Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Looks like it could be a good few months before Slammer stands any chance of reopening...

[align=center]Image[/align]
Capt.Barnacles

I really do wonder how much longer Slammer has left in it... Whilst it's a good ride and I enjoy it, I feel it's only a matter of time before Merlin decide they've had enough of its issues and remove it. Which to me will be a pretty sad moment since it's been the only one of its kind left since Six Flags New England removed theirs in 2012.
Burniel

New for 2018 at Thorpe Park: an upcharge HB Leisure Meltdown to replace Slammer (opening March May June "summer")!

I think that would be the killer for me if it went. In reality, Slammer is unlikely to be replaced with anything at all, let alone anyting quite as unique and enjoyable. I love Slammer and it would hurt to see it go in any case, but I can accept that it's on its last legs, but I'd just really want it to be replaced by something wacky and exciting, which we probably wouldn't see.

With that in mind, I really want to see it back in health ASAP.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
alicheesy

I noticed that pizza pasta at Thorpe now offers "Quorn ball" pizza which is new this year.
Does anyone know if other Quorn products are available in other food outlets? (at any of the parks)
It would be good having veggie sausage rolls, burgers etc. for people like me who are annoying and don't like meat or vegetables :lol
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
PJ.

Looks like a few closures again today from the app (I'm not on site)Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Owen

Everything major has now opened, minus Stealth which isn't expected to be in operation for a little while.
Dan

Rocky Express, Samurai and IAC don't open until 11am.

I've been at Thorpe yesterday and today and both operations and reliability have been much better than the shambles at the weekend.

Colossus is still on one train and Stealth is closed but apart from that the park is running well.
PJ.

Dan wrote:Rocky Express, Samurai and IAC don't open until 11am.

I've been at Thorpe yesterday and today and both operations and reliability have been much better than the shambles at the weekend.

Colossus is still on one train and Stealth is closed but apart from that the park is running well.
Doh, forgot about the 11am openings, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Tom170499

Does anyone know what is actually wrong with Stealth? Only think I can think of is that it cold be having its launch cable replaced but surely that wouldn't take so long? :-k
Max

Still needs a new catch car.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Tom170499

Max wrote:Still needs a new catch car.
That makes sense, thanks :D
fitchy

The catch car was replaced at the end of last season during fright nights
Dan

I did a lift hill climb of The Swarm yesterday and asked if it was the catch car that was causing the downtime. We were told that it's not the catch car but a valve of some sort that needs replacing but I'm not sure how much truth there was in that.

Here is a photo I took from the top of The Swarm. It looks to me like there is something over the area where the catch car normally sits that could be used to lower a new one in? There's also something on the floor next to the air gates which looks like it could actually be a catch car?

Burniel

Really bizarre thing happened with Stealth today. Around 3:30, the queue times boards started announcing it was open and on 80 minutes. Upon running over, we saw a queue coming right out the front and up to the baggage hold, with no one in the air gates. At least one test car was sent successfully. Everyone was then ordered out of the queue, the ride re-closed and the "Stealth will be closed all day" message continued to play on the boards.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dan

Stealth has re-opened this morning.

It currently has a 50 minute queue.
streetmagix

Alton had 'Quorndogs' at their hot dog stands this week, they looked rather tasty! I can't remember if the price was any different.

On a similar note: I wish they had more sugar free soft drinks options. Diet Coke gets boring after a while. I wish they had more Freestyle machines to solve this issue.
RobHand

I Recently just purchased an annual pass for Thorpe as they're on sale at the moment, does anyone know how busy it is during the weekdays when the kids are at school, as I'm only at college 2-3 times a week so I'm gonna start going regularly, just wanted an idea of how long the que times would be (went over the holidays and it was VERY busy), thanks in advance!
Owen

You'll probably only find Stealth and Colossus get large queues, and even then it'll be around 30 minutes. :)
RobHand

Owen wrote:You'll probably only find Stealth and Colossus get large queues, and even then it'll be around 30 minutes. :)
I was hoping for an answer like that :lol , thats nothing compared to the 70-80 minutes queues even so, thanks for the reply!
Muppet738

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet about steath
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3352564/f ... orpe-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;