Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

Yeah I saw that too on Saturday. There really isn't much happening anywhere else on the park, except for the large NOW TV stand that has appeared near Storm in a Teacup that looks hideously out of place. 
PhNx Survivor

Yeah haha, I went over to the site of Loggers Leap aswell and didn't notice anything different or any work being done.. only the sign stating the ride is under redevelopment.. also Lumber Jump does look practically ready to open.. hope something is announced soon.. however I must say that the new IMAscore music for the entrance of the park does have a good vibe to it, definitely worth a listen to if possible!
Dom

So it looks like X Factor will be holding auditions at Thorpe Park. Here is a link to an article.

I mean, seriously. Although it would be hilarious to see the judges on the rides, I somehow think this will be a bad thing.
cubwolf

I have seen on Facebook that the car parkings gone up to £7.00 now.
This on the back of the lockers doubling in price a few weeks back.

Not sure if you can still get 2 consecutive days parking for the price of one though. They dont advertise that but it was available the last couple of times we did a Sunday and Monday trip. I know Alton dont offer it so i bet it will vanish soon enough from Thorpe Park
The Nemesis Fox

With Colossus aging very badly at 15 years old with it being uncomfortable, rough and grime showing, it is only natural that it will be shut in the next 10 years because of this. So what would you want to replace Colossus given its large area?
Would you:
Choose a floorless?
Have a multi looper?
Keep the theme?
PhNx Survivor

That X Factor article is a joke.. just another stunt to get fans back into a dying TV show.. this better not have anything to do with the 'worlds first' attraction coming soon...
Dom

I will be brutally honest but I can not wait until they get rid of Colossus. Its not friendly one bit. When the tiime comes to replacing it, I sort of hope they look backwards instead of forwards with regards to it. I would love them to revisit the original plans for the area

They could tweak the design to fit and just give us something a bit more dramatic now that the power of ten has been duplicated in other parks.

As for theme, I like the Lost City theme, so it should stay. I would sort of love it if X was to be removed from inside the pyramid and then have the pyramid as the station for it, so you come out of the pyramid. That would be kind of cool.
Morgan

I've only ridden it once this year and couldn't agree more, I'd like to see it leave sooner rather than later.
I'd like to see it replaced by a traditional dark ride (that doesn't revolve around horror and doesn't use VR), maybe a log flume too if they could squeeze it in now Loggers is more or less dead.
The Nemesis Fox

I think that it's Replacement should be a launched sit down B&M with the worlds tallest vertical loop or a floorless coaster for the USPS. It should be in a multi deal I believe with Alton getting a launched floorless unless Alton gets a Mack or Intamin as Rita's Replacement instead. If this is the case then Thorpe could have a launched floorless.
AltonOperator

I tried it for the first time on Sunday and I honestly thought it was great. It was on one train operation but there were plenty of people queueing. It's way to popular to go. If it was to close in the next few years, it probably won't be a dark ride because they just put one in. They need a new coaster and a flat or two.
At the moment, I'm pushing for more development at the towers. I have now visited both and agree with most that they need more flats and more attention on general. I love thorpe and think it's fine at the moment.
Thanks Jack
jamesc

PhNx Survivor wrote:Okay so I was at Thorpe yesterday and saw where that cherry picker has parked.. however that's literally just it.. a cherry picker, 4 structure frames of The Swarms cars, and a few pallets with blankets over them.. so unless it's something to do with The Swarm.. i'm stumped :-k

Sorry for the double post..
Maybe Worlds First B&M 4D Cars for Swarm.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
PhNx Survivor

jamesc wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:Okay so I was at Thorpe yesterday and saw where that cherry picker has parked.. however that's literally just it.. a cherry picker, 4 structure frames of The Swarms cars, and a few pallets with blankets over them.. so unless it's something to do with The Swarm.. i'm stumped :-k

That would be interesting! Think a 4D element however would ruin some of the elements on the ride.. if anything the zero-g roll could use one and the straight twist could also use one.. but then again could ruin.. have to wait and see, could be an experience though!
Max

PhNx Survivor wrote:
jamesc wrote:

That would be interesting! Think a 4D element however would ruin some of the elements on the ride.. if anything the zero-g roll could use one and the straight twist could also use one.. but then again could ruin.. have to wait and see, could be an experience though!
Those 4 frames of Swarm cars are the old backwards rows.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Danny

I'd personally want to see something similar to Helix or Blue Fire! It's got a great footprint with height potential as well as enough opportunities to interact with the landscape. :)
AltonOperator

Yeah a Mack Megacoaster would be fantastic.
Thanks Jack
PhNx Survivor

Max wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:
jamesc wrote: Maybe Worlds First B&M 4D Cars for Swarm.
Those 4 frames of Swarm cars are the old backwards rows.
Ah that makes sense.. thought by now they would of put them back into a storage facility, not just outside haha.. so now I'm guessing that it's either X that's going to be the new worlds first with the redevelopment, or it's a shop.
Dom

A worlds first shop attraction :lol

At the moment I don't think anyone actually knows that this worlds first thing will be. I doubt its anything too exciting, especially if its coming this summer, but if one is casting wished than I would love a couple of Summer Nights on dates that I can do or a new Funrise to Funrise event please TP :lol
AltonOperator

hey so I saw this on the corporate events page

Is this the new attraction for the Summer of Thrills?
Thanks Jack
Dom

The Journey is a type of party that they offer as part of their corporate events. It offers the following:

Exclusive after hours journey on Derren Brown’s Ghost Train
Victorian Dining Experience with access to 2 additional rides of your choice

THE DESTINATION

“Jack’s Little Ripper” Cocktail on arrival
Delicious Victoriana inspired food stall buffet
Roaming entertainment straight from the pages of a Dickensian novel
Exclusive use of our unique Lake View Venue
AltonOperator

Never mind :(
Thanks Jack