Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Luce

I agree, it would have been nice to add a little bit of theming to fit in with the area but at least there's some extra rides for smaller kids to go on.
Robert.W

I've always had the impression that theming just wasn't as much of a priority at Thorpe Park than other Merlin parks. I know they have some good themed rides, but the park as a whole looks a bit miscellaneous and a few areas look slightly run down or worn out.

Burniel

Most of the park is nothing on Alton Towers, but you can still roughly see the theme of any area, and there are some excellent parts of the park, such as Saw and The Swarm, alongside Old Town back when it was Canada Creek.

I wouldn't have a problem with rides like this if they were put in somewhere relatively unthemed, but they seem to be the next step in slowly destroying Old Town, which was one of their best areas 5-10 years ago in my opinion.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Owen

I think it's fairly obvious Thorpe have been leading the theming game out the three for quite a few years now, so I can't imagine these lasting long. Old Town is speculated for a big overhaul at some point so I feel that over the next decade Thorpe is going to see some big changes!
Owen

We have an exciting post from Thorpe Park!
THORPE PARK Official wrote:It's officially the first day of summer and we're celebrating with our Island of extremes!

The wettest, the fastest, the scariest - you can find them all right here on the Island Like No Other.

As if that's not enough, this summer we're also dropping:

- An exciting new World's First attraction
- Extreme challenges
- The Transformers Tour
- And loads more!

So don't miss out - summer is finally here and it's going to be the most extreme yet!

#IS7NDXTREMES
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The promise of a new attraction is intriguing, although I'm preparing for an anticlimax - with Merlin's recent reputation it could simply mean that they're "dropping" one of the attractions from their ride line-up after all...

I'm also unsure what 'The Transformers Tour' could be. Perhaps something related to the latest film in the franchise which has just been released?

EDIT: After a quick Google it also seems 'The Transformers Tour' is coming to Paultons Park in July.
Max

Purely speculation, but could it have something to do with the current refurbishment going on with X? It was in a dire state, the audio is almost inaudible combined with the bizarre single riders rule. Could be an excuse to bolt "World's First" onto something.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
theparklifekid

Does anyone else think that this may have been a typo? They maybe referring to DBGT: ROTD, which is the new attraction for this year and that was technically a worlds first.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
NeoXIII

I saw this post this morning after waking up and thought it was just a dream lol.
I do think it's a typo and they meant DBGT with that, I can't imagine what TP is suddenly pulling out of their hat that doesn't even require a planning permission.
Dom

Jumping on the speculation train here with this but has anyone else noticed the random hash tag with the post. Why do it like that?
Luce

I'm curious by this news from Thorpe but I think the world's first thing could be to do with DBGT too unless it's something temporary for the summer? I doubt it though but will be interested to see what it turns out to be.
Owen

I don't think they're referring to Ghost Train, as it specially says they're revealing a world first attraction. The use of the word attraction tells me it's not a ride and I don't think anyone is really expecting anything major...
ThemeCrafter264

The word new is making me think it's some sort of temporary attraction, that will only last this summer.
Owen

As reported by Thorpe Park Central construction equipment has appeared behind the swarm island again.

ilyAlton

Anyone know if the park is likely to be busy next week? I'm assuming there will be school trips in last week of June
Justin

As we are in the final 4 weeks of the school year, expect there to be an increase in school visits. While it will still be quieter than a weekend, you may experience longer than usual queues for a weekday.
Owen

It's quite wet next week so I wouldn't been too worried. I've been on days where school trips were happening whilst it was raining and I think it's the quitest I've ever seen!

That being said if it end up being warm I'd take Justin's advice on board! :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

*braces for the uncontainable excitement* - Lumber Jump has been added to Thorpe's website.
PhNx Survivor

I'll be going to Thorpe next Monday.. if I see anything that could possibly be related to the "Worlds First" gimmick.. I'll photograph.
PhNx Survivor

Okay so I was at Thorpe yesterday and saw where that cherry picker has parked.. however that's literally just it.. a cherry picker, 4 structure frames of The Swarms cars, and a few pallets with blankets over them.. so unless it's something to do with The Swarm.. i'm stumped :-k

Sorry for the double post..