  :-k
Thorpe Park have confirmed on Twitter that SAW Alive will be open for the 6 week summer holidays.

I presume we may see The Walking Dead - Living Nightmare operate under a similar schedule.
Joel Allen

Dan wrote:
JonDoesTT wrote:SAW Alive?  :-k
Thorpe Park have confirmed on Twitter that SAW Alive will be open for the 6 week summer holidays.

I presume we may see The Walking Dead - Living Nightmare operate under a similar schedule.
That's great news actually. Pleased about Thorpe's opening times this year :)
Dom

Wait, what? Saw Alive is going to be open during the summer. Wow! I'm in shock. As for the staggered openings, I'm kind of not bothered by it. It kind of makes sense given DBGT has always opened later and IAC is only open half the season anyway, so its not really going to affect a normal day for people.
Dan

On what has been a very busy day for news coming out of the southern parks, Thorpe Park have added a new blog post to their website, this time focusing on the short video that was released on Friday evening.

On the Island Like No Other we’re no stranger to the weird, obscure and downright bizarre, but what happened last week left us stumped, confused and itching for more detail.

For those of you who don’t know, on Friday 19th January at 4.48PM, a mysterious 15 second piece of footage emerged on Instagram. The footage appeared to show an as yet unidentified creature stumbling around in the woods, before panning to reveal some of Stealth’s track in the background, confirming the location to be somewhere here at the Resort.

The video was quickly shared amongst fan groups, sparking reaction videos, discussion as to what this could all mean and the hashtag #WheresChloe? in relation to the Instagram account where the video originated.

Here’s what we know:

- The footage was recorded somewhere at the Resort

- The footage contained some kind of hidden message

- The creature appeared to be of human height and form

And here’s what we don’t know:

- The whereabouts of ‘Chloe’

- The identity of the creature

- The whereabouts of the creature now

As we’re sure you can appreciate, we are looking into this to gather as much detail as we possibly can to get to the bottom of this mystery. But in the meantime, we need your help! If ANYBODY has ANY information about the video or its contents we urge you to come forward so we can figure out what this all means.

Keep your guard up Islanders, and we’ll meet you at the Safe Zone…
Wagstaff04

Ooooooh! This has to be walking dead. Does anyone know the secret message?
Dom

lewis97 wrote:It has been noted that the video features the message "Safe Zone, X, 05/03/2018, 09:00" presumably indicating when we can expect an announcement.
Hope this helps
Jack

I'm not bothered at all by the staggered openings. Especially as DBGT is the most technical ride I've ever seen, and really does need that time to be set up each morning. And unlike Alton Towers, Thorpe Park will have openings until 10PM on some days, which makes it a whole lot more justifiable. I don't think this is a costcutting measure as much as it is a help for the park operations, personally, and therefore I must say I support it. Especially with the opening of SAW - Alive :)
DeadJack5

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:For those of you wondering about DBGT not being a failure, in its' third season it is already going to open 2 hours after the rest of the park does.
I think this is more of covering themselves with their opening times. Derren Brown, as Dom said, never opened when the park did and was always opened later. At least this gives it a chance to set up properly and make sure the ride is OK for a 12pm opening. It's not that it's a failure. It's giving the staff some space and time to work and get the ride up to operating conditions so that guests wouldn't put so much pressure for the ride to be opened. It's an actor lead attraction, just like IAC.

I really wouldn't consider this ride a failure from the reviews from the theme park fans and causal guests who have experienced this ride and who I've spoken to. It's getting more improvements to retain its reliability and is a ongoing development, as well as it being a one of a kind attraction in my opinion.
Muppet738

Like I said, I think Thorpe Park is becoming Merlin's new flagship park. All it needs is a decent hotel and I think it will take over from Alton Towers, I'm sorry to say.
Owen

I agree Muppet738. It’s pretty obvious that Thorpe is headed to be the new Alton. It’s been getting superior theming for years, now has a top notch dark ride, has plenty of flat rides and is getting updates and refreshes all the time. This makes so much sense though. Not only is Thorpe Park so much easier to get around in the park but it’s also easy to get to from London, so by all accounts it’s a very smart move.

This is reason, at least in my opinion, Thorpe’s (and Chessington’s) future is one I’m very excited to see!
Dom

Thorpe really are killing it and I totally agree. To me, Thorpe has already become the flagship park for Merlin. Although I do question some of their decisions, most of the time they have actually turned out to work for the park. I am more excited about Thorpe this year than I am Towers.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It's pretty clear at this point that the development is happening, however the planning application relating to X's retheme has now been approved.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Following yesterday's announcements, the exact dates that the seasonal attractions will be open have been added to Thorpe Park's website.

I'm A Celebrity... Maze
Friday 23rd March –Sunday 15th April 2018
Friday 25th May – Sunday 3rd June 2018
Saturday 21st July – Monday 3rd September 2018

SAW Alive
Saturday 21st July – Monday 3rd September 2018

It is confirmed on its page that SAW Alive will remain open until park close after opening at 12pm, so that will mean an impressive 10 hours of operation during the late-opening summer dates which will actually be longer than when it opened at 3pm during Fright Nights, outside of half-term week. There is also nothing to suggest that it will be an upcharge attraction on the page either, although I expect admission may be a little more expensive on the 10am-10pm dates.

Interestingly, no dates have been added to Rumba Rapids' page that would indicate a seasonal opening, although whether this means that it will actually be open all season, or if it's just that the page is yet to be updated, is unclear.
Dan

Due to Dom having a moment and getting confused, some recent posts have been deleted in order to keep the topic flowing :lol
Adz
Admin
Admin

The park are still very keen to reopen the attraction. I know it seems unlikely to most but I wouldn’t be surprised if it reopens for next season as their low capex before 2020.
Dom

I really hope it does reopen as its such a fun flume. Would it be the end of Platform 15 if they get Loggers reopen? Or would it be a case of closing early like Rumba