Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Luce

I was also there today and there were certainly a lot of issues going on with reliability but nowhere near as bad as my previous visit. Overall I had a great day and got on everything I wanted to do.
andyk69

According to twitter this morning. Thorpe have confirmed Slammer has left the resort after 12 years........
MakoMania

Quite a bit of land we have over there now.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
bensaund

I hope they don't do a Towers and just grass over it or replace it with a blow up pay stall.
theparklifekid

https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/8 ... 7810278401

Indeed, Slammer has now left the park :(

RIP Slammer 2005-2017
Last edited by theparklifekid on Thu May 04, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Burniel

That's promising.

I mean, that's what we got told with Submission, Ripsaw, Loggers ... (need I go on?), but it's something.

Personally, I'm absolutely gutted to lose Slammer. Say what you like about its reliability, but I, as a local, was generally able to get a fair few rides in on it per season. To have lost the last Sky Swat is truly saddening, as they were almost undisputedly excellent rides.

Old Town and the surrounding area really is weak now!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Stan.H

BREAKING NEWS:

NEW FOR LATE 2017 - 'SLAMMER SWEEP'

In an interview with PR manager, Hayley Dodd, she is "Thrilled" to announce the new world-beating up-charge attraction, that takes guests through a "total wipeout" like experience, and with it only at £7 per person for a 1-minute game, get down to Thorpe Park Resort now!
theparklifekid

Quickly whipped this up, thought it was necessary...
Stan.H

Well, urm, at least I tried I guess :lol
Dom

Its a weird one. I'm gutted its gone, but at the same time i'm not that bothered by the news. I hope and pray that they actually replace it with something worth while.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Katie has written a nice summary article.

http://www.southparks.co.uk/2017/05/04/ ... rk-resort/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Owen

The new kiddie drop tower has been officially named Lumber Jump!
Morgan

It seems Rumba Rapids will be shut tomorrow, presumably due to the tragic incident at Drayton Manor.
theparklifekid

Due to recent events at Drayton, Thorpe Park has closed Rumba Rapids until further notice.
Robert.W

Nemesis Inferno could have had more interaction with the landscape a bit like Alton Towers Nemesis does interact with the landscape like having tunnels and cliffs. Infernos rock work and theming looks fake and the rest of the rollercoaster track doesn't look anything special in the way Nemesis is at Alton Towers.

Dom

A lot of people have realised that they are two seperate coasters and the only link between them both is the word Nemesis. To many of us, Nemesis Inferno is an under rated coaster, and deserves a bit more respect among the enthusiast community as it does give a pretty intense ride experience and also an enjoyable one. It may not have the interactions with the fake rock work, but it interacts with the foliage, giving it an entirely different feel to the original.
Chris
Admin
Admin

The problem with Nemesis Inferno is that they unnecessarily called it 'Nemesis' Inferno, so obviously everyone made a comparison straight away.

It is great ride that can hold its own, and is sometimes unfairly compared to one of the most unique inverted coasters ever built.
Jack

Inferno sits comfortably at my #3/4 coaster atm, behind Nemesis and the Smiler, but in the summer, when the wheels are hot, I do often have a hard think about it being number one as it is just so damn intense :lol
dazza4783

While Inferno isn't quite as good as Nemesis that is probably more to do with Nemesis' setting and theme than anything else, and it is still one of the best coasters in the country. The 2 coasters do have a lot of similarities and not just because they are the same ride type from the same manufacturer. They do have pretty much all the same elements just in a different order. Both have a vertical Loop, Zero G Roll, 2 corkscrews, an intense helix (Inferno's isn't as intense but you do pull a few G's on that last turn into the brakes).
cubwolf

Been to to Thorpe this weekend. Rapids were back open with the waterfall on in the tunnel. The water guns on that and tidal wave and storm surge were off. There is a member of staff in a life jacket and rescue kit overlooking the lift and one sat on a hill on the final bend with the same kit on and a panic button. How long thats going to be the case is anyones guess but its increased staffing costs.